Sign in to follow this  
Tau Hammerhead

Half life 2?

lol! I dont mean my model...I meant how come both units - the soldier and  cop are sharing the same  p3d file?..perhaps u could name a separate file for each? cos if not, ofp engine will only take the one named completed.p3d no matter how u try to config the 2 diff units.

Amour values are  meant only to determine the body protection offered to the soldier. There is no limit to it and will not be a factor to prevent soldiers from firing at it. But it will be boring and unrealistic if u set it so high that he becomes an immortal comic book superhero...no kicks in outwitting immortals, cos no matter what u will always lose.

To get opposing soldiers to shoot u, the values are determined  by the     cost = xxxx   in the config. The higher the number, the more u will attract bullets and missiles.

aha, right i get it now, thanks ever so much philcommando, so even if your an enemy with a low cost they dont shoot you?

well mex0r for sure ;P

well itl be pretty useless i think

since hl2 uses bumpmaps and stuff

itll look pretty crap in ofp

the models arent so high detailed...

so do wot u want i dont need that

HL2 models are not detailed or OFP models are nto detailed?

Because a Combine soldier in first LOD has 4000 polys. crazy_o.gif

I would probably be more interested in some of the aliens from hl2, sry but i am a huge scifi like fan. I love having a group of soilders or something fending off zombies, or some of the sst aliens, or all that stuff. Hl2 aliens and doom 3 monsters, Plus a new map that is more atmospheric and gloomy, would make my day, Err make my life actually. Oh btw tau, i loved your tau beta addons, did you update them at all?

*Edit* whoops, forgot about nephs alien and marine addon. I am really hyped up about them too.

Wasn't there some old addon called "Gordon Freeman" in ofp.gamezone.cz?

Though i have no idea of addonmaking, i have thumbs up. Though still, I don't think proper CQB will ever be possible in OFP1. If everything else is working, the AI will still walk and shoot trough the walls.

ACtually there was an addon called gordon freeman, but the guy that made it didnt define the classes stuff, so it didnt show up in the editor, i tweaked it a little, added gordon some armor, and i made it to where he shows up under west - units.

Tau beta addons? rock.gif Yes there was an addon called gordon free man at ofp.gamezone.cz, i could update it and add armour values for his armour, hey maybe even add a health bar wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Oh btw tau, i loved your tau beta addons, did you update them at all?

lol Tau was the type of soldiers it was made by shard from opscifi.

i had nothing to do with them! lol! Where can i find these tauu soldiers? I am intrigued as it may help me with some of these addons for half life 2

If u were to make 1 alien for ofp, from half life2, i would love to have the strider. That would probably be my favorite alien/creature thing. Or if you dont want to make that the hell knight from doom 3 would be pretty sweet. if you dont want to do it i understand, i wanted a strider so bad i even tried to make it myself. But it ended up looking like a ball with like 2 sticks comin out of it. I pretty much want something big, and evil, oh and if you make the strider make it kind of similar to the t800 terminator, it can be hurt by all weapons. But it has Armor, like a vehicle kind of. Dl the t800, and look at the script stuff. But make it like 4 times stronger. It woould be cool to have a ton of soilders desperately trying to kill the strider, as it crushes and blasts soilders left and right.

Why Mex0r? Does he know everything and represent the whole communities interests? tounge_o.gif

He "challenged" all the mod makers to make HL2 addons. It was a spectacular failure.

PS. Don't be discouraged by this.

I wont, but i am having small problems, when i try and load a map with the combine soldier now it crashes but does not return to windows, so i have to switch it off via the power button. I am using the KS MP5K if that is any use?

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=5671

Where is the MP5K that King homer made as this might make the difference?

ok, i have downloaded a gordon freeman and i am updating it to try and make it look abit better and with some added armour values hopefully i can make it look better smile_o.gif

I am trying to make a script that will create a health counter, has anybody got any help to start me off and what to display it as (i could use "hint" but that might limit programming of missions)

(i could use "hint" but that might limit programming of missions)

and if i keep hearing that *bling* ill get crazy tounge_o.gif

a globalchat radio would be pretty cool, just make it show up like every 10 percent of health. For ex, you get shot and it takes down 10% of your health, the globalchat will say Health 90%, you could also do that until like 30 then you could say like Blood loss imminent (Or whatever that girl radio says in half life 1. that would be good enough for me. Btw have you decided if you want to do the strider? (The big walking thing with 3 legs that squishes or shoots you)

Hey, forget those big bastards... Make those small whatever-they-are-called bugs (yeah, not so small for being bugs) which, when they jump on your face, make you a zombie tounge_o.gif

Omg, a thousand of those and my rusty but trusty M60... Aahh...

EDIT: Planet Half Life tells that the creature's name is Headcrab, and indeed it is this nice thingy that I find very cute actually. (Or atleast cuter than those marine bastards.)

Nice doggie!

getting them to jump, arggh that could be difficult, here is a pic of gordon so far in his nice casual clothes ( biggrin_o.gif )

freeman.jpg

Also when i fire from a combine soldier, it fires from the chest and not from the end of the gun, how can i change this?