Sign in to follow this  
Rambi

I`m back

Hi there after about 2 years I finally blew the dust off my OFP box. Been in the army for a year and my pc crashed ofp to desktop every 30 secs so I gave up!

U guys maby think what an unusefull information but I just wanna say hello to all the guys that dont know me.

Some may remember me from OFP-Hq (thats around 5 years ago biggrin_o.gif )

I see much changed around here. I need to do some research about the addons etc. (If u would like to help just PM me).

But I have some questions wow_o.gif

when I see the Addon/mission topic`s i`m getting crazy and frustrated like hell because I dont know what to pick out tips will be welcome!

I know there are topics already about it but I found so many about it that my face looks 50 years older after reading all of them

And how can I get my Red Hammer back? crazy_o.gif

Because I payed for it and downloaded it (From codemasters) but had a PC crash and now a new pc. I think I`ll just have to buy a new copy?

thanks in advance.

And im glad im back!

ps if anyone would take me out for some great multiplayer fun just pm me!

Welcome back!

If you don't have a backup of the Red Hammer files, you'll have to uninstall OFP and either buy the OFP GOTY edition, which includes Red Hammer or by the older Gold Edition, which includes Red Hammer, as well as OFP Resistance.

My favorite is the Y2K3 mod! You can even mess around in the config and change unit models vehicle's ect ect.Try it it's brill!!

I could use this thread, and also say hello. I have been inactive on these forums for about two years, and I haven't played OFP for about the same time. A week or two ago I bought a secondary computer (dirt cheap, 30 euros for a P3 wow_o.gif), installed Windows on it and now I'm addicted to OFP again.. biggrin_o.gif Actually, my original OFP CWC disc was worn out or something and didn't work, so I purchased the GOTY 3 cd set (secondhand).

Although I'm not sure how much time I have for hanging at the forums, I'll surely post every once in a while, and try to catch up with all the add-ons and cool stuff that has come to OFP during my 'hibernation'. As a Finn, Finnish defence forces mod is probably the first thing to get. smile_o.gif

Thank you for your reply`s

Can some 1 tell me about the co-op nights? So I can join?

pls pm or reply to this because I wanna have soem fun biggrin_o.gif

I guess i'll also be a dork and signal my return to the OFP way of life... I was into it back in the days of the demo, and when CWC came out... and i played a lot of single player and multiplayer when resistance came out on my friends systems.

Just yesterday i tracked down a copy of OFP : GOTY on Ebay, supposedly brand new from some place in Georgia USA. Hard to find it in Canada at all, in fact i've spent 2 months just tryng to find a local copy...

Anyway, hopefully i'll be joining in on these games again very very soon.

I was, once upon a time, a deadly chopper pilot, not to be trifled with by any means biggrin_o.gif ... hopefully i'll regain my aeronautical splendor from days of olde!

And Rambi, i'm in total agreement with you over the sheer bulk of addons, mission/weapon/vehicle packs, campaigns, conversion kits and whatnot that are now available. It's totally mind boggling that there is so much out there.

There have to be a few "Staple" packages that a poor bugger like me can download and self-extract... some definative compilations that will enable us to join a lot of the servers?

Because i highly doubt anyone is still running a bare-bones OFP: R server anymore right? I doubt i'll be able to install the game, update it to the latest version, and then BAM, off an play?

Last time i played, This CTI format you guys rave about was only JUST starting to come out. i think i played 2 half-game sessions of it before i lost access to OFP entirely. I remember it being fun as all hell though. I'm definately looking forward to some people showing me the ropes once my game arrives.