Sign in to follow this  
Shinkansen

ww2 pacific

As FW says you could also put this in your smoke.sqs script under the definations

Quote[/b] ]_plane = _this select 0

?(not alive _plane): goto "Exit"

?(speed _plane >100 && isengineon _plane): [_plane] exec "\mid_ki043\scripts\Gearup.sqs"

?(speed _plane <100): [_plane] exec "\mid_ki043\scripts\Geardn.sqs"

#Exit

exit

It should do the same job!

Can you upload that P3d file philcommando? (if its all right with you Shinkansen?)

Heres some pics of the flaps/Aileron

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/trenchfeet/ScreenShots/Image1.jpg

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/trenchfeet/ScreenShots/Image2.jpg

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/trenchfeet/ScreenShots/Image3.jpg

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/trenchfeet/ScreenShots/Image4.jpg

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/trenchfeet/ScreenShots/Image5.jpg

lol!...trenchfeet, i am no better myself...but i think Shinkansen is looking into it and i am sure an improved upgrade is on the way. It is a promising addon, nice textures and at least something to keep the american planes busy. wink_o.gif

1) You want to keep the poly count etc down, but why do you have double sided faces in your model then, if you should remove these it will help with the lighting on the model and also on the poly count. wink_o.gif

2) Better textures using the same resolutions as you use now are perfectly possible, if you want some assistance, don't hesitate to ask. You could also modify the current textures to make them better by using some small post processing.

3) The AI has it's gear down, I looked in your cpp and I suggest you add a checkgear script which you run using the init eventhandler:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_plane = _this select 0

?(not alive _plane): goto "Exit"

?(speed _plane >100 && isengineon _plane): [_plane] exec "\mid_ki043\scripts\Gearup.sqs"

?(speed _plane <100): [_plane] exec "\mid_ki043\scripts\Geardn.sqs"

#Exit

exit

Hi, I am very interested in increasing the quality of the texture. If it is possible to keep it under 1MB in hole this would be nice.

Landing gear will be fixed in the next update.

To be honest, after trying it out...i was disappointed with its performance sad_o.gif ....been waiting for a jap plane for so long.

1. Flying:- the plane loses power/speed too fast while climbing or turning, as a result, i cant dogfight after only 1 encounter with p51 mustangs, either to crash or land with the faulty landing gears.

Even while not fighting, starting at 350km/hr ingame, just climbing the hills of malden and then do a 180 turn, i am back to 100km/hr and stalling soon.

What i did and i sincerly apologise to u for i dont do it always, i altered your config and model.

Model:-

1. Contrary to some beliefs, i placed the flaps in the geolod too just to make sure.

2. I copy and pasted all the flaps into geolod, reconfigured the mass and let it centre on the pilot area.

3. I set the mass at 1100 instead of 1900 that was the original plane. ( i would suspect the loss of power due to this issue cos the bisplane is only 1100 mass. Furthermore as i applied only 1100 to the first plane and not to the rest of your planes, only this first one performed well despite the new config, on a rating of 75% mass issue vs 25%config alteration. Perhaps mass has something to do with the speed u set? - the more mass, the higher you must set the plane's speed?)

Edit:- to further test the mass results, i reduced it to 600 and it flew like a dream.

Config:-

1. I inherit the a10's class:- class japfighter: A10

reason being for some hard coded engine cfg, the a10 seems a better plane than to just inherit directly from plane.

2. I added line:-

simulation = plane;

brake distance = 100;

steerAheadsimul = 1; //some say this is not necessary

steerAheadplan = 1; // ''

save and ingame:- voila!!! it manoveres better! less loss of power in turns and can chase the hell outta any american plane tounge_o.gif

Other than some other script issues with the gear, i think your plane is great! Thanks for the addon. smile_o.gif

Hi,

if the mustang is the aia_p51me addon, than this is strange, because when i tested this against the Hayabusa the mustang is flying like a brick. Staying out of dogfight long enough will result in a sure crash of the mustang because of its poor flying performance. And by the way the hayabusa is an early warplane and should be no match for the Mustang.

You must fly within the limitations and having an eye on the actual speed. dropping below 100 km/h will force a stall. Hard turns bring every airplane down if you want.

A10 class is the same as plane class, only cessna class overwrite some of the values, flaps in the geo-lod should wreck the geo lod, because the flaps are too thin to work as a geo object

About the mass, to say it again its an early war plane. Its not the aim to outclass a mustang.

As Trenchfeet had lined out above the lkd and ls flaps had been mismatched. I will fix this in the next update.

I haven't tried it yet,but thanx for bringing us this plane.Wanted a Ki-43 for longtime.

Anything else you also working on?

Okay,

the two biggest bugs in this addon:

1.) Klapka settings in all LODs are wrong and the klapky settings in the geo doesn't correspont to the other LODs. This is fixed now.

2.) Mass was too low. Increasing the mass to dopple historical max load brings a much better acceleration.

Now the flying performance should be much better and with all the other things mentioned earlier I can go vor an update. Should be released in a few days.

I haven't tried it yet,but thanx for bringing us this plane.Wanted a Ki-43 for longtime.

