Sign in to follow this  
Little Blue Assassin

The Soviet anthem from the setup

http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/misc/music.htm

Quote[/b] ] Just for the record, you can download an MP3 file of the Soviet national anthem from The Marxists. This anthem is what's played during OFP's install (ya know, with Ronny interrupting the orchestra, remember?) but the copy on the OFP CD is only in WAV format.

Thanks, but could someone give me any pointers to finding the exact version that was used by Bohemia Interactive? All of the dozen or so that I've downloaded have sounded slightly or greatly different than the one in the setup, including the one in the Avon Lady's Operation Flashpoint Frequently Asked Questions.

To your credit, Avon Lady, the one that I mentioned was the closest happens to be the same version as the one on your site, but one is located on that Russian site your linked to, and the .mp3 is louder.

Thanks, but could someone give me any pointers to finding the exact version that was used by Bohemia Interactive?

It's on the install CD. Browse the CD folders. You'll find it.

I mean, the full version of the exact version they used in setup dot wav.

I'm not having a very good evening!  Perhaps this will straighten things out.

BIS added a few voice files to the anthem which people have given you links to. There is nothing more than what you have on the OFP cd.

So the .wav file you have on your OFP CD is the full version of the exact version.. (using your words) wink_o.gif

Argh, Avon beat me... Anyway, check Avon's link. There are actually a lot of different versions, you might even find another one you like.

LMAO!!!!! talk about nostalgy for the cold war...

Too bad the guy singing that has no singing skills whatsoever. An interesting twist, though rock.gif

BIS added a few voice files to the anthem which people have given you links to. There is nothing more than what you have on the OFP cd.

So the .wav file you have on your OFP CD is the full version of the exact version..

Eh, it's not quite the same. There are a few differences. I wish one of the Operation Flashpoint team would take three minutes out of their insanely busy schedule to answer poor little me. But then, developers rarely do that.

I would be curious to know what is the version of this Anthem BIS tweaked to obtain what can be heard with the voice above it in a part of the setup.wav.

what is the orchestra ? in what year ?

The anthem from placebo quote of AvonLady website sounds a lot like the one in BIS wav file from what i hear when i compare 2 same sample, but without more confirmation i can't be sure (i am not really a hearing expert smile_o.gif ) as the BIS file is very low quality and the mp3 has a good one.

And as in the marxists website quoted there is no reference about the date or the orchestra of the file they put for download, it is not easy to guess

(especially noticing the very lots of versions in that russian anthem website ).

So any hints can be only good.

Quote[/b] ]I would be curious to know what is the version of this Anthem BIS tweaked to obtain what can be heard with the voice above it in a part of the setup.wav.

That was the exact question I asked in the beginning of this very thread.

As I pointed out earlier, the one that I linked to in my first post is the same one as the one on the Marxist site, which Avon Lady has a link to on her frequently asked questions. By the way, the one that we've all been linking to - the one from Avon Lady's site, the one from the Marxist site, and the one that I linked to in my first post, which happens to be on the site that Placebo linked to - is performed by Bolshoi Theatre Choir.

Hello again!

Does anyone know where I can download an .mp3 file of the exact same recording of the Soviet anthem as the one used in the setup .wav file?  The closest one I can find is this one.

Thanks!

I beleive that is the exact music used in the setup is the music you selected. The only differance is the sound quility and voiceovers.