Sign in to follow this  
skypine27

Y2K3 vs EECP

Hi out there. I just started to play Flashpoint again after about 6 months.

In installed the newest version of EECP and started playing thru the resistance campaign, and PMC Fury.

I stumbled across the Y2K3 site and started downloading the latest version of that.

From the people who played both, which one did you like better? Which one is better for playing thru the stock campaigns, as well as user-made campaigns?

Thanks!

gotta love y2k3´s radio feature, nothing beats rolling your tank into battle to the music of drowning pool biggrin_o.gif

Those are 2 interesting mods to make a graphical update to your OFP.

Fortunately, they are different from each other, and they do not have the same replacements and same features, even if some of those are common to both.

So only by testing you will find one to suit better your taste in that matter.

The advantage of Y2K3 is that with one download you have everything while for E:ECP you have to download one by one each required addon.

The advantage of E:ECP is that the mod emphazise more on realism and will be updated with the new ground breaking ECP that is coming soonâ„¢

After playing both mods today for a while, I have to say they are both awesome. They both really improve on the original game. I never would have started playing Flashpoint again w/o these mods coming out.

Overall, I like the EECP mod better. I like the flash and explosions of y2k3, but EECP seems to play better and be a little more realistic.

There is a new ECP coming out? Whats new about it?

meh, as i cant be arsed to load\unload mod folders constantly in SP i use the "old fashioned" GMR_exploMod or the more Hollywoodish FlashFX mod to improve my gaming experience...but ECP, EECP and Y2K3 are excellent...and im definately looking forward to the upcoming ECP smile_o.gif

Hey guys I had a question, my ECP only works on BIS and BAS units but the ECP doesnt work on HYK units, how can I change that, how can I make the effects work on other units aswell biggrin_o.gif