Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

US Civil War Mod ver.1.0 Beta Released

with the confederate officer

that none of their units could fix bayonets?

Thank you for pointing this out!

It seems to be an error, because in reb officer's config it says Musket (which is Springfield) insteadof Enfield.

Will fix it.

Nice mod i just downloaded it biggrin_o.gif i use to try make my own mock musket battles useing a few resistance hunters, this is ten times better though!

Gives me an idea for a new mod!

Zulu!! tounge_o.gif

only thing is i cant modle,write configs,make islands (althou im currently learning to make islands biggrin_o.gif ) or texture.. all i can do is make missions..

Zulu mod abandoned intill further noticed tounge_o.gif

I can't seem to get this mod to run. I put the shortcut on my desktop and in the target box -I added the ending shown in the readme. When I hit apply-I keep getting this message;

The name "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE-mod=CWMOD" specified in the target box is not valid.

What am I doing wrong??

I can't seem to get this mod to run. I put the shortcut on my desktop and in the target box -I added the ending shown in the readme. When I hit apply-I keep getting this message;

The name "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE-mod=CWMOD" specified in the target box is not valid.

What am I doing wrong??

it should be...

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=CWMOD

All i can say about this mod is fantastic. Keep up the great work guys it is much appreciated. I'm having loads of fun with these new units  biggrin_o.gif (If you can call walking towards a union line fun  crazy_o.gif ).

Well thanks for the reply....But I copied and pasted this and put it into the target box:

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=CWMOD

and I still get the invalid path message.

The CWMOD folder (with its Addons and DTA folder inside) go in the OPF main folder,right? Or am I supposed to add the addons and DTA file to the main Resistance addon and DTA folder???

I'd really love to get this mod going..it sounds great.

I copied and pasted this  and put it into the target box:

That path is exactly what i have and yes you just put the CWMOD folder into the main OFP folder.If you have got any other MOD folders look at there target paths, i'm not sure if this is relevant but have you got a Radeon graphics card and if so you have to put -nomap -mod=CWMOD into the target box

this is what i have "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap -mod=CWMOD -nosplash so i can't see how you have a problem.

...or use the OFP launcher mentioned in the readme.

I tried the launcher-it pusts up a screen that says "the countdown begins" and then the normal OFP menu screen comes up...

Wow!

I was thinking it would start a new campaign by itself-I didn't realize it was all there in the editor!

Thanks for the help-now I can start making missions to keep me entrtained!

Things are going faster than expected.

All low-poly lods are done.

Ammo models (if you drop bullets, you can make a nice pile of 60 Minie balls), clips, old binoculars, etc, etc.

I've also already started working on the Zouaves. Here's one:

zouave.jpg

I was going to ask about those!

Their fez, the 'hat', wasn't that flat on the top?

These guys were said to be great fighters... Was that because they felt they had something to prove, dressed up like that? Kind of like "The Boy Named Sue" tounge_o.gif

They wore all kinds of headgear...

Check some models HERE

And a note to missionmakers.

There were no Spencer rifles at the battle of Gettysburg.

These deadly repeating rifles, as well as Henry repeaters, were only more present towards the end of the war. Much like the dozen or so of Gatling guns used.

I know it's hard to fight with a puny musket, but it's what 95% of Civil War fighting was all about. Try to reflect that in the mission you make.

Thank you.

They wore all kinds of headgear...

Check some models HERE

I stand corrected! crazy_o.gif

May I put in a request for the 2nd Maryland (CSA)? Aside from them serving MY side of the conflict, that's a cool uniform!

May I put in a request for the 2nd Maryland (CSA)?  

That one is planned already.

As well as Wheat's Tigers, for the south.

And probably 14th Brooklyn for the north still to come...

who were they rock.gif

There was a fad of the mid 1800's of styling military units to look like exotic African or Middle Eastern soldiers that were considered to be elite. Something like the famous Ghurkas of a much more recent time.

These American units would dress in the exotic uniforms of the Zoave, or patterned after them, and train toward the goal of being (or maybe just consider themselves) better than the usual soldier of their time.

This could be likened to American Army units like the Rangers or Airborne wearing berets, before some rocket scientist decided to give berets to ALL Army soldiers... crazy_o.gif

ok that cleared things smile_o.gif this is why I like historical MODs based on facts more than modern MODs. I can always learn something smile_o.gif

cheers

Those are quite the southern sissy pants.  crazy_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

rock.gif

As opposed to...

zouave.jpg

biggrin_o.gif

At least OUR Zoave doesn't have a tassel! tounge_o.gif

Seriously, Triglav, those are nice units, and I appreciate the choices you've made (particularly the Southern ones blues.gif ). I'm REALLY looking forward to this next release!