Sign in to follow this  
wildbrumby

Don't want to complain, but...

I just recently got hold of BAS's Tonal Island pack. Excellent addon. I can't get over it. Apart from a little bit of lag on some of the bigger firefights, it's superