Sign in to follow this  
safari

Air temperatures

How about adding air temperatures to OFP2 engine?

Addons makers could make their vehicles to not start easily on extreme cold and they would boil off in extreme heat. Then again, it could be done by scripting already in OFP1, I guess.

May very well be too realistic or unnecessary in any case..

Just an idea.. maybe someone can come up with better ideas about it smile_o.gif

That would be cool, but I´m afraid it will kill missions, if a vehicle not work caused by overheating ore freezing. If the AI in OFP2 could handle this by themselve, if a vehicle quits work they take the next vehicle they can get, then this feature would be a must have in OFP2. smile_o.gif

OFP goes vehiclesim rock.gif .

it's a good idea to have it scripted, but not random , since sometimes a vehicle is needed for the sake of the mission and we can't have a "soldier (hot water coffee can)" addon i say... make it scriptable! wink_o.gif

OFP goes vehiclesim  rock.gif .

Why not?

If OFP could do a realistic vehicle and aircraft sim along with the infantry sim, it would save me a ton of money. No more having to buy Steel Beasts to drive tanks, Lomac for fighter aircraft, etc.

OFP goes vehiclesim rock.gif .

Why not?

If OFP could do a realistic vehicle and aircraft sim along with the infantry sim, it would save me a ton of money. No more having to buy Steel Beasts to drive tanks, Lomac for fighter aircraft, etc.

as long as i can suck out the fuel of enemy vehicles it's ok by me tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif .

(wonder how tank fuel tastes....)

(EDIT: how much fuel does a tank carry anyway? crazy_o.gif )

Maybe the soldier could get cold or frozen as well? smile_o.gif

The idea seems to me to fall into the category of features like tides or star constellations - and as you already know, we are quite capable of implementing those - usually once we get bored with repetitive tasks like tuning AI engaging targets correctly. wow_o.gif

You know what Suma, tripping/sliping on ice and so on would be fun as well, at least for me. Same feature category I guess. Walking slower in deep snow, if we have any.

But the freezing of hands etc would be awesome, get some shaking going on lol

The idea seems to me to fall into the category of features like tides or star constellations - and as you already know, we are quite capable of implementing those - usually once we get bored with repetitive tasks like tuning AI engaging targets correctly. wow_o.gif

lol that made me laugh biggrin_o.gif

seems to be a funny job there. I think the temperature should at least have influence at soldiers health, means they can't run as long if it's really hot for example. Other mentioned things like vehicle failures on certain weather conditions sound very complicated to me, better have other more important things done in this time I think.

>You know what Suma, tripping/sliping on ice and so on >would be fun as well, at least for me.  Same feature >category I guess.  Walking slower in deep snow, if we have >any.

Maybe air temperature is not among the most important things to add   tounge_o.gif It would then need ice covers over lakes to look good.  Imagine driving Abrams over very thick steel ice, anyone volunteering?    biggrin_o.gif  Spec ops swimming under ice to their target  tounge_o.gif

You can easily drive an abrams on thick enough ice smile_o.gif problem is the abrams will probably break before the ice... you know, it's usually really cold tounge_o.gif

The 3000 degree exhaust of the air temperature might make for a wet ride for anyone trying to follow the Abrams' path through the snow and ice... wink_o.gif

I'd rather have engineers breaching obstacles, placing demo charges, launching AVLBs and clearing mines.

wink_o.gif

I think it would be interesting to make soldiers' breath visible in really cold environments (Places like mountains, generic wintery areas, my garage, etc). Could make snipers more easy to spot...