Sign in to follow this  
raedor

mapfact releases callsigns addon

Mapfact uses leader in their demo mission and it works there ;)

i just copied the init lines from the demo mission and changed the callsigns..

@the_shadow: BadAss, the guy who made the addon, says:

Quote[/b] ]leader arty1 setGroupID ["Echo","MAP_Echo_1"]

leader arty2 setGroupID ["Echo","MAP_Foxtrot_1"]

leader arty3 setGroupID ["Echo","MAP_Golf_1"]

is that fine for you? biggrin_o.gif

@343rdBadger: BadAss explains it a bit for you:

Quote[/b] ]The "MAP_CallSigns.pbo" File goes into the addon folder either AddOns or Res\AddOns or your respective Mod folder. In the demos the only thing of interest is the init.sqs where the GroupIDs are defined. Eg. in "West_CallSigns.eden" this is:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">leader grp1 setGroupID ["Kilo","MAP_Juliett_1"]

leader grp2 setGroupID ["MAP_Marine","MAP_Fireteam_1"]

leader grp3 setGroupID ["MAP_Ranger","MAP_Chalk_1"]

leader grp4 setGroupID ["MAP_Delta","MAP_Fireteam_1"]

leader grp5 setGroupID ["MAP_Eagle","GroupColor1"]

leader grp6 setGroupID ["MAP_Assault","MAP_TeamA"]

These are just examples to show you the usage which I just explained above. The description, stringtable and anim files are just there to have the radio crackle defined, a translation and to get the guys on the map doing something: greeting and radioing.

I hope that's more clear by now? For further questions don't hesitate to send me a mail.

But thank you for downloading that stuff and at least trying it! wink_o.gif

@the_shadow: BadAss, the guy who made the addon, says:
Quote[/b] ]leader arty1 setGroupID ["Echo","MAP_Echo_1"]

leader arty2 setGroupID ["Echo","MAP_Foxtrot_1"]

leader arty3 setGroupID ["Echo","MAP_Golf_1"]

is that fine for you? biggrin_o.gif

yeah, i guess it´s ok ;)

ok, fine smile_o.gif

343rdBadger, do you understand it now?

Sorry guys...was away from the forum a couple of days (playing /modding Wings over vietnam)...I'll try to figure this out tommorow and see if I can get it to work.Wanna use it in ron spiers group command missions where ya have 12 groups to move around....definitely needs this as its a chore trying to remember who's who biggrin_o.gif

Sorry guys...was away from the forum a couple of days (playing /modding Wings over vietnam)...I'll try to figure this out tommorow and see if I can get it to work.Wanna use it in ron spiers group command missions where ya have 12 groups to move around....definitely needs this as its a chore trying to remember who's who biggrin_o.gif

i hope the best smile_o.gif

ask if you have problems! wink_o.gif

Haven't looked at all the available words yet, but this is a good addon that should have been made long ago. However, in order to make sure it is truly 'universal', I have a couple suggestions for the next version:

Suggestion #1) Make exactly the same words available for both "letter" and "color". Others have already commented on this, but I just wanna reinforce it. There isn't really any reason why you shouldn't do this, as it gives more combinations for editors, and it would make things simpler in terms of the readme and figuring out what words to use (you would only need one list of words, instead of two different lists)

Suggestion #2)It would also make sense for their classes to be something like: MAP_Alpha_A and MAP_Alpha_B , where A would go in the first part of the "setgroupid" command, and B would go in the second part (or other simple, logical naming system, to eliminate any confusion for editors), instead of MAP_Alpha and MAP_Alpha_1

Not entirely needed of course, and if any missions have already been made with the current version, this would just mess them up I guess, but it might be doable anyway.

Suggestion #3) Make an object that editors can place in order to FORCE players to have this addon in order to play their missions. A logic would likely be best.

Suggestion #4) Make a number of callsigns (10-20?) that can be set by the mission editor to whatever he desires, just like the PAPA_BEAR and FIREFLY_BASE callsigns. Information on how to do that can be found in the comments of Toadlife's tut here:

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/resource_view.php?id=447

thx for input. smile_o.gif

maybe you can d/l an update soon.

