Sign in to follow this  
SEAL84

OFP on a Mac?

Is there a way to get OFP working on a Mac? I have a couple of friends who want to play but have Macs, so they're kind of screwed, I guess.

I asked a couple of people about emulators or something, but they said it would probably run like crap under that kind of setup.

Any ideas, or are they SOL?

No, OFP requires windows and afaik there is no mac emulator.

There are definitely programs which allow you to run Windows on a Mac, like Virtual PC, but the question is whether you could run a game this way...as I understand it, performance drops quite a bit when using an emulator.

It depends, do they have dual G5's, that will easily be able too run ofp, with vmware, virtual pc, etc. But if they have a 3 year old Imacs, cause it looked so swweeeeeet back then, then forget about it. wink_o.gif

Supposebly my freind has a program which transfers any game that couldnt be played on mac into a mac format. It works cause I've played against him b4 on a windows game and he only has a mac. smile_o.gif

I could find out what it is if anyone wants.... wink_o.gif

Afaik you need either VirtualPC which is expensive and does not give you the full gaming performance or stuff like Qemu/Darwine, which might not work with all and every application.

Supposebly my freind has a program which transfers any game that couldnt be played on mac into a mac format. It works cause I've played against him b4 on a windows game and he only has a mac. smile_o.gif

I could find out what it is if anyone wants.... wink_o.gif

Heh, if such a thing really exists, yeah...

Anyway one of them is trying the Virtual PC route...we'll see how that goes.

Install fedora Core on your mac, and try Winex. theoretycally it should run.

Well, we tried the Virtual PC route, but it says right on the box that it doesn't support directX graphics...any ideas other than the last one about fedore core and wineX?

If possible I'd like to hear from somebody who has definitely done it, and how they did it.

Install fedora Core on your mac, and try Winex. theoretycally it should run.

As LaKing said, I think this is your best hope Seal. A friend of mine was able to get Brothers in Arms operating on his mac this way, without substantial loss of performance. The only downside being he cannot play MP, I'm guesssing this is the way that Mac's handle ICP connections and ports?

Is there a way to get OFP working on a Mac? I have a couple of friends who want to play but have Macs, so they're kind of screwed, I guess.

I asked a couple of people about emulators or something, but they said it would probably run like crap under that kind of setup.

Any ideas, or are they SOL?

They use mac's? Simple solution, don't. You've reminded me of a video, I looked around and found it. It sums not to use mac's, and a couple useful things to do with them. Hope it helps:

http://www.thehoucks.com/happynowhere/Apple_Switch_Parody_DivX.avi

biggrin_o.gif

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Thats exactly what Mac does to a man...

I had the 'priviledge' of being in a school where all computers were Macs and when I got out of there I swore on the graves of all dead people that I would never ever go even in a building that has a Mac in it...