Sign in to follow this  
void_false

New flies addon

Lookin' very nice, but a thousand of those will lag a "bit."

Though it would be cool in a cutscene (and why not in a mission too) to see flies buzzing around corpses after the battle.

In our Iraqi teaser pack when you kill and Iraqi soldier we have random flies buzzing around the bodies

biggrin_o.gif

Great fly! After animals. I hop that those 'bugs' don't lag OFP when they flight in mass. They'll give great ambiance on battlefileds.

bbbbzzzzzz *szouf* zzzzzzzzz *szouf* zzzzzzz *SPLASH!*

Fly is history!

tounge_o.gif

I totaly get voids point , if any of you played Vietcong , they had a frog and parrots etc  , just eye candy but it adds to the shooting and killing .

I do think however that 64 polys for a flys eye is a bit much .

as has been pointed out , a simple model made of 1 or 2 planes would be enough...unless yer going to ship an anti insect sniper rifle w/ultra zoom scope  smile_o.gif

some other insects could be made in the same fashion , scurrying beetles and grasshopers etc , no idea how to implement any of this but if you want any textured models making just PM  smile_o.gif (talking to void here btw wink_o.gif )

Quote[/b] ]In our Iraqi teaser pack when you kill and Iraqi soldier we have random flies buzzing around the bodies

Is that ever coming out? wink_o.gif

THX for offering help. I'm thinking about making two models: one will be body with wings and second will be high detailed little bastard (like on screenshots above).

taht's looking fun , but i wonder how big will it be in game , any screen ig ? xmas_o.gif

taht's looking fun , but i wonder how big will it be in game , any screen ig ? xmas_o.gif

Not in game but...

flyonnose.jpg

wow looks like a big fly.. gheh

Nice idea, but the model is big ;)

I feed my flies only with perfect $hit.

So they grow big, happy and cheerful.

biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

Elite Fly Fighter. ghostface.gif

flyfighter.jpg

I feed my flies only with perfect $hit.

So they grow big, happy and cheerful.

can I have some of that perfect $hit for my plants? biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

@ Feb. 07 2005,17:05)]You are crazy, right ? biggrin_o.gif

Dont you find it a bit insulting, do you? rock.gif

biggrin_o.gif

excuse me but it dosen't look that much like a fly

fly.jpg

blwfly.jpg

oh this is disgusting(the pictures)

I know the model should not be to detailed but the basic shape should be easy.

Well I like the idear of anoing insects in OFP

You should make mosquito afterwards, imagine you a sniper laying in a bush a "hot" summer day with a swarm of mosquitoes flying around you making that "joyfull" sound bzzzzzzzzzzzzz that would realy make you go nuts and be very cool. smile_o.gif

STGN

Who here has played Quake II??? In Quake II they had 2d flies buzzing around bodies, and it looked just fine, little or no performance hit from that! SCRAP THE MODEL! Just make the fly a black dot flying around!

void_false: the drop command idea seems good , but instead of using that model ( not very realistic, i must say) you could use just two planes and an alpha channel texture for better and less laggy result wink_o.gif

OMFGROFLMFAO this looks proper funny..

Instead of the attack of birds attack of the Killer Flies called The Plague tounge_o.gif

Keep going on this model modding ofp makes it realler and realler even flies play their part, i also wanted to suggest wasps to sting the player and there is half a chance the player will lose 1 unit of health.

release the flies pack smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]In our Iraqi teaser pack when you kill and Iraqi soldier we have random flies buzzing around the bodies

Is that ever coming out? wink_o.gif

the pack is in internal beta testing stage now and close to release,

a screen of the flies-effect was already shown last year on our homepage.

pic

to anticipate the question "there should be some more flies...!" - the number of flies depends on how long the units is dead.

causes no significant lag.

You could probably achieve the same effect by just making a textured particle. rock.gif

But I am still curious as to how this turns out.