Sign in to follow this  
andylee054

HALO addon for U.S. version

Many people ask me why I didn't release the HALO addon in US version since I released the ROC MOD 3.0 in 2004.

After long time of waitting, finally I release this addon. wink_o.gif

This is the stand alone version of HALO from Taiwan workshop.

You may download this addon from the URL as belower.

http://www.jmfoz.idv.tw/~otwbig5/files/otw_halo.rar

otwhalo.jpg

Wow! Awesome!!! I've been waiting for a LOONG time for a good US HALO unit. Thanks a bunch Andy Lee! You Da Man!!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thanks very much Andy, we all appreciate it a lot. These units are the best HALO soldiers I've seen so far! biggrin_o.gif

Everyone who likes this addon should also check out the full ROC3.0 MOD, which includes this units plus a lot of other neat stuff.

I get an error when I jump, Sound otw_halo_nosie not found.

Anyone else getting this?

edit: ok it only seems to happen when using mods, nice addon, but has a few bugs.

The halo noise keeps playing even after you are on the ground.

You can fire the gun while dropping.

You stop very abruptly when the parachute is deployed which means there's no need to deploy the parachute at a certain altituted to avoid becoming a stain in the ground. Right now you could probably deploy at 10m from the ground and land safely.

Looking good, keep it up.

Negative, I do not get that error. But a few things that I had noticed. Not really "bugs", but just a couple minor things.

1) When you land, you can still hear the sound file, as if you are falling through the sky. This sound was cancelled when I reloaded my weapon though, so no big deal.

2) Even after landing on foot and the gear was "removed", when ever you start to walk or run you see the status box on the upper-left similar to a vehicle...showing damage, fuel, etc. I tried for several minutes to wait, and it never went away.

3) An error message comes up when you are still in HALO and drop below about 200m. But you can safely deploy your chute below even 100m, so is there a way to change that warning display to be activated at 125m-150m instead?

Those are not "problems", and are not serious enough to require an update or modification. There are workarounds for them. But if an update was planned for a later version, then maybe those ideas could be looked at.

For me, I will be using these units for the actual HALO insertion, but once they land I will have them move into a tent or something, then do a short fade out-fade in with slight time jump. They will then exit the tent in their mission clothing and gear. If the mission doesn't call for a tent, then something else similar will do. This way I can switch the player to a different soldier addon, such as the BAS Ranger or what ever might be used. This way they no longer have the status box active, and are in proper uniform.

Still no complaints from me, this is sweet  biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: Another note, regarding the weapons being able to be fired while falling. Try removing the weapons and ammo from the unit before the mission starts, and give them back once the unit is on the ground. In real life you keep your weapon in a rifle bag, and remove it once down. I didn't like its position on the unit while falling, so removing it makes it look better as well.