Sign in to follow this  
newiy

Generic OPFOR

I always thought operation flashpoint needed some good generic OPFOR, so I decided to try my hand at making some. But I'm new to addon making (so I'll definitely need some help)! I could definitely do generic, but good?

Right now I need reference pics and anything that'll help make textures. Pics of gear, preferably in OD or Khaki is appreciated. I also need advice on loadout and how to do the webbing...

I've started on some generic jungle units that represent light infantry of a generic army. I'm planning (no promises) for the following camo schemes: Tiger stripe, OD and ERDL. Right now the model is sort of somewhere between the first two choices, but with some modification it could become the third. I'm not sure if I have the skill to do the fourth...

I'll post some pics tomorrow of my work (so you'll know how much help I need). I'm kind of busy right now, so don't expect much activity until at least late october.

EDIT: Here's a pic of a guy in ERDL camo

http://www.freewebs.com/newiy/erdlOPFOR.jpg

EDIT AGAIN: Um... copy and paste the link in your browser window.

I really don't mind. biggrin_o.gif

I'd like to get an Idea as to what these OPFOR are like.

Perhaps you would like to see what I have to offer first? wink_o.gif

Generic Army (Normal) - I'm waiting for Nogova Army. There is Tonal Gouverment Army too.

Generic Army (Hi Tech) - What country army it should be?

Paramilitary/Terrorists/Mercenaries/Guerrillas - Oh yeah! We've got mercenaries (BAS), but i think there should be other one (maby sth like Black Waters Inc.?).

We've got guerrillas too - very nice retextured addon by Edge, but there should be sth new smile_o.gif

Middle East Resistance - There is Middle East addon. I would like to see sth like OpFor from VBS.

I'd like something like a regular low-tech army which aren't country-specific, especially with the ERDL camo (which IIRC has ever been done in OFP), it could make some good European and South American (even maybe Asian) OPFOR.

A generic "Paramilitary/Terrorists/Mercenaries/Guerrillas" would be nice too, with mixed items as uniforms (a bit like with Edge's resistance), but adapted to various climates. And I may suggest that the paramilitary guys only get OD fatigues.

The middle Eastern Resistance has been done on several occasions in OFP, but never in a satisfactory way. As Lenin said, what we need is something in the taste of the VBS mid-east OPFOR, but we'd also need some well equipped guys a bit like the PLO paramilitaries and terrorist organisations.

The choice is hard tounge_o.gif

Perhaps you would like to see what I have to offer first? wink_o.gif

Go to our forums (register first) and you can take a look, look for topics called generic forces and OPFOR.

I you feel we can help each other out, feel free to contact me smile_o.gif

I'd like something like a regular low-tech army which aren't country-specific

I was thinking about something like that at work yesterday but it'd have to have vehicles etc. aswell not just troops (like what NAFP are doing) so you could make decent missions etc. I'd like to help out with something like this but im still learning to model and I dont have alot of spare time right now sad_o.gif

@Ironsight:

Thanks, I'll check out the site.

@Munk:

Don't worry, I'm really busy too and still learning O2. Some of the help I need now is just plain reference pics and pics to derive textures from. Suggestions for webbing is especially welcome...

Buttpack, ammopouches, vests, harnesses, handheld radios, backpacks, ammo belt, headgear... I'm still considering my options.

Well, I need and I need a good sleeve texture. A generic cloth texture is good too.

@ran:

Yep, that was initially the idea. So the pics I'm looking for are of smaller, obscure armies (those kind of armies some major power are going try to beat up sooner or later unclesam.gif). Good pics of them are REALLY hard to find.

I'm also interested in good paramilitary pictures. Currently my idea of paramilitary is guys in a black top and camo pants.

FDF mod also has some very nice ill-equipped opfor rebels and a nice paramilitary force that look failrly generic on the east side. check those out!

FDF mod also has some very nice ill-equipped opfor rebels and a nice paramilitary force that look failrly generic on the east side. check those out!

Yep, those would be my choice too, they are very neutral and high quality.

Someone was making some SA and European terrorist....I saw it on ofp.info along time ago. He made the african millitants before the Tonal ones. rock.gif

Someone was making some SA and European terrorist....I saw it on ofp.info along time ago. He made the african millitants before the Tonal ones. rock.gif

Bibmi? I fear he isn't with us anymore sad_o.gif

The problem is most of the best OpFors we have, like:

Edges Resistance

FDF's Guerillas

Tonal's Mercenaries and Rebels.

Balkans in Lowlands

Lost_Brothers HK Packs

Is that they are split up and usually ride on the back of another addon. Or, their weaponry is older/BIS variants and you would need to INIT-Code or change the configs to better arm them. Basically...its tedious to find these Opfors.

I'd love to see more quality Middle Eastern Opfors and insurgents, and not just a bland almost stereotypical one like the ZZ-top-bearded Islamic Fundementalists. Insurgents who dont all wear headcoverings or Kuffiyas too. biggrin_o.gif

The Tonal Mercs are great, but something like Tonal Militas or VBS1's, where their dress and arnaments vary, and dont look so uniformed-army.

What could really work for resistance or generic opfors, is just to scour the many Infantry addons of OPF, and request the authors to use their camoflague patterns, parts or whole uniforms.

Otherwise, just ranging irregularity in their dress, equiptment and firearms. That fits for any resistance, no matter where the world.

hey! I was actually thinking about starting work on as similar project. Go to this thread for great ideas an reference pictures. it would be cool if they were americas army style, check out that thread for pics.

btw, Im still a 02 noob but I will help you in any way possible, cause ive been wanting to do this myself but im too lazy tounge_o.gif

Ohh yeah...We need a very good OPFOR and another RFOR for like civil war and peacekeeper missions something to put on the ground and fire at.

I would like to see terrorists,paramilitary,mercanaries,and gurillas not for just the middle east but for places like chechnya and yugoslavia serbia and all the other hotbeds in the eastern europe...And then an RFOR for like nogova in a civil war.

,Bikecop

[...]places like chechnya[...]

If you would like to kill some Chechen's (I don't think you would like to play them) check Vit APC pack.

There are some terrorists, who looks like Chechen extremists.

vitapc2s.jpg

Just giving an expample really couldnt hurt to have another chechen rebel model.Because CCM is gone and there is no chechnya island and good OPFOR that are REALLY disorginsed.

Bibmi? I fear he isn't with us anymore  sad_o.gif

Yes. sad_o.gif

Do you guys prefer the guy on the right or on the left?

Or should I keep both? The guy on the left is easier to spot.

Comparison.jpg

EDIT: Now you see it.