Anything else you also working on?

Hi,

there are some more airplanes in the pipeline now...

Devastator (Lods ready, texture ready, no cockpit)

Vindicator (Lods ready, texture ready, no cockpit)

Dauntless (Lods ready, texture ready, no cockpit)

Nell (Lods ready, no texture, no cockpit)

Betty (Lods ready, no texture, no cockpit)

D3A (Lods ready, no texture, no cockpit)

A5M (Lods ready, no texture, no cockpit)

B5N (Lods ready, no texture, no cockpit)

P40 (Lods ready, texture ready, no cockpit)

Gloster Gladiator (Lods ready, texture ready, no cockpit)

Phil..I see you looking for a Zero in another topic got locked.

Pacific Front mod had one ingame over two years ago,it never made it to the public.

I have that one started that I threw a texture on it and released it with Pacific Demo a while ago.Its available singly.

I have a new one in progress,hoping someone beats me with a finished one.Are you looking for one to finish,lol ?

I am still working on it here and there

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/bratty/zero.html

nope, bratty....i was kinda trying to get into the ww2 groove, had so much fun flying your corsairs, trenchfeet's planes and this jap plane...was looking for the zero's to enhance the experience. Damn!..it was so real...

Looking forward to yer release, bratty..u folks make great planes!

Whoever said u cant recreate ww2 experience in ofp has just gotta be nuts.

Well it would get better if we could get our darn site up  sad_o.gif

don't know what to go is with gamespy and its anoying cause we were getting down to the business end  wow_o.gif

IF you need help on the 0's bratty just email me or FW200

oh and that old p51 is a down right discrase to North American Aviation compared with the new version wink_o.gif

Hiya and thanx Trenchfeet.

Ofp.cz has offered to host WWIIEC before...maybe something can happen there?

Shinkansen...I forgot to mention...WOW thats quite the list!

All destined for Pac 45 mod?

Trenchfeet, u are modest. The p51 is great, - it flies well and land well, only the speed is a bit slow, but if that's the speed of the actual craft, cant blame yer. Gimme the spitfire or corsair anytime as i roar thru the treetops of malden! tounge_o.gif

I've flown rotary wings before and ofp does give an almost real semblance to flying. Its really easier to fly a rotory winged plane than to drive a car. Just dont be intimidated by the instrument panel. Instrument panel are only what they are - indicators to tell u what the state of yer plane is. A real pilot espacially military types depends largely on intuitive flying during ww2 - be one with the plane. Dependence on instruments are only for night flight and jets and go by the books type( these fellas make lousy pilots). Thats why the instrument panel is not really critical in ofp and makes u do what u are suppose to do - fly and fight or escape and evade!

The mitsubishi zero was critically acclaimed as the best plane in the world during the early 40s - light and highly manoverable, even better than the heavy ME109. The world stood in awe of this plane and waited for crashed versions to reverse engineer the craft to improve their own planes. Combined with fanatical pilots, they brought fear whenever its distinctive profile appeared. Looking forward to yer zero, bratty (tks for the beta..its great!), and planes from Shinkansen All the best! smile_o.gif

horse479qt.jpg

oh ive been told to point out an error the airspeed dial is incorrect the IJA use the KPH where as the the IJN use knots smile_o.gif

@ phil: is this your carrier, i only want to ask, not quite sure if i have seen it already

yup...midway carrier..mine. bratty and some other folks are making ww2 era carrier. WW2 Pacific..here we come! wow_o.gif

I just wonder what the Zeros do in that picture. We need a bunch of Kates, so we can turn that carrier into a coral reef  tounge_o.gif

While the Zero (A6M2) achieved some impressive victories early in war it still had some serious flaws.

Prob. the main reason for its early victories was the fact that the allied pilots did fight it in the wrong way, going into dogfights. The Zero is very manoeverable especially in close left (or was it right...) turns and could outturn pretty much any allied fighter in the theater.

After the Allies captured an operational Zero in the Aleutians (Attu Is.) in June '42 and a torough evaluation of its performance they gave detailed orders when, at which altitudes and how to fight a Zero (the detailled documents can be found on the web). After that, most of the grace was gone and other design flaws were uncovered, e.g. vulnerable (read non self-sealing) fuel tanks, weak/no armor, fairly weak armament.

Superior in range, it could support bombers on offensive missions deep in enemy territory/far away islands, however above mentioned drawbacks made it difficult to fight the allied heavies (Bxx, Wellington, ...). So, once the japanese lost the offensive momentum (Coral Sea, Midway, Guadalcanal) the advantages of the Zero were pretty much gone.

The introduction of new fighters on the allied side (Spitfire, Corsair, Lightning) didn't help either  tounge_o.gif

Edit: Bah, knew that I should check some of my 'facts'...

oh ive been told to point out an error the airspeed dial is incorrect the IJA use the KPH where as the the IJN use knots  smile_o.gif

Didn't know that crazy_o.gif

BTW do you mean that the Navy Aircraft used knots or MPH ?

and not the Navy Ships?

all navy aircraft use knots i believe, but i need to check but that what i think it is