Sign in to follow this  
walker

Climate Change

Planets and stars going to die after a time just like humans maybe after billions of years but it dies!

Our planet dieing faster because we screwing it up by all kinds of pollution, and nuclear tests that causes a tsunami! tounge_o.gif

After 100 years from now everyone is going to wear a gas mask! rock.gif

What ticks me off (aside from US not signing treaty) is the overall "Oh well, i will be dead by then" attitude of people interviewed on TV. I guess they dont plan on having any kids or being grandparents, one guy even said "I switched from hairspray to gel, what more do you want me to do about it?" it's very sad how many people cannot see past their own front yard.

Heat doesnt bother me (thats what my AC is for) but the cold i can't stand. I hate having to wear all those freaking layers of clothes which make you more uncomfortable than the cold does  crazy_o.gif

Heat doesnt bother me (thats what my AC is for) but the cold i can't stand. I hate having to wear all those freaking layers of clothes which make you more uncomfortable than the cold does crazy_o.gif

Global warming could very well mean very cold times for europe and the east coast of the US.... and other places maybe too. I mean the point is we will screw up the climate. It's not that we will have the same climate everywhere but hotter. Some places will get very cold, others will get very hot and dry. and in even other places you maybe just get very hot summers and very cold winters. and maybe some places even stay as they are... It's not really predictable what could happen everywhere... but one thing is sure. we won't like it when things change too much.

LAst summer was very cold in Poland. Ice age coming?

About 8 years ago Winter lasted from the end of September till early April non stop. How about that?

Summers are getting hotter and shorter with no spring and very early fall.?

Let's wait and we'll hear it all because of USA. Blame Bush for it. pi_lightbulb.gif

Quote[/b] ]Let's wait and we'll hear it all because of USA. Blame Bush for it

We can certainly blame Bush for pulling out of the treaty and not joining the world to try to reduce global warming. And assuming you are from the US, I know you have seen the ridiculously large SUV's, Suburban's, and trucks.

Why exactly are vehicles that large and that guzzle that much gas needed? Does a yuppie really need a 10/mpg Hummer?

@Gordy

Personal experience is useless for "observing" climate change. Because ou need to differ between global effects and regional effects. The only thing you can rely on is the data collected around the world. The data doesn't lie and the data compared to the past shows that the global temperature level has risen more quickly than it should and it doesn't seem to stop. Now no matter if that is natural or not. Don't you agree that this will change our world and our living conditions?

Yes we can blame Bush as well, he also eased pollution restrictions on major polluters. Certainly we can blame him or the US as you want to put it. However another major concern is China. Growing industry and automotive use...

Gordy, it is not a bunch of idiots doing hte studies, they know that a single instance of hot/cold weather is not relevant if it is out of scope.

Remember the scientists have much less to gain by doing the studies than corporations have by ignoring them.

Quote[/b] ]Let's wait and we'll hear it all because of USA. Blame Bush for it

We can certainly blame Bush for pulling out of the treaty and not joining the world to try to reduce global warming. And assuming you are from the US, I know you have seen the ridiculously large SUV's, Suburban's, and trucks.

Why exactly are vehicles that large and that guzzle that much gas needed? Does a yuppie really need a 10/mpg Hummer?

All we need is the person to tell me what a ride to buy. Why you ask? Because they like it big. If I were to buy a car, I'd buy a big, fast and unique car.

I would buy EVO VIII which under heavy duty uses up to 80 L/100 km.  smile_o.gif And It would make me feel better. A lot better.

I am a bad person becaus e I like big fast cars, eat meat, use air c., fly planes, etc.

They talk about it on TV. What a crap.

PS.

You talk about a fantasy from Star Trek.

All we need is the person to tell me what a ride to buy. Why you ask? Because they like it big. If I were to buy a car, I'd buy a big, fast and unique car.

Thats not entirely true, i am an American and i have no desire to own anything bigger than a Jeep Wrangler. While there are people that buy stuff just to keep up with the Jones' there are many more that don't.

From IPCC's Climate Change 2001: Working Group I: The Scientific Basis 2. Observed Climate Variability and Change

2.3 Is the Recent Warming Unusual?

Quote[/b] ]

[...]

2.3.5 Summary

Since the SAR there have been considerable advances in our knowledge of temperature change over the last millennium. It is likely that temperatures were relatively warm in the Northern Hemisphere as a whole during the earlier centuries of the millennium, but it is much less likely that a globally-synchronous, well defined interval of “Medieval warmth†existed, comparable to the near global warmth of the late 20th century. Marked warmth seems to have been confined to Europe and regions neighbouring the North Atlantic. Relatively colder hemispheric or global-scale conditions did appear to set in after about AD 1400 and persist through the 19th century, but peak coldness is observed during substantially different epochs in different regions. By contrast, the warming of the 20th century has had a much more convincing global signature (see Figure 2.9). This is consistent with the palaeoclimate evidence that the rate and magnitude of global or hemispheric surface 20th century warming is likely to have been the largest of the millennium, with the 1990s and 1998 likely to have been the warmest decade and year, respectively, in the Northern Hemisphere. Independent estimates of hemispheric and global ground temperature trends over the past five centuries from sub-surface information contained in borehole data confirm the conclusion that late 20th century warmth is anomalous in a long-term context. Decreasing temporal resolution back in time of these estimates and potential complications in inferring surface air temperature trends from sub-surface ground temperature measurements precludes, however, a meaningful direct comparison of the borehole estimates with high-resolution temperature estimates based on other proxy climate data. Because less data are available, less is known about annual averages prior to 1,000 years before the present and for conditions prevailing in most of the Southern Hemisphere prior to 1861.

