Sign in to follow this  
Baron Hurlothrumbo IIX

Is OFP2 Feature-Locked yet?

Just wondering if OFP2 has been feature locked - as in, the contents of the game have been finalised and although they are still being worked on, no new content will be added. I assume they have been at this stage of development, but I could be wrong.

I'm asking just because if it has there is little point in having more threads on new content in the OFP2 suggestions page.

Not looking for a release date or anything, 'when it's done' suits me fine.

Well, OFP1 were feature locked 1Ë year after the release, so I dont think so.... ´They will try to make the game as perfect as it can this time, after ofp1 beta release here in europe smile_o.gif

Sadly it killed much of the potential, even though it ended up great anyway - too many had just abandoned it.

i think he meant engine-wise; BIS can always patch minor things, but they won't be able to add significant features (like soldiers swimming, or more realistic physics) after the game is released.

also: baron, what is that quote in your signature from? the one that starts:

'Elated? Pleased?'

'Those are the closest words...'

i've been wondering for a while and never got around to asking

Can someone just clarifiy if we are talking about Armed assault 2 or operation flashpoint 2. I am under the impression that they are two very seperate games by different studios. This post is under the title armed assault 2 but replies are saying opf2, dont mean to be petty but im a little confused ?

Can someone just clarifiy if we are talking about Armed assault 2 or operation flashpoint 2. I am under the impression that they are two very seperate games by different studios. This post is under the title armed assault 2 but replies are saying opf2, dont mean to be petty but im a little confused ?

Back in 2005 this wasnt the case, BI and Codemasters ended their contract after that. (Well, probably tounge2.gif )

Do not dig three years old topics.