Sign in to follow this  
ThudBlunderQ8

Ferret news? Please?

Sitrep - Situation Report.

It's current state is, it's all there apart from the lower detail view lods, I've been scratching my head for a while wondering how I can cut the polys down for them.

Quote[/b] ]I've been scratching my head for a while wondering how I can cut the polys down for them.

Is this a show-stopper, DeLiltMon?

Not necessarily, it's just that most of the poly's seem to have gone into forming the hull making it difficult to cut them down without losing the shape of the ferret.

When I was playing around with it, the only problem I encountered was the shading (sharp + smooth edges) were somewhat messed up.

Here's a ferret I saw outside of my house and five hundred miles North (a rare trip to the outside world).

flam2.jpg

and dressed up flamingos http://www.tacticalblunder.com/flam.jpg

That and the drivers hatch opened the wrong way (up instead of down) which I've corrected.

I can release it as is, but since it only has the one exterior view lod which is in the 3000 poly region it really could do with some lower poly lods to go with it.

*edit

Those flamingos are freaky crazy_o.gif

Well, I can't wait for this (especially if it comes in UN colours) as my dad drove them in Cyprus during the 70s. In fact, if someone would make a Larnika taxi-drivers addon to fight with and some beer addons, I could make a campaign out of his time out there wink_o.gif

Kooky,

I was a L/Cpl at Ayios Nikolaos between 1974 and 1976, before having my brain removed and becoming a helicopter driver. Was your Dad by any chance with the 14/20th? Best bunch we ever worked with... smile_o.gif

Delighted to hear all this positive news on progress - can't wait!

Yeah, he was 14/20th. Small world! I think he enjoyed himself out there as his gang made a mini-bar at one point out of wooden crates and furniture they found.

Who were you with mate?

And on-topic, is there going to be a .30cal version as well as a GPMG version, or just one of them?

DeLiltMon & Co.,

Did the weekend bring this little wonder any closer to realisation?

Just curious, not nagging at all - much! biggrin_o.gif

wow_o.gifcrazy_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

I hope you didn't loose too much data (and I'm not just thinking about the ferret). Hope you can recover most of the stuff.

Luckily there was a copy of the ferret my ftp space, but I've lost all the layered photoshop textures for the land rovers as well as the p3d files for other varients I was working on and a few other things as well  sad_o.gif

Luckily there was a copy of the ferret my ftp space, but I've lost all the layered photoshop textures for the land rovers as well as the p3d files for other varients I was working on and a few other things as well  sad_o.gif

Arg that is idd bad things what can ever happen sad_o.gif

I had last 3 years 2 times HDD crash I know how it feels.

Hope you had someone else from UKF who had a beta or alpha version of the LR with textures wink_o.gif

I've got the textures in paa and pac format but I no longer have them in jpg, psd or tga format.

I've got the textures in paa and pac format but I no longer have them in jpg, psd or tga format.

You can open up the paa and pac in texview and save it as TGA and open it in PS and save them in jpg or any other format you want wink_o.gif

But I am sure you allready know this wink_o.gif

As for the LR the newer variants if you had no backup of them or any friend who had the beta models think with your skills you can edit your released version wink_o.gif

Yeah, it's more the layered psd files for the camo versions that I could do without losing, no way of editing the pattern anymore.

That's VERY bad news  sad_o.gif

I'm very sorry to hear that. Have you tried to recover stuff from the disk. I know there are programs and other ways to recover data from a crashed drive. I'm not sure how it work, but it may be of help to you.

The textures is a sad story.

this reminds me; time to back-up some of my own stuff before a years work disappears with my disk

edit;

hellfish, you may be right...

Yeah, tried them all, including sticking it in the freezer overnight, I did manage to get a few clicks out of it this morning when I tried it, and nearly froze my fingers to it trying to connect it up!

you could try "getdataback" (w/o the quotemarks),

a friend used it alot of times sucessfully and also got data back which he wasn´t even searching for.

i wish you luck  smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]This Ferret is cursed.
gotta agree  sad_o.gif

I think that may have been one of the many I tried, not sure, will check when I get home from work.

Whether the Ferret is cursed or not, it will be finished, although I need to order a ned drive first, a nice 200gig one should do the trick.

Had a bit of a break from the 'puter - family were out here visiting from a very damp-sounding UK. DeLiltMon - very sorry to hear about the meltdown, hope I didn't provoke it with my nagging. Did you manage to get anything back from the debris?

Nah, it's completely dead sad_o.gif I've ordered a 200gig drive to replace it, won't be able to do anything on the Ferret until it arrives.