Sign in to follow this  
eric51

Sound disappearance

And sorry for my english.

My specs : K7s5a /xp 2400 / 768 mo ram / Sound card : Hercules Muse LT

All drivers updated

NO other issues with other game.

In OFP 1.96 the sound disapears but not completly.

I play with direct sound HW activated.

Begining of the game : all sounds

Middle : no helico sound for example

I must unable DIRECT SOUND HW et enable again and the sound come back.

Why ?

well, i got a crappy onboard soundcard, and mine can only handle a few sounds at the same time so i never use the HW soundthingy.... tounge_o.gif

Yes but there's a big framerate difference between HW ON and OFF.

wink_o.gif what's the best sound card for OFP ?

Disable your soundcard's hardware accelleration and see if that resolves the problem.

Quote[/b] ]what's the best sound card for OFP ?

Anything other than an old SoundBlaster Live.

I'm having some sound problems too. What happens to me, is when I'm firing a automatic weapon (hand held, or mounted on an aircraft, boat, or land vehicle) on full auto, the sound skips. I don't hear anything until I stop shooting the gun.

I have a Avance AC97 sound card. The driver for the sound card is up to date.

Is this a hardware problem, or an in-game bug?

For me , disable acceleraition not solve the problem.

I moved the sound card to other pci port, same thing.

I'm going to buy antoher sound card, audigy ?

i think i solved the problem :

My sound car and network card shared the same irq (10) even when i changed the pci port

wink_o.gif

Now the sound card is alone on the IRQ and no disaperance since 1 hour. I hope that runs.

i have the SoundBlaster Live and sound works good for me.. not the best sound quality.. but santa is brining me a new sound card tounge_o.gif

I have the same problem... (even worse)... When I or anyone fires off with Shilka, Vulcan, Helo MG. or having many jets flying around, I lose my OFP sound completely. Then after I restart OFP they come back... crazy_o.gif

Try starting it with the " -nomap" command. (without the quote marks obviously... Oh and leave a space before the - from the last bit of text.

-nomap is on almost all the time. Except when I play the original (rarely). EECP changes most of the sounds so no problem. FDF mod... Hawks make sounds disappear.... crazy_o.gif

Why not! smile_o.gif

i got audgiy gamer and my sound is screwed up id be getting a audigy 2 as if ya get a audigy you could end up with more problems..

1MB L2 Cache/ 800 FSB /HT support

ASUS P5P800 Motherboard

Support Intel Hyper-Threading Technology 8X AGP, 8USB Port2s, 800 FSB

512 MB DDR RAM 400MHz Dual Channel

160GB WD JB(8MB) 7200 Hard Drive

my sound problems are major game is un-playable with this sound card (crackling sound,heaaring battles and gun fire that simply isn't there) good luck

Why not! smile_o.gif

i got audgiy gamer and my sound is screwed up id be getting a audigy 2 as if ya get a audigy you could end up with more problems..

1MB L2 Cache/ 800 FSB /HT support

ASUS P5P800 Motherboard

Support Intel Hyper-Threading Technology 8X AGP, 8USB Port2s, 800 FSB

512 MB DDR RAM 400MHz Dual Channel

160GB WD JB(8MB) 7200 Hard Drive

my sound problems are major game is un-playable with this sound card (crackling sound,heaaring battles and gun fire that simply isn't there) good luck

better still dont buy any sort of creative soundcard ....

there are better ways to waste money like ....setting fire to it.

i bought an audigy platinum and have had nowt but problems with it (the latest of which it doesn't even recognise itself as an audigy lol ...cant install drivers)

i also bought a second hand machine from a friend with a sb live 5.1 recently and thats a 'bag of shite' aswell

I have got a Soundblaster Live 5.1 Digital, and the last week my problems came back. When I play and the pc has much to do the sound will completely disappear. A short time after that a bluescreen appears. Had this problems a year ago but it disappeared as suddenly as it came back now.

Yesterday I removed the card and now I use my onboard sound, until now no bluescreens anymore.

But as I use EAX in all games and have a 5.1 system I need a new soundcard. Has anyone had any bad experiences with a Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS 7.1 THX?

Hi - I am also facing a sound issue. If I get in any kind of vehicules while using external view (3rd person I guess) then I can't hear the vehicule engine/sounds. I have to switch to driver / internal view to hear some sounds.

Disabling audio hardware acceleration works to solve this problem, but again I am loosing 5-7 fps ...

I am using Realtek on board ALC850 with 5.10.00.5760 drivers.

OFP resistance have been installed and then patched directly to 1.96 without intermediate pacthes such as 1.91.

Should I get an Audigy sound board rock.gif

Any help appreciated wink_o.gif

By the way, what is the -nomap command line for ??

Just some more info...

I've got two soundcards, one M-Audio Delta and the onboard AC97 (ALC850 I belive...)

Because of lack of mixer right now I'm using the onboard. Always had problems with static sounds and sounds breaking up (radio v. enginesound...the usual stuff i guess) so I decided to update the drivers...guess what, sound dissapeared somethimes completely now, like chopper and enginesounds...

Abbe

Okey, since I am not satisfied with onboard ALC850, I'll get an Audigy 2 ...

Anyone having experience in OFP with Audigy 2 board ?

better still dont buy any sort of creative soundcard ....

there are better ways to waste money like ....setting fire to it.

i bought an audigy platinum and have had nowt but problems with it (the latest of which it doesn't even recognise itself as an audigy lol ...cant install drivers)

i also bought a second hand machine from a friend with a sb live 5.1 recently and thats a 'bag of shite' aswell

I run OFP WITHOUTany problems with an Creative Soundblaster 128 PCI. Creative soundcards are always my first vote, and when friends had soundtrouble with games, I had none with my soundblaster cards. And that start´s with DOS games, long time ago and is still the same today. Sounblaster Live is another story, ill keep my hands off it.

The reason for problems with soundcards can be found on the mainboard to. It can be your chipset or it`s drivers that causing trouble with your soundcard. And last, but not least. The highly praised Windows XP causing more trouble than it`s worth. Imo the XP stands for ExPerimental. I got an stable and fine running system with Win2K. biggrin_o.gif

I had SB16 PCI for 5 years...the only problem I had in OFP is while playing CTI - when vulcan or shilka shoots and many other sounds at once - Id get sound skip...solved it by getting Audigy2 ZS... smile_o.gif

Hi - I am also facing a sound issue. If I get in any kind of vehicules while using external view (3rd person I guess) then I can't hear the vehicule engine/sounds. I have to switch to driver / internal view to hear some sounds.

Disabling audio hardware acceleration works to solve this problem, but again I am loosing 5-7 fps ...

I am using Realtek on board ALC850 with 5.10.00.5760 drivers.

I get the same thing now, I think it arrived with newer drivers, try going back to older versions and see if that fixes the sound smile_o.gif