Sign in to follow this  
Footmunch

Updated Eagle

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif Footmuch thaaaaaaaanx joehoeeee yes yes yes, now we finally got a super F-15 in OFP. Footmuch my man smile_o.gif

WOW you did everything I asked you:D you own It's custom made:P lol. No but serious, great job. The canopy looks very good. you have put in an ejection seat and you're the first one to put an ejection seat in dual seat plane.:) The HUD looks very good, allthough it's missing in the E version but I think you will add that later on. you made spinning wheels. biggrin_o.gif In one word GREAT!! And I've I were you I would make the HUD also visible on the outside of the plane just a little screen. that would be nice smile_o.gif TNX Footmuch you rule

very nice planes footmunch!

i´ve tested them and found only one small bug...

it seems that the player/ ai fly with wheels down if you start in the air.

big thx for your hard work  wink_o.gif

Game engine problem, I'm afraid, so there's no way to fix it.

The gear should go up automatically after a few tenths of a second.

oh ok, but the funny thing is, it´s only with the F-15E in my case  tounge_o.gif

oh ok, but the funny thing is, it´s only with the F-15E in my case tounge_o.gif

Does the 15C act differently?

I'll check the scripting, but I thought they were the same. Most

probably it's a dumb error on my part smile_o.gif

ole ole, great work footmunch, as usual of course.

gonna play around with these pretty ones now smile_o.gif

Pretty damn cool i think, looks great, and fly's nice too i think. Nice its VBS ready too (although yet to try it out in that but i'm gonna guess it works exactly the same). Mirror here if you want it. Love the cockpit in particular, nice detail.

oh ok, but the funny thing is, it´s only with the F-15E in my case  tounge_o.gif

Does the 15C act differently?

I'll check the scripting, but I thought they were the same. Most

probably it's a dumb error on my part  smile_o.gif

yes the F15C works perfect!

hmm, so Footmunch did overcome an engine limitation without noticing it?

no why?

Hey Hardrock how are you doing on youre eurofghter, damn that thing looks nice. biggrin_o.gif Ithink almost every fighterplane is available now in OFP. Some of them suck I have to say, but they are available tounge_o.gif Can somebody make a nice f-35 JSF:D

And I think: That every plane made for OFP should have a dualseat version. except for the planes that dont have a dual version in reallife wink_o.gif sorry its a bit offtopic but I had to say this

It's highly unlikely there will be many two seater versions for the F/A-35 JSF.  That is because they designed the thing for 1 pilot, not 2.  The flight systems are made so that you don't need a WSO or RIO.  Another pilot adds to the weight, screws with the manuverability a very small amount, and well do you really want a "backseat driver"?  I thought not...  tounge_o.gif

I could see it being done for a recon or jamming version of the JSF, but that's about it.

Are you going to be adding any of the small extra graphics details missing now on your next release after this one footmunch?  Just curious.

Later,

Havoc.

Are you going to be adding any of the small extra graphics details missing now on your next release after this one footmunch? Just curious.

Like what?

Never mind, speaking too soon.  I'll wait until its release before thou shalt open mouth about criticisms.

I guess the limited screenshots of the F-15E and the screenshot near the canopy made me jump to conclusions on certain detail "things".

Anyways, can't wait for its release.

BTW footmunch, my OFP aircraft web site is getting updated, slowly but its getting worked on.

on the F-15E:

1: I get the message wheel.paa not found if i raise gear.

2: where does the cannon fire come from?

3: if i look from a certain point at the plane and fire i get this:

unbenannt21vw.jpg

maybe that helps you

It's highly unlikely there will be many two seater versions for the F/A-35 JSF.  That is because they designed the thing for 1 pilot, not 2.  The flight systems are made so that you don't need a WSO or RIO.  Another pilot adds to the weight, screws with the manuverability a very small amount, and well do you really want a "backseat driver"?  I thought not...  tounge_o.gif

I could see it being done for a recon or jamming version of the JSF, but that's about it.

Are you going to be adding any of the small extra graphics details missing now on your next release after this one footmunch?  Just curious.

Later,

Havoc.

I wasnt talking specific about the F/a 35 mate. I was talking about all the planes made for OFP there should be more 2 seater versions.

That's where the cannon fires from, on an F-15. I think most American fighters have the gun mounted on the left hand side, but it doesn't really matter. The gun get's mounted, somewhere, everytime. Whether or not it's needed for anything other than attacking soft targets, and light-armored vehicles, the US military is a firm believer in aircraft cannons.

Some F/A-35 varients will get a podded gun, but the US versions will have a cannon.

the US military is a firm believer in aircraft cannons.

No wonder after learning their lessons in vietnam!

the US military is a firm believer in aircraft cannons.

No wonder after learning their lessons in vietnam!

Agreed, but the ACM (dogfighting) doctrines emphasizes the use of BVR missiles, followed by short-range AAMs as a last resort. The cannon really does not come into play against aircraft. Once the pilot has expended his AAMs, he's already declared expending all relevant munitions, and is supposed to be winging his way home.

In the Kosovo, and Iraq conflicts, almost all kills were made BVR, with AMRAAMs, IIRC. I don't remember a cannon being used against another fighter since Viet Nam.

That said, the fighter cannon has been used to attack ground targets in every conflict since the use of combat aicraft in WWI.

I have heard it theorized that the cannon provides a psychological benefit to pilots when they've expended all their missiles, which is vital for morale, but comes at a real cost with the weight and space cannons require.

It probably makes more sense to add Stingers, or Starstreak ATAS ( light weight, compact, multi-shot, easily integrated, and effective ) as an ACM last resort weapon, in addition to podded or internal cannons for ground targets.

Tomi - Curses. The wheel.paa file error is a 'left-over' from the

F-15C. It'll be fixed in the next version (you can stop the

error message for now by getting the 15C pbo).

Cannon is mounted in the right wing root, as in the real Eagle.

I'll add some texture/model detail to better represent it.

The F-4 in Vietnam _needed_ a cannon for a couple of

reasons: the rules of engagement stated that US pilots could

only open fire after _visual confirmation_ that the planes were

North Vietnamese (rather than, say, Chinese). So, BVR fights

were impossible. Also, the early AIM-9, AIM-4 and AIM-7 were

fairly unreliable.

The UK version of the Typhoon _doesn't_ have a cannon,

although that decision has caused some 'debate'

IIRC: The Israeli Air Force was the last to get a confirmed

guns-only kill, in the 80's with a Falcon