Sign in to follow this  
eric51

Units remplacement with no lag

I have a dream : A mod which replace units but with no blood, explosion, effects, etc scripts to avoid the lag.

Just bis units replaced by other beautiful (sorry for my english).

Thanks Pappy, Thunderbird and other for your mod but here is my lag/fps problem :

Xp2400

768 mo RAM

geforce 4 ti 4200

visibility 900 m

Mission "messenger" in the retalation campaign : I have :

- default units bis with inquisitor weapons mod : 30-40 Fps

- y2k3 : 15-25 fps

- thunderbird flashfxfur mod : 10-15

sad_o.gif I have no time and knowledge to edit my config.bin.

I hope someone will edit a original bis config bin and SIMPLY change the units without add effect, explosion...and so lag.

Is it possible ?

But thanks all for your mods.

thats exactley how both EECP, Y2K3 and FlashFxUR started... but they all went too far in using scripts and other effects.

why cant ppl just settle with something simple that works?

i do like all those 3 mods in their own special way, but they all ended up in using too much cpu (each one worse then the previous)

my dream is one team making new replacement addons for all bis stuff (not using addons from other teams) and without changing more effects then maybe explosions and adding tankdust.

this would both make all units have the same quality and still keep the CPU usage to a minimum.

and im also aware that this is a big amount of work, but really, all that is needed is for someone to remodel and retexture the bis stuff (not making new from the ground, the bis stuff isnt really THAT bad, just needs a little work in the hands of good modelers and texture artists)

Thunderbird, the config.bin 1.96 is now in your mailbox (ki******@hotmail.com)

Merciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]my dream is one team making new replacement addons for all bis stuff (not using addons from other teams) and without changing more effects then maybe explosions and adding tankdust.

this would both make all units have the same quality and still keep the CPU usage to a minimum.

and im also aware that this is a big amount of work, but really, all that is needed is for someone to remodel and retexture the bis stuff (not making new from the ground, the bis stuff isnt really THAT bad, just needs a little work in the hands of good modelers and texture artists)

It's my dream too , but it needs a lot and a lot of work...

Thunderbird, the config.bin 1.96 is now in your mailbox (ki******@hotmail.com)

Merciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii biggrin_o.gif

Great , it'll be ready in 15 minutes ,

top chrono tounge_o.gif

wow_o.gif Alors lŕ j'en reviens pas.............

You will make happy plenty of people

That should be in addons& mods discussion instead of this forum.

You can always use the MAP config replacement from my signature , just east&west soldiers weapons and sounds replaced by the one of the Marine Assault Pack without any additional scripts (so very light on ressource).

Then you can use it as a basis config to add yourself vehicles or change units you don't like, as there is an editable version in the download.

If you need a default config.cpp to work with you can use the commented configs made in 1 config.cpp from my signature (this one has no need to be converted in .bin format)

There is a un-binarized BIS config.cpp too in the same thread.

thunderbird, befor you start, use addons from as few teams as possible please.

my FlaschFxUR folder is getting quite full, and i dont need more of those folders ;) (getting close to 20 folders.... again...)

Ok , just tell me what do you want that I replace exactly and I'll do it , please make a small list wich regroup the replacements that do you wish smile_o.gif

someone made a no-effect replacement pack awhile pack. Do a search for it-it just contained basic replacement.

Maybe I'll add just 2 scripts , 2 no lagys scripts if you agree

-Life vest pilot

-Blood script

Lol, that's exactly how it starts biggrin_o.gif

Let's see if I'll only add this script ....

Two weeks later: Well I really feel it needs this one as well crazy_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

basically, same as FlashFxUR exept all scripts (i do however want the new AI script and BN880 tracers (i think the AI script is what causes most lag since i guess it contains A LOT of different scripts, maybe someone can twist and turn that script and make all of it controlled with just 1 script that isnt run 10 times/second for every unit)

maybe wou could replace the A10 too? for something of your choice (DSL maybe?)

smile_o.gif

sad_o.gif please thunderbird, no script.

Arf, eventually these beautiful tracers.

But no more biggrin_o.gif

Yes i agree, the same addons thant you flashfx remplacement without script.

Diesel is 20MB , it's very big for only one replacement

so I'll use InQ A10, I hope that the mirror always function