Ok...finally got it to work smile_o.gif NOW FOR THOSE LIKE ME THAT DIDN"T UNDERSTAND WHAT TO DO.......... biggrin_o.gif

In the init.sqs that came with the addon...copy the lines starting with leader(then add as many of those lines as you need(I added 10 cause thats how many groups you command in Ron Spiers Group mission),then paste them into the init.sqs thats in your mission(create the mission first and save)Where it says "group name" in your editor...name all the groups you want to have new callsigns for.I used Wtank1 thru 10 in my example but it can be anything you want, I believe,depending on whatever else is using the group name (you may have a previous script running that uses those names as I did).so it looks like this in my init.sqs

Wtank1 setGroupID ["MAP_Tiger","MAP_One"]

Wtank2 setGroupID ["MAP_Tiger","MAP_Two"]

Wtank3 setGroupID ["MAP_Bear","MAP_Three"]

Wtank4 setGroupID ["MAP_Bear","MAP_Four"]

Wtank5 setGroupID ["MAP_Fox","MAP_Five"]

Wtank6 setGroupID ["MAP_Tiger","MAP_Six"]

Wtank7 setGroupID ["MAP_Wolf","MAP_Seven"]

Wtank8 setGroupID ["MAP_Hawk","MAP_Eight"]

Wtank9 setGroupID ["MAP_Pigeon","MAP_Nine"]

Wtank10 setGroupID ["MAP_Raven","MAP_One"]

so when I call up group 1 in my mission via my action menu(A feature of Ron's Mission)....Tiger One responds.

This was really simple to do ,but the explaination confused me...and I have done my share of mission building,so I was surprised it took soo long to sink in

biggrin_o.gif

I think addon makers have to remember that newbies comming to flashpoint aren't gonna have a clue with the terminology used to describe scripting or adding new features to missions.Speak to us as though we're children and give us pictures biggrin_o.gif cheers

Ok...finally got it to work smile_o.gif NOW FOR THOSE LIKE ME THAT DIDN"T UNDERSTAND WHAT TO DO.......... biggrin_o.gif

In the init.sqs that came with the addon...copy the lines starting with leader(then add as many of those lines as you need(I added 10 cause thats how many groups you command in Ron Spiers Group mission),then paste them into the init.sqs thats in your mission(create the mission first and save)Where it says "group name" in your editor...name all the groups you want to have new callsigns for.I used Wtank1 thru 10 in my example but it can be anything you want I believe,depending on whatelse is using the group name (you may have a previous script running that uses those names as I did).so it looks like this in my init.sqs

Wtank1 setGroupID ["MAP_Tiger","MAP_One"]

Wtank2 setGroupID ["MAP_Tiger","MAP_Two"]

Wtank3 setGroupID ["MAP_Bear","MAP_Three"]

Wtank4 setGroupID ["MAP_Bear","MAP_Four"]

Wtank5 setGroupID ["MAP_Fox","MAP_Five"]

Wtank6 setGroupID ["MAP_Tiger","MAP_Six"]

Wtank7 setGroupID ["MAP_Wolf","MAP_Seven"]

Wtank8 setGroupID ["MAP_Hawk","MAP_Eight"]

Wtank9 setGroupID ["MAP_Pigeon","MAP_Nine"]

Wtank10 setGroupID ["MAP_Raven","MAP_One"]

so when I call up group 1 in my mission via my action menu(A feature of Ron's Mission)....Tiger One responds.

This was really simple to do ,but the explaination confused me...and I have done my share of mission building,so I was surprised it took soo long to sink in

biggrin_o.gif

I think addon makers have to remember that newbies comming to flashpoint aren't gonna have a clue with the terminology used to describe scripting or adding new features to missions.Speak to us as though were children and give us pictures biggrin_o.gif cheers

we'll be holding that in mind within our next release. smile_o.gif