Sign in to follow this  
MrZig

Mod folder subdirectories!

Okay, here's a new tip for organising your mod space.

Instead of having.. say.. All of the USArmy addons in @USArmy, and Marines in @Marpat etc, you could have this

@USA\Tanks\Addons

or

@USA\Infantry\Addons

or

@USA\Aircraft\Addons

Etc, now that you have created the subdirectory in the addon folder, and made an addons folder in that, put all your addons you want inside the new \addons folder.

Now go to your OFP shortcut and type something like

Quote[/b] ]C:\Games\OperationFlashpoint\196.EXE -nosplash -mod=@USA\Infantry;@USA\Aircraft;@USA\Tanks

But say if you only want infantry, all you have to do is:

Quote[/b] ]C:\Games\OperationFlashpoint\196.EXE -nosplash -mod=@USA\Infantry

I just found this out, and I tried searching etc, so sorry if this has been posted before.

Just wanted to let people know of my discovery.

Very nice discovery... this will help me alot with my addon organization efforts (I think I have well over 2 GB of addons, so I need it) smile_o.gif

Very nice discovery... this will help me alot with my addon organization efforts (I think I have well over 2 GB of addons, so I need it)  smile_o.gif

I have a similar ton of addons but, frankly, organizing them by subject/mod/era/etc. seems quite sufficient.

I could maybe see me using this method to chop up my "@General" mod folder but I'm not desperate enough yet to do so.

I could see this helping dedicated server addon packs alot, IE

@karr\BCModern

@karr\BCWWII

etc, so you'd only have 1 @karr folder, and everything else is inside there.

Ah, interesting discovery! Although, I'm kinda with Avon, in that it seems fine for me to organize them according to era/mod/etc. But it may come in handy in the future, and thanks for pointing it out!

Ah, interesting discovery! Although, I'm kinda with Avon, in that it seems fine for me to organize them according to era/mod/etc. But it may come in handy in the future, and thanks for pointing it out!

There's one thing I did use this for. I moved all 45 mod folders within my OFP folder into a single new folder named @ModFolders. Now I can more easily view my OFP directory with less clutter.

I am actually surprised that this is considered a new info as i used it since modfolders (and subfolders for the missions folder) became known and i always thought i read on Avon Ladies site that you could put modfolders into subdirectories wow_o.gif

and i always thought i read on Avon Ladies site that you could put modfolders into subdirectories  wow_o.gif

Nope. Search The FAQ for "mod folders". I never mentioned this.

and i always thought i read on Avon Ladies site that you could put modfolders into subdirectories wow_o.gif

Nope. Search The FAQ for "mod folders". I never mentioned this.

Well, what are you waiting for? Update it! biggrin_o.gif