Sign in to follow this  
Blackden

Cheat or not ?

dont start to make up storys that are not real.

do you ever think that you might be ruining the whole experiense for players in MP before they even get the chanse to play it? (just by making some, everyone cheats and i´ve made screenshots using some cheat to proove it posts)

what ever dude, there are pics that shows the cheats, it's a realality no matter what you say

and you still miss the fact that yes, cheats are not all that bad in OFP, but there are still Cheators, you act like there are none

The textures for the islands are NOT in the wrp files, but in the dta\<islandname>.pbo, so changing textures does NOT alter the wrp and does NOT cause this messages. Changed wrp files means changed islands, ie (re)moved objects.

the problem is dont seem to understand the fact that not all mod makers leave other files alone which set off the checks

That does not make my answer any less true. Modified wrp is modified wrp. Nobody has to use them in mp. And no admin is forced to act on that message. All i did was answer the question. Modified texures do not cause this messages, modified islands do. What the admin makes of this is his decision alone.

Look, there is ways to combat some cheats with scripting. a friend helped me out to comab fog cheats, speed cheats and guns that cause more dammage.

I found a script in ofp that saves your posision like 25.3526764574363 (its really exact smile_o.gif ) So when a players is killed i could save the pos of the shooter and of the victim. From that i recreate the place where the shooter stood when he killed the victim. (anyone with wallhack cant get pass this) // Another thing is to put an AI inside each building, the guys with no building would get killed?

I also had a script which deleted all objects above 40 feet on the map. it had a error in it but it would work against these nuke bombs ppl drop on the maps.

I think theres a script that can delete any new buildings created aswell.

to the guys with EAX i suggest a trigger with a sound should be placed on the map so they cant hear where everyone is.

But this wont solve anyone problems, it will just cause more ppl being called cheaters and they will deny it. I once were on a server where they kicked everyone with messages off, it took 2 hours to fill it up smile_o.gif

80% get these messages, 0.5% of them are cheaters and theres no way execpt guessing to sperate them.

or?

Or u have guys who use cheat very well, and you cant detect them... and how many.

This is a quote from a shit OFP cheat forum:

Quote[/b] ]Yo guys i have 1 question. How can i make a extra folder to my RES game to put merged.pbo in but i dont want to connect on a server and i have Modified files
Quote[/b] ]Its easy. Send me your Email on PM and ill forward you the files.

And its easy sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Cain:Another thing is to put an AI inside each building

Very nice idea, but dont work for wireframe.

Quote[/b] ]Cain: So when a players is killed i could save the pos of the shooter and of the victim. From that i recreate the place where the shooter stood when he killed the victim.

Damn, can u explain me this Cain by MSN ?

Each player/object have a position on the map, "example 25.634757454 and 36.236345745"

When we put one marker at each position and draws a line the map, you will be able to see how the bullet traveld. If it goes through 50 trees or 2 buildings, well guess its a cheater.

You could also add a camera to the bullet of the guy you are spectating, if your camera goes through buildings and trees (with fraps running) you have recorded a cheater.

Or if its possible you put a trigger the size a house is, and if any bullet is detected in this trigger, it will give a public messge who fired this bullet who traveld inside a building.

So basicly i tried to combat these things. But i have no idea if they work on a real cheater. I lowerd the values when i played on my own to make sure they come up as they should.

ATM

*Viewdistance

*Bullets Dammage

*Bullets Speed

*Players Speed

Future (if possible)

*Check which part gets hit (like headshots only)

*Bullets fired, Bullets hit (1 shot,1 idea bye bye)

*Bullets fired between reloads (for the 50g36 Auto guys)

*Check that players health never heals for no reson

*Check the dammage a bullet did vs the health player lost

*Check the altitude so no one walks below/above ground level

*Deleting objects in the sky

*Wallhack (pos idea,spec,trigger)

Looks good Cain, hope it comes together! smile_o.gif

Q.

A separate general query....

Could file sizes be displayed for a player's file checks?

How about full paths?

ie. Added to the line below..

21:50:00 xxx uses modified data file - Worlds\abel.wrp

I was wondering if this could combat 'modified' worlds with objects removed.

Surely there are only a few 'legit' versions of a particular world (Either normal, Hires etc) with a few particular filesizes.

#Cakes

personal i think it's getting worse.

Every 4th CTI game gets to an end cause someone is using cheats

that depends on what servers you play on, I would say out of all the CTI servers, less then half have uptodate file checks, I updated 3 just last night (88th, Kaos, Devgru) with our latest file checks with xtras for various leagues

Devgru would like me to wright a How to use/how to guess what is what FAQ, I will be doing this this this weekend for them

in the mean time you wont really see the better server admins posting there file checks to the genpub

Is it possible to use wildcard characters in filechecks?

i.e. instead of specifically looking for file 1234.dll, placing x.dll in the check, with x representing any character?

