Sign in to follow this  
berghoff

Kumlinge Island

It took me longer than planned, but I finally finished texturing. (well I missed 1 texture sad_o.gif )

But the result is great:

a1.jpg

http://members.lycos.co.uk/berg4ever/brg_eden/100kbnew/a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

http://members.lycos.co.uk/berg4ever/brg_eden/100kbnew/a6.jpg

Only thing left to do is re-edit all the towns a bit and add all the town names signs which I yesterday f**ed up, so I'll to start all over with that.  =D

Those forests look great - is there any possiblilty that the default forests could be replaced with those (with some edits to the original textures / models?) I haven't done much island editiing. How difficult is it to swap out overwrite one forest type with another (10 files? 50? 100?)

Quote[/b] ]Those forests look great - is there any possiblilty that the default forests could be replaced with those (with some edits to the original textures / models?)  I haven't done much island editiing.  How difficult is it to swap out overwrite one forest type with another (10 files?  50?  100?)

All it does is take a few lines  in the config, more precisly these lines:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class ReplaceObjects

{

class Forest1Border

{

replace="O\Tree\les_nw_ctver_mlaz.p3d";

with[]={};

};

class Forest1Triangle

{

replace="O\Tree\les_nw_trojuhelnik.p3d";

with[]={"O\Tree\les_nw_trojuhelnik.p3d"};

};

class Forest1Square

{

replace="O\Tree\les_nw_ctver_pruhozi.p3d";

with[]={"O\Tree\les_nw_ctver_pruhozi_T1.p3d","O\Tree\les_nw_ctver_pruhozi_T2.p3d"};

center="true";

};

Yea that is for if you use Resistance forests on your island. If you want a new forest you only have to replace 2/3 objects, but anyway textures are 512x512 instead of the everon's 256x256 ones, shouldn't effect performance to much. smile_o.gif

A tip to Berghof!

Increase the presence of forestal areas, 'coz both the swedish and finnish country-sides contains A LOT of forests! smile_o.gif

screens looks better and better biggrin_o.gif

i hope you add some flat spaces around some of the cities and so on so mission makers and add more objects to cities and find suitable locations to make their own bases where the ground is flat at some spots tounge_o.gif

Ok, I've spent an entire day playing on ancylus island. I am convinced these are the greatest forests out there.

I understand Jakerod's post about editing the config for each island to replace the forest squares, borders and triangles. Now I just need to know the names - I guess firstly for everon's standard forests (does Kulgejev use the same forests?) and the new forests. I've looked through the haus.pbo and saw several tree textures and p3d's, but I don't know which is which? Is this something anyone would be willing to help with?

Now I just need to know the names - I guess firstly for everon's standard forests (does Kulgejev use the same forests?) and the new forests. I've looked through the haus.pbo and saw several tree textures and p3d's, but I don't know which is which?  Is this something anyone would be willing to help with?

The ones that start with km_ are the forest triangles (there should be 3 of them, t1 t2 and tri). km_tri.p3d is the filling.

I think. I don't exactly have photographic memory.  wink_o.gif

I like the island. The only problem with normal everon was the forest turned to to 2d flat forest with black between the trees. And that sucked diddly uked.