Sign in to follow this  
Goeth

FDF Winter Maldevic

Hate to be the first to post anything other than a glowing response........

But it just looks a bit odd for there to be snow all over the ground, but none on the other flat surfaces, like the house rooves.

Only a small detail and one that I imagine doesnt detract from what looks like a great island wink_o.gif

Maldevic is a cold place, and its inhabitants are widely known for their keenness on warmth in their cozy homes. They heat inside and warmth goes up, so right underneath the roof is one of the best heated places in the house. Due to heat transport the roofs are heated as well, causing the snow to melt.

wink_o.gif

I just love winter islands. I love snow. This is probably caused by the lack of snow in my country sad_o.giftounge_o.gif

Grass is always greener on the other side, at least you dont have to shovel it around or get to places in 30cm snow cover. sad_o.gif

I just love winter islands. I love snow. This is probably caused by the lack of snow in my country sad_o.giftounge_o.gif

Grass is always greener on the other side, at least you dont have to shovel it around or get to places in 30cm snow cover. sad_o.gif

hehe that sure blows biggrin_o.gif snow has it's pros and cons. it looks beautiful but it really blocks your way :P

How about about adding snow piles on the side of the roads? Just a large model with snow textures? That will make it look like the snow was shoved out of the road. wink_o.gif

Might make driving hard though.

Quote[/b] ]How about about adding snow piles on the side of the roads? Just a large model with snow textures? That will make it look like the snow was shoved out of the road.  

That would be cool but possibly quite a performance killer I'd imagine.

By the way. What's the texture resolution for the island? 512 at most? Hopefully?

Some of those screens remind me of winter out here in rural alberta in some places.

How about about adding snow piles on the side of the roads? Just a large model with snow textures? That will make it look like the snow was shoved out of the road. wink_o.gif

would look nice but think about the fact that when you crash in to a snowpile you crash right through it or at least deep into it. the snowpiles would be hard as a rock biggrin_o.gif

Some of those screens remind me of winter out here in rural alberta in some places.

heh those screens look like photos smile_o.gif

Fantastic island - I really can't fault this one. And the FDF Mod arctic units are superb. Love it.

biggrin_o.gif

Ade