EDIT:

another interesting graphic: Indicators of the human influence on the atmosphere

Thats not entirely true, i am an American and i have no desire to own anything bigger than a Jeep Wrangler. While there are people that buy stuff just to keep up with the Jones' there are many more that don't.

I am not an American and wouldn't want US car cause they suck (cars not Americans). Everyone knows they can't build a proper car.

They build 7L engine with 250 BHP. crazy_o.gif . Europeans can make 1,6L with 300 BHP

Quote[/b] ]All we need is the person to tell me what a ride to buy. Why you ask? Because they like it big. If I were to buy a car, I'd buy a big, fast and unique car.

I would buy EVO VIII which under heavy duty uses up to 80 L/100 km. smile_o.gif And It would make me feel better. A lot better.

Well your need for self-gratification and self-worth, and inability to look past your own nose is contributing to enviromental decline of the planet.

And I just find that pathetic.

Quote[/b] ]You talk about a fantasy from Star Trek.

Yes it is fantasy, because people like you can't give up their toys or their feeling of "I deserve this" in order to help the world in general. It's crap because you choose not to believe it, and not from any scientific principle or data (certianly nothing that you have cared to share here). Because in believing it you have to admit your own role in the decline, and your own role in what you have to give up to help . And that is just something you are incapable of dealing with., since after all, you WANT that fast car.

Yes it is fantasy to expect a little more from other humans.

A quick observation

Before 15 years ago it snowed -every- winter in my town in the south of France, and some years, a very lot.

since those 15 years, i never ever saw any snow anymore , in my area.

It would be laughable if it was not that saw to accuse some countries not signing in Kyoto, when everyone on their personnal level are contributing by their everyday behaviour to this global warming.

I guess it is always better to point the finger to other instead of looking at what you do personnally.

Quote[/b] ]All we need is the person to tell me what a ride to buy. Why you ask? Because they like it big. If I were to buy a car, I'd buy a big, fast and unique car.

I would buy EVO VIII which under heavy duty uses up to 80 L/100 km. smile_o.gif And It would make me feel better. A lot better.

Well your need for self-gratification and self-worth, and inability to look past your own nose is contributing to enviromental decline of the planet.

And I just find that pathetic.

Quote[/b] ]You talk about a fantasy from Star Trek.

Yes it is fantasy, because people like you can't give up their toys or their feeling of "I deserve this" in order to help the world in general. It's crap because you choose not to believe it, and not from any scientific principle or data (certianly nothing that you have cared to share here). Because in believing it you have to admit your own role in the decline, and your own role in what you have to give up to help . And that is just something you are incapable of dealing with., since after all, you WANT that fast car.

Yes it is fantasy to expect a little more from other humans.

anim_sleep.gif

Akira, how old are you? 31, an American from texas right?

Come to Poland for some reality check.

Gordy:

gw1.jpg

gw2.jpg

gw3.jpg

gw4.jpg

gw5.jpg

(source BBC)

It think this is a thing that future generations will have great difficulty understanding. They'll wonder what the fuck we were thinking - we were obviously aware of the problem, but still just completely ignored it.

I would buy EVO VIII which under heavy duty uses up to 80 L/100 km.  smile_o.gif And It would make me feel better. A lot better.

I am a bad person becaus e I like big fast cars, eat meat, use air c., fly planes, etc.

Well, the good thing is that it doesn't matter. While I'm absolutely for individual freedom, it comes with the condition that it's not hurting other people.

So your little car fantasy will either be outlawed or as it is already, taxed to hell, making sure that the number of people using them is small enough not to hurt the planet.

Gordy, take it from a racing enthusiast like me and just buy this:

www.gtr-game.com

You will _never_ experience this kind of HP to weigth ratio on the roads anyway.

I try to keep my killing and racing in the simulated world these days, not sure about you ;) tounge_o.gif

Let me rephrase:

Polititians f... you straight in the a... and all you worry about is a weather change. Everyone is thinking about themselves. Take you pink glasses off and you will see.

You should set up an environmental awarness group and spread your idea. Good lack. They will shake your hand tell you you're right but when you turn around anim_buttkick.gif

"Hell is paved with great intentions.."

A little quiz:

name all the countries in the world which in great majority in terms of society recycles garbage.

I don't mean disrespect to y'all but you are living in the dreamworld.

Thanks bn880 for taking it so lightly. Others DO take it so seriously. rock.gif It is a discussion, right.

A little quiz:

name all the countries in the world which in great majority in terms of society recycles garbage.

I'd say the original EU 15. The new 10 still are lax about it. Most certainly the Scandinavian countries, Canada. Possibly the US. Singapore for sure, Japan. etc

What does that have to do with anything?

A little quiz:

I'd say the original EU 15. The new 10 still are lax about it. Most certainly the Scandinavian countries, Canada. Possibly the US. Singapore for sure, Japan. etc

What does that have to do with anything?

Everything.

That's pretty vague. (Eu 15, US, etc....)

Not to detract from your point, but you'd be upset to know how little is actually recycled in Canada.

For several years people were sorting stuff in their garbage and putting it in the right bins, and it was still dumped silently... tounge_o.gif

And what reality check on a global level could you possibly give me in Poland to prove there is no global warming?

Quote[/b] ]Everything.

That's pretty vague. (Eu 15, US, etc....)

Vague? He named countries. Like you asked. How is that vague??? crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Let me rephrase:

Polititians f... you straight in the a... and all you worry about is a weather change. Everyone is thinking about themselves. Take you pink glasses off and you will see.

Yeah. And what do you think large corporations, the ones that are polluting, are doing eh?

Maybe it's not because of us, and it's some sorta natural thing that happens on Earth, but it still can't be good to have these things in the air anyways....

And what reality check on a global level could you possibly give me in Poland to prove there is no global warming?

I'd like to know as well. smile_o.gif