Sign in to follow this  
belgerot

Mi24 Pack by Mr.Yoda

343rdBadger, changes you made with the textures looks very good. You can send me tga files, although I don’t think I will update my first pack so soon - it’s on the internet for less then a week.

Actually, I don’t know will I make any more “air addonsâ€. It requires a lot of time to make something all by your self. On the other hand, if BIS continue to prolong OFP2 release I will be forced to make something! wink_o.gif

And Su25… I’ve only added my bombs to it, I haven’t change the model or scripting – it flies like it always did!

When I made bombs for Mi-24s I decided to add those bombs to Su25 too, so people can use this plane for air support kind of missions (area bombing).

I usually like airplanes but I don’t like to fly them in OFP. Helicopters are the other story…

@Mr.Yoda: Good addon with great potential! Keep it up! Can't wait for "P" version. smile_o.gif

@343rdBadger (and maybe others): Please, when you make Russian camouflage of Mi-24, remove the shark mouth! That detail is just another failure of BIS in terms of realism: such shark mouths were painted on Hinds of Czechoslovak Army in early 1990s and persisted on some helos until they were repainted by Czech or Slovak camouflage (Czechoslovakia split up in 1993).

In times of Cold War, such details were banned in Warsaw Pact armies, along with any wing badges and other "fun stuff". The reason was that such details would promote unwanted individualism (no sh*t, such was the commie doctrine) and identify the downed or observed helicopter to the enemy. I hope this help the realism a little... smile_o.gif

...and the last note, the 12.7 mm rotating machinegun (type 9-A-624) has four barrels. There is no space in the front turret for placing a cannon, the fixed twin 30mm cannon was placed on the right side of the fuselage (version P).

EDIT:

The detail of the machinegun:

1892.jpg

Great source for any Mi-24 enthusiast: http://www.b-domke.de/AviationImages.html

You can send me tga files, although I don’t think I will update my first pack so soon - it’s on the internet for less then a week.

Why not? Update! Update!

With this talk of MI-24Ps and MI-24Ws, would you consider making a version armed with AT-6 Spandrel ATGMs? One of the major differences between the -D and -W is that the -W has much more advanced optometrics including a laser designator, enabling it to fire the laser guided AT-6. I think it would be pretty cool giving it laser guided ATGMs, like the WGL -L Hellfires. It would be cool being a FAC and lasing a tank for a distant -W Hind to take out from behind cover blues.gif

I was planning to create separate pbo file when Mi-24P is done (pack 2), but if you all want an update for pack 1 the best way should be to release all Mi-24 types in one file.

Well, I’ve noticed that soviet Hinds don’t have shark jaws. I added it to soviet Mi-24V just because BIS Mi-24 had it.

When I update the pack I will probably remove it from the soviet version. You could still use script too add jaws if you want.

About AT-6

As far as I know Sturm missiles are ONLY radio guided missiles, although you can found somewhere that they are laser guided. In the time of cold war a lot of western analysts thought that this missile is laser guided because of its high hit probability and long range. But this is not true.

Even AT-9 Ataka (improved version of AT-6) has the same guided system – even though greatly improved.

AT-9 is primary made for Mi-28 but it uses Sturm missile launch system and I read that can be used on Mi-24V. This missile has longer range, higher hit probability and can be used against helicopters and low-flying, low-speed fixed wing aircrafts.

I would add this weapon to Mi-24V version but I couldn’t found any proof (picture) that it is really used on Mi-24V, I saw it only on Mi-24VM (Mi-35) – which is one of the newest Hind modifications.

Ka-50 (or in OFP – V-80) has in fact laser guided AT-16 missiles. I don’t know why they have added AT-6. It also has 40 unguided 80mm missiles, not 57mm.

What can I say, I have made a lot of helicopter model kits so I’ve learned some stuff.

wink_o.gif

Review:

Quote[/b] ]

HIND D(Mi-24D): Turret-mounted 4-barrel 12.7-mm Gatling type machinegun

HIND E (Mi-24V): Turret-mounted 4-barrel 12.7-mm Gatling type machinegun or twin barrel 23-mm YakB turret gun.

HIND F (Mi-24P): Fixed 30-mm twin gun on the right fuselage side

Fixed 30-mm twin gun(pic)

...and the rest is already been writen.

I don't think any of the addon-makers have made a Mi-24P before, so you should be the one to make it.

Good luck wink_o.gif

I don't think any of the addon-makers have made a Mi-24P before, so you should be the one to make it.

Never saw them in CSLA MOD?

Yes, there is few Mi-24D, Mi-24V and Mii-24P in our MOD

csla2_mi-24p.jpg

also Vilasmod has a Mi24P, i played with it yesterday wink_o.gif (and it sure looks as it has a twin 30mm gun on the right side of the fuselage) tounge_o.gif

Yes, there is few Mi-24D, Mi-24V and Mii-24P in our MOD

crazy_o.gif

Bah! Wrong again