Sign in to follow this  
Sexacutioner

Carry an object (gas can)

Hello all! It's been quite a long time since I got the bug to work on some OFP, but after a long break I'm hooked again. I have an editing question for you all.

Is there a way to code (advanced is fine) someone into carrying an object. What I am working on is making a gas can for my level and importing the object into the game. I would like the player to be able to fill up the can at the gas station and walk it to their vehicle. However, I would also like someone else to be able to shoot the can their are carrying, causing a hollywood style explosion. I think their might be a way to do it if the can was treated as a weapon, however then I don't think I could tell if it was shot or not. Any suggestions?

I have played a mission where u have to steal a few gas can from a gas station before riding to save a friend that is about to be jailed. But i don't remember the name  and i'm not sure if it's part of FDF mod.

Well i will get back with more infos!!!

Edit: Sorry but the thing i saw use addaction only no graphics. sad_o.gif

ahh, ok well thanks anyway. The best I can come up with so far is gas can as a weapon and when the weapon is in the players hands then if the player takes any dammage he blows up, but I'd much rather have it more accurate with the gas can as an object.

Haven't had a chance to check it out yet. Got caught up in making an island for my game and haven't started the actual game script stuff yet, but I will when I get there!

I have played a mission where u have to steal a few gas can from a gas station before riding to save a friend that is about to be jailed. But i don't remember the name and i'm not sure if it's part of FDF mod.

The gas can is made by kegetys and it is indeed a part of fdfmod.

I have played a mission where u have to steal a few gas can from a gas station before riding to save a friend that is about to be jailed. But i don't remember the name  and i'm not sure if it's part of FDF mod.

... And the name of the mission is "Rebels without a cause". But You can´t destroy the gas can when someone is carrying it. It's a hidden weapon that goes in the handgrenade/ammo slots. Very nice mission though tounge_o.gif