That does not make my answer any less true. Modified wrp is modified wrp. Nobody has to use them in mp. And no admin is forced to act on that message. All i did was answer the question. Modified texures do not cause this messages, modified islands do. What the admin makes of this is his decision alone.

not my fault your post is incorect, just because you have not seen mods give the map errors does not make every wrp a cheat, you need to get out more and open your eyes

the fact remains actual map cheats are so advance they bypass every file check and dont seem to understand that fact, you had a hissy fit when an RN conected with a cheat to your server, what you missed was the 10 other test we made that by passed your server's file checks but not ours smile_o.gif

mabey you should test shit like we do (throroughly) before you post false info

Is it possible to use wildcard characters in filechecks?

i.e. instead of specifically looking for file 1234.dll, placing x.dll in the check, with x representing any character?

any i have tested have failed, but if BIS would fix that it would be a major help for files run in side the OFP folder

we actually discused a pre map in league maps that places all the players randomly some where on the map with 8 AI surrounding him, only 1 AI is visable (mabey two) and the others will be placed behind structures, the cheater, would then see more then 2 AI, player would then have to kill both AIs b4 the game starts and it would report publicy (after he has killed two) what the player can see through

so you would have to kill two visible randomly placed AI thru a script and if the any of the others are killed the game would report it in public chat, player not cheating would look aroung and see some houses, bushes, and two AI, the cheaters would see 3-8 AI and would have to guess what AI to shoot

smile_o.gif

we actually discused a pre map in league maps that places all the players randomly some where on the map with 8 AI surrounding him, only 1 AI is visable (mabey two) and the others will be placed behind structures, the cheater, would then see more then 2 AI, player would then have to kill both AIs b4 the game starts and it would report publicy (after he has killed two) what the player can see through

so you would have to kill two visible randomly placed AI thru a script and if the any of the others are killed the game would report it in public chat, player not cheating would look aroung and see some houses, bushes, and two AI, the cheaters would see 3-8 AI and would have to guess what AI to shoot

smile_o.gif

I've proposed something similar myself to WGL:

Every map has a 30 second intro. The camera moves from flag to flag, and every player must record this intro then upload it to the WGL site. Anyone with missing textures, buildings or multi-colored troops will be spotted a mile off.

OR just place this bright light that ofp have in all the buldings, if u ever would see through it, u would still never be able to gain any good from it since your screen will be filled with 20 bright lights

mode: /offtopic

lol Hubertus from the shit OFP cheater website quote my last message in their own forum...

Hey Hubertus, as you read what we say here, can you send me all the mail adress from your members forums please... ? biggrin_o.gif

Anyway i will have your head soon.... ;)

Black.

He is german. He was member of the yeng cheating group, which died, then there was smog with what was left of yeng, but that seems to be dead too by now. Only tkc is left. Hope they die soon too, but i don't think so. Yeng and smog were noobs that just leeched off of tkc, but sadly mullah is no noob.

Hubertus is not a noob too, he did many cheat for 1.96, ammo trainer, supercheat with a nice program who rename your folders for u, and still working for new cheat.

And the next on the list is: ID changer with real number for 1.96. Its for the end of the year.

Shame to see BIS do nothing against them.

There is a way to check for modified islands!!!

If you think over the scripting possibilities and the fact that maps can't be hacked anymore you will possibly find the way.

But this scripting solution takes a time! Expect a 30sec intro while the script is running in background.

PS.:

What stupid idea to put AIs arround the player...

The cheater could have modified parts of the island which never are be choosen through randomly test. And even than its only a percentage of 1% to catch someone... think over again.

Look filecheckers cant help us out that much. In CS they still have problems to catch cheaters, they had this cheats for a long time now. Only way is to spectate a guy and come to a conclusion if hes gameplay is of a over class or just noobish cheating.

Atleast what i think since they are os inaccurate.

Sicilian - thanks for your efforts with your filechecker. I have put it on my forums at TNT League for players to try. What about releasing a program that recognises IP addresses? Then when we find a cheat we can ban him for good - no matter if he has an ID changer or whatever else. Also see my other topic on filecheckers in the general forum here. A few ideas that maybe somebody could implement? Basically I was wondering why BIs dont release a program that checks all the original OFP folders and files and reports if any files are there that shouldnt be or ones that are different in file size than the original ones (modified G36's for example).

Perhaps dedicated BIS servers is the way to go in the future which checks everyones game when they log on. It works for Ultima Online and a few other games, it would also mean more people would play because they wouldnt have to spend out on a clan server.

Sicilian, I would be grateful if you could give me some private advice on the best way to make maps as soundproof as possible against cheats. I have just formed a mapmaking team which is starting work on maps for the next TNT season and any help with them to make them watertight against cheatfiles would be really appreciated. Please PM me if you have any ideas.

And as for TKC, Im sure there are a few people more knowledgeable than me that could perhaps pay them a little visit and take them offline for a while? My own site has been hit by hackers at least 5 times now, so isnt it time that one of these hacker dudes did a little favour for the good guys?

Theres more than one way to catch a cheat... ehem

Marshal Law

TNT Owner

http://www.tntleague.com wink_o.gif

And as for TKC, Im sure there are a few people more knowledgeable than me that could perhaps pay them a little visit and take them offline for a while? My own site has been hit by hackers at least 5 times now, so isnt it time that one of these hacker dudes did a little favour for the good guys?

Whatever the intentions behind the actions talk of that nature is not acceptable on the forums, hacking a server is illegal, whether you agree or disagree with what they are doing, any conversations about illegal actions will not be tolerated on these forums.

Yeah, lets them ruin our favorite game...

And if people discuss on here hacking their website and their ISP finds it and sues us what do you think will happen to the company that makes your favourite game? Use your head please.

Quote[/b] ]And if people discuss on here hacking their website and their ISP finds it and sues us what do you think will happen to the company that makes your favourite game? Use your head please.

Yes, it was a bad idea to write this here... But you cant take the responsability to 29000 members.

Anyway, it was a joke, please ppl dont hack their shit website biggrin_o.gif

And thx for your help in our war against cheaters.