Sign in to follow this  
AdmiralKarlDonuts

Reskinned SEB Nam Huey

The SEB/STT Nam Pack Hueys are, IMO, the best Hueys currently available.

It would be awesome if someone could take those Hueys and make them standalone, in Army colors, with stock OFP pilots. This is already halfway done with STT's Spec Op UH-1H, but it's all black. It would just be a matter of slapping the Nam UH-1H textures on it.

Also, it would be equally as awesome if someone could take the UH-1H Dustoff from the Nam pack and make it a standalone addon in a similar fashion.

Naturally STT would have to approve of it.

I'm asking because I have no idea how to do it, and I think it would be a great addon for the Cold War period. Non-Nam Hueys have been done by Martin, but like I said, I think the STT Huey models are far better. Any takers?

The black Spec Op UH-1H is basically public domain, people are welcome to edit it as long as any releases do not conflict with the originals. It's in mlod format so it very easy for people to edit it.

The nam-pack hueys are not for editing. smile_o.gif

Note: some lighting issues need to be fixed on it as well (sharp edges etc)

SelectThis

I've done a standalone one some time ago. But there where all Nam Helos in the pack, and it overwrites the original ones and (like you read before) it's not to edit so I can't release...

But I think this UH-1 Helos would also be great for Resistance

Hmmm interesting...I take it that's going to be part of your mod though?

Anyway I was actually thinking more of a generic non-Nam chopper, since for example the National Guard guys near my old house flew Hueys up until about 3 years ago. Plain old green Hueys would be a nice alternative - or complement - to the Black Hawk in plenty of missions.

This is what I'm talking about:

UH-1H%20Huey%20Take%20Off%201-%20%20Winston-Salem,%20NC%207%20Sep%202003.jpg

The paint looks a lot darker, there's no black on the nose and no nose art or anything. If somebody could make the Spec Ops Huey look like that, that would be perfect.

Incidentally, my attempts to learn 02 are not going well tounge_o.gif

*EDIT* And here's a picture of one from the Rhode Island Air National Guard - slightly better shot. Note the stains on the tail boom from the engine exhaust.

uh1-b.jpg

SEAL84 that's an awesome idea. There was a project as you mentioned I think for reskinning the UH-60Ls to the dark OD paint scheme. I don't know if that's on hold or what, but both those reskins would be a great addition for a generic OFP mission. Also is there any chance along with a reskin the older M60 MG model could be replaced by the newer model by INQ or John Rambo's version. That combined with a dark OD camo scheme would be a great addition to SelectThis' UH-1. Just a thought. Thanks

Yeah, Silent Pro was working on the reskin of the BAS Black Hawks...STT didn't allow model editing though, so some of the changes he wanted to make have been ruled out. The last I heard he was still working on it though.

Maybe SP could make this his next project... wink_o.gif

I'm still hoping someone might bring THIS to the discussion table... biggrin_o.gif

Sorry the Darksharks used UH1C and B models. the model that editing is allowed on is a Hotel or Delta. Signifcantly larger newer model Huey

Do your thing. I for one think it'd be cool to either see an m60 huey or some kind of like, m249 version, whichever they do. I don't know. A marine huey would be nice to see. Isn't the USMC mod doing that one?

Yeah but the birds in the nam pack are off limits.. Have to pu the shark mouth on the H or D that is allowed to be edited