Sign in to follow this  
Silent N Deadly

Military / Spy / War / Action Books

Jason Munk, ex-CIA agent, gets the task to prevent Igor Kamorov (probably another name) from taking over the power in Russia.

biggrin_o.gif

where are the Frederick Forsyth fans? Am I the only one? mad_o.gif

No sir, count me in smile_o.gif

'Flight of the Intruder' by Stephen Coonts was very good book about a carrier pilot caught in air war over Vietnam

'Stalingrad' by Anthony Beevor, detailed and thrilling book about the battle

'A Bridge Too Far' and 'The Longest Day' by Cornelius Ryan, they're classics in detailed war books covering both sides

'Bravo Two-Zero' by Andy McNab, very good account also...

'Kruschev Remembers', by Nikita Kruschev, quite honest book about Stalin and Soviet politics by the man himself.

Jason Munk, ex-CIA agent, gets the task to prevent Igor Kamorov (probably another name) from taking over the power in Russia.

biggrin_o.gif

Surry, I can't see the difference between the u and the u wink_o.gif

If you're a Cornelius Ryan fan, you'll definatly like the books of Ambrosius. Everyone knows BoB, but D-Day is also a good book.

If anyone can find a copy of Arc Light I promise you'll never want to read another war book again because you'll just want to read it over and over. He kicks Tom Clancy's ass.

It's really that good.

or through i hate the "who kick who ass" saying(well they have quite a difference base you know), i agree that this is a great book, well i wont read it over and over ad over again not to read other war novel as it is pretty dump for a reader, but it is normal if you read it for atless twice.

The Forgotten Soldier by Guy Sajer is an incredible book. Sajer was a half-French, half-German soldier who fought on the Eastern Front, and the book goes from his basic training in Poland to the end of the war. It's an excellent book because he captured the futility of war as only a veteran of the Eastern Front could. It's also incredibly refreshing to see things from the perspective of a German soldier. Bear in mind that it's about five hundred and sixty pages long though!

Well you can try Andy McNab, he's an awful writer but you know he knows what he's talking about. The books just ooze authenticity and experience.

ChickenHawk by Robert Mason - Excellent

I used to like Tom Clancy, however after reading all 13 books in order I started to realise he was a bit too obsessed with god and coffee ... plus the yanks always win tounge_o.gif

I prefer to read more light stuff mainly, it's my escapism.

Bravo Two-Zero especially of McNab's books...at least of the non-fictional ones.

What was the name of the ex-Detla guy who wrote that book about his time in Delta Force? Something with Eric, I remember. His book was fun to read, and also impressive.

I used to read Chris Ryan, but the guys in his books are always 45 years old sergeants. McNab 'grows', I think that he'll once write books like Forsyth (not quality wise but stroy wise).