Sign in to follow this  
newiy

Generic OPFOR

Do you guys prefer the guy on the right or on the left?

Or should I keep both? The guy on the left is easier to spot.

Comparison.jpg

EDIT: Now you see it.

Who are they?

Leave both - this guy on left can be for desert island or sth like that smile_o.gif

They are 'nobody'. Hence generic. wink_o.gif

I put in the ability to change the armpatch so they could be somebody if you wish...

Another pic: Yellow ERDL with bandana

bandanaguy.jpg

What he needs is a model with short sleeves (umm... help? I need hints on how to do that). And an ammobelt (I should be able to do this).

Have you tried looking at Army Surplus websites for pictures of equipment, webbing and clothing?

EDIT: Nice work so far, looking forward to these. smile_o.gif

the left one looks a bit like the belgian uniform.

a generic army (normal technology) or paramilitary/guerilla/terrorist kind of OPFOR would be nice smile_o.gif

preferably with vehicles n stuff  wink_o.gif

Nice work newiy smile_o.gifwink_o.gif

My opinion is they look a little to yellow for my likeings though.

But if its ya first time modeling and texturing, ya doing a bamn nice ass job and yo have my appluse for that. smile_o.gif

Well your doing better than me wink_o.gif Keep at it smile_o.gif

Hi,

Just a couple of screenshots of the Lowlands Warrior desert OPFOR:

africanofficer_001.gif

desertopfor_001.gif

For BFS (Belgian Forces Studio) the same set of figures will be reskinned to portray forces for a possible Congo/Zaire or Rwandan scenario, with rubber boots and a combination of Warsaw Pact rain drop, French Lizard and Woodland camouflage patterns to match the local type of forces.

Regards,

Sander

Wow, they do look really nice.

I'm gonna have a hard time matching your standards. tounge_o.gif

EDIT: Grammar

Hi,

Your work looks very promising too. In the near future I intend to release a download with the templates I use to reskin the kmm international infantry. That should make things easier for people who want to skin soldier models.

Regards,

Sander

Ivan Butcha made some units awhile ago which made some pretty good opfor the Malden Army of Liberation (MAL) and Free Everon Militia. head over to ofp.info and go to the units section, i reckon there not bad even though there getting abit aged now. smile_o.gif

There are some good "generic Tangos" out there, but, as has been pointed out, a unified pack with common weapons etc. would be great.

I've always liked Admiral Ducksauce's guerillas:

th_Spec4_190504.jpg

-big pic-

I would really like to see some high tech terrorists/mercs/ and stuff.

That would be sexay

Also opens up a gateway for people to make their own designs and get away from accurate crap like Camo.

Mate I did a thread a few weeks back on generic opfor, theres some good ideas in it if your still looking for inspiration.

Rather than starting a new thread I thought I'd ask here...

Anybody know about any decent Guerilla type units that our on the EAST side (preferabley without addon dependencies)? All the good units are on the resistance side and so are the army I want them to fight against sad_o.gif

They are 'nobody'. Hence generic. wink_o.gif

I put in the ability to change the armpatch so they could be somebody if you wish...

Give 'em into my hands biggrin_o.gif

I hope to see some less uniform terrorists.  As it stands, those terrorists look more like some foreign army, way disciplined n stuff.  Terrorists don't fight like an army though.  Thats why when they commit acts they don't look like an army because one look at six guys sneaking into your country with foriegn uniforms on and you'll see that they're going to do something.  They're unconventional and hence should look more casual.  Now, when we get to talking about terrorists, we're talking the people who terrorize civillians to change world affairs.  If you're talking about a paramilitary organization like FARC (also known as terrorists in some circles, but not in uniform when they act) they wear a uniform when together in their little jungle hideaway.  The smarter terrorists dress casual though.  No sense in doing a terrorist addon if they look just like a foreign army, but you don't have to take my word for it.  Now if you do want the uniformed terrorists like the ones that stormed the russian school or the theatre there, they cover their faces when wearing a uniform.  I hope that makes you feel better. Oh and they show no rank, nor affiliation as well. Who's going to sit at home and make a special patch for the drapings before they blow themselves up? you know? So yeah remember that too.

i voted for Paramilitary/Terrorists/Mercenaries/Guerrillas

bas tonali, the bushfire... those are good generic opfor.. but thier "black" so how long til we get the "see that! the white man always gunnin the black man down" in the forums?

i mean hell i made a kamikaze watermelon launcher and it was an 8 page discussion on how i was racist for making it crazy_o.gif

a think a good generic opfor would be good. not that i "hated" the russians, but in light of recent events has caused me to give em a second look. so it wouldnt be so bad to play russian soldier as a "good guy" for once smile_o.gif but at the same time.. id perfer not to be shooting american soldiers and vehicles crazy_o.gif

the resistance troops are nice.. but after playing the campaigns knowing thier back story it feels a lil wrong

so generic opfor would be great. you could do the russian chech war, russian gorgian (even if a fictional mission or two)

you could do even a basic nogovan resistance vs drunkin milita

my only suggestion is if you do it, that however many models/camo schemes you do... that you place one of each on the west - east- resistance sides. that way we coudl do joint ops. would be nice to see a russian-american coalition mission or two smile_o.gif

Those are the uniformed guys, for when you want Russia or US to invade a small country or peacekeeping ops. unclesam.gif

I'm also making the non-uniformed guys, don't you worry.They just require some modelling (and alot of texturing), that's why I can't show much of them now.

Also, I've been looking at those pics in the other thread and are trying to do something along those lines too.

I think "anything" new for an OPFOR is good myself.

But, I'd like to see some arab style terrorists just because we really dont have any.

Some WIP pics:

wip1.jpg

wip2.jpg

Feel free to comment, criticize, advise.

What would really go well with this is a good facepack representing all sorts of people. Then white guys don't have to shoot black guys all the time. Instead, other peoples of all races get to kill and be killed too. wink_o.gif

I'm more confident now, I might even consider doing middle eastern model(s), but they won't have middle eastern faces. sad_o.gif

But what would really be cool is some Asian faces.