Sign in to follow this  

Pacific Thunder

Has anyone endevoured on the task of creating a Pacific centralised modification for Operation Flashpoint? Would the prospect of a possible modification appeal to many members? Also, which modification team was making the aircraft carrier for OFP? It's been over a year since any progress was reported and as far as i know, it's still around 80%. Would jungle/pacific warfare suit a modification for OFP. What about carrier based warfare? It would utilise the sea a lot more than it has been used in the past, seems to me that it has been sumwhat neglected for main missions. Is anyone interested?

There is a game available , an update in the IL2 range called " Pacific Fighters "

Being a keen IL2 fan i couldnt wait when i saw the pics of the carriers and dreamed of taking on the Tokyo express ....

but the reality of carrier based missions is boredom and lots and lots and lots of sea . sad_o.gif

I have read on these forums of several working (ish) carriers , most are modern i think .

Kuznetsov for example

or here at the bottom for the Tarowa (thanks to Ironsight for the link finding)

There are more.....

The USS Nimitz by Hawk and edited by many members of the community...it is still an open ended project, but works very well as is. You can find it at ofpbase.com or opflashpoint.org

I use this addon often in my missions and I can tell you there is nnothing boring about tearing ass off an aircraft carrier going on bombing runs in cloase air support for Sucheys Marines.

You just have to be creative to make a mission fun. I've seen a mission that involved nothing but two of Col Klinks police tiger boats. I had more fun playing that mission then most of these complex and highly scripted missions. It was original so it made it fun.

Eh? rock.gif OFP in the pacific isn't necessarily limited to flying... Infantry-based and vehicular combat in a modern pacific campaign (modern = 1985'ish as about the same time of OFP) would absolutely rock... although of course it couldn't help but be compared to Far Cry for instance... but I'd love a Pacific OFP mod! biggrin_o.gif

With the Stuff from the new USMC Mod we could do Beachlandings (Not sure if I spell this right) and a REALLY good CTI. It meight be intersting when you not start a CTI Mission at land. I have a thing in mind like Resistance troops holding positions at the Island, maybe defending the Beaches too, and US Marines and Russian or other opfor try to get control over the Island. CAS for the LCAC and LAV`S, and Recon Marines that get in before the Landing Operation starts.

Can`t wait to play Missions like that when the new USMC Mod get released. biggrin_o.gif

operation flashpoint isn't exactly a flight sim rock.gif

I do know, however, that there was a pacific mod, but there is also a new pacific mod being worked on...

There are no wwii style aircraft carriers, but I am sure some one could make em.

The USS Nimitz by Hawk and edited by many members of the community...it is still an open ended project, but works very well as is. You can find it at ofpbase.com or opflashpoint.org

I use this addon often in my missions and I can tell you there is nnothing boring about tearing ass off an aircraft carrier going on bombing runs in cloase air support for Sucheys Marines.

You just have to be creative to make a mission fun. I've seen a mission that involved nothing but two of Col Klinks police tiger boats. I had more fun playing that mission then most of these complex and highly scripted missions. It was original so it made it fun.

@TheMarshal=TOB= I've not seen that. Got a link for me.. anybody?

You sure Col Klink...I got it last year when I downloaded your Tiger boats...Let me grab it from home and upload it for you.

It comes up in the editor as CWK Tiger Police or something like that. I'll upload it tomorrow and PM you the link.

Would anyone be interested in creating a Pacific Modification for OFP, it's something which i have been pondering over for quite a while now with Brattacas (who's also on the forums) and i think it would be a worthwhile interest and project. I go to opflashpoint.org regularly but i'm not on the forums too much, as for justnow i'm concentrating on the BIS Forums, i really should have been on here a lot sooner! Col. Klink would you be interested in beginning an OFP Pacific-based Modification? Overall, who would be interested in collaberating to create Pacific Thunder? smile_o.gif

Hello Col Klink,

As promised here is a link. I found one on opflashpoint.org before I left work yesterday so I didn't have to upload one to my server. This is the website I download it off of in the first place.

Link to download page

Download File link

What information that was on the website about the download:

Author: Colonel Klink

Type of addon: Vehicle

Download: 416-Tiger Gunboat Pack V2.0.zip (5.45 MB)

Comments:

Adds a new set of Tiger Gunboats with various camo and weapons:

6 Versions in this addon pack:

CWK Tiger Gunboat.. twin .50 cal mgun

CWK Tiger Command Gunboat.. twin .50 cal mguns and radar

CWK Tiger Attack Gunboat.. radar minigun

CWK Tiger Gunboat Grey Camo.. naval camo livery

CWK Tiger Gunboat Black Ops.. dark camo

CWK Tiger Police Pursuit Vessel.. in Police grey and armed with a minigun

I also sent this in PM, but I wanted to post the link here in case others want this link as well.

i think klinky was after a linky for the nimitz, i think he would have his own addons ;)

Would anyone be interested in creating a Pacific Modification for OFP, it's something which i have been pondering over for quite a while now with Brattacas (who's also on the forums) and i think it would be a worthwhile interest and project. I go to opflashpoint.org regularly but i'm not on the forums too much, as for justnow i'm concentrating on the BIS Forums, i really should have been on here a lot sooner! Col. Klink would you be interested in beginning an OFP Pacific-based Modification? Overall, who would be interested in collaberating to create Pacific Thunder? smile_o.gif

Well, I'm interested... ;-)

A while ago I was going to compile an objects pack made of a few other addons (David C's Jungle Pack, BFV jungle plants, Hiuu). Majority of these objects needed some work and tweaking to be useable in WRP. Then I was going to release it as next 3WX compilation. I dropped the project due to lack of time, but if there's enough interest... well, maybe I'll give it a shot...

...provided that I'll not be the only addonmaker on team. wink_o.gif

PS. For a good Pacific-style island, look for Hiuu by Stacker. It's got to be somewhere on ofp.info. It's small and kind of at beta stage, but still a very good island.

Hey AG,

Well i've been talking to Brattacas and he thinks it's a rather good idea, although i have just had an offer from an unnamed modification to join them.I will admit that a Pacific Modification would sound very good but until i have sorted out a situation with this particular modification team, i'll have to put it on hold. Either way, i'll PM you with some of the developments. Thank you for the interest, smile_o.gif

you should join the MOD mentioned above smile_o.gif it's too sad there are so many mod teams doing same stuff as the others when they could combine their efforts and even get something ready

As i aforementioned, i have had an offer from a modification which i'm not going to name at the moment but let's just say it's well known within the community and as such i have put the thoughts of a pacific modification on hold for the time being! smile_o.gif

I thought that since there already is a WW2 Pacific mod this thread would spawn a MODERN Pacific combat scenario mod... I mean, WW2, Vietnam, and I think Korea are covered so far... what about something more modern? rock.gif

BUZZARD @ Dec. 01 2004,19:09)]I thought that since there already is a WW2 Pacific mod this thread would spawn a MODERN Pacific combat scenario mod... I mean, WW2, Vietnam, and I think Korea are covered so far... what about something more modern?  rock.gif

Quite true, it's not easy to think of modern scenarios since a large contingent of them are based on the Gulf Wars amongst others. What about a modification in which carrier based combat is a key element, the sea seems very neglected to me, the OFP community needs to spice it up a little. Would it be possible?

BUZZARD @ Dec. 01 2004,21:09)]I thought that since there already is a WW2 Pacific mod this thread would spawn a MODERN Pacific combat scenario mod... I mean, WW2, Vietnam, and I think Korea are covered so far... what about something more modern? rock.gif

well how many of those are ever gonna be finished properly... so many mods have come and gone. I've put so much anticipation in them but some seem to die or become "eternal projects" sad_o.gif