Sign in to follow this  
twisted

will ofp2 be as pretty as this?

Yep ragdolls a MUST , its a really good effect plus i dont see any major lag issues thta it might bring , considering the game will be released in 2006 and the GFX card industry will have gone to even higher heights.

Plus cant you imagine , sniping some guy from 800 m in the head and he falls down with force towards the side the bullet was travelling , with his legs yanked from beneath him. That would be neat. Current OFP stance of simply dropping dead even if being hit by a high velocity bullet is not realistic , *BANG* soldier drops dead as if he had a heart attack rather then being hit by a bullet at high speed. crazy_o.gif

but they gotta make is realistic which knowing BIS they well, not like in Full Spectrum Warrior were a AK47 bullet makes the guy fly 4 meters away. sad_o.gif

Personally I couldn't care less about ragdoll effects. They are the kind of thing you notice during the first 5 minutes of the game and the rest of the time they are irrelevant. I actually think the ragdoll stuff in HL2 looks _worse_ than the OFP death animation.

As many others have said, it's all about the gameplay. Having said that, prettier versions of the vehicles and scenery and an increased range of motion-captured animations would be great :-)

Guest Ti0n3r

If they add ragdoll, Im pretty sure it would be possible to turn if off biggrin_o.gif

Here is my bit.

I appologize to all for very straight forward way of expression.

It is like with girls, either for a quick fuck or for life. You gotta choice to make.

I hope FP2 is better than VBS in terms of the whole game - sim - effects etc.

If FP2 isnt people would just buy VBS1.

WHich make me think FP2 will be better than VBS.

BF2 is a load of arcade rubbish.

Simply no realism there.

It is like with girls, either for a quick fuck or for life. You gotta choice to make.

You speak the truth Gordy.

And some can destroy you and driain your cash reserves if you are not careful lol.

I think giving joe public the choice between paying around $50 for OFP2 or $140 for just VBS1's core module is a bit of a no-brainer. Some die-hard realism folk who actually know about it might opt for VBS1 (if it's a step back in realism over OFP, but I can't see BIS doing that personally) but the majority of people, new and old players alike will get OFP2. Simply because it'll be more widely distributed and accessable to the public. VBS1's not exactly heavilly publicised so few people will know it to buy it.

Around $50 for OFP2 or $140 for just VBS1's core module? You decide biggrin_o.gif

Around $50 for OFP2 or $140 for just VBS1's core module? You decide biggrin_o.gif

Yeah...and:

Around $50 for OFP2 = around 160 PLN (polish currency)

and $140 = 450 PLN for VBS1

So, I won`t buy it...

Here is what I think.

Do we really need some screens?

Some stupid artworks?

Ofp2 is not Ut 2004, the thing that we need is kind of AI behaviour trailer, because it`s hard to see ai in action on the pics....I was said, that ofp2 will be similar to VBS1 (graphic stuff), the olny thing I want better in ofp2 are the anims, nothing besides.

When It cames to the other "parts" of the game, AI, physics, as I said, you won`t see it on a pic.

So, we have to wait, because, even If we got some artwork, will we be pleased? I mean, even If the pic is *ss kicking beautifull, we can`t say ofp2 is great... We have to wait to see the real action (ai, physics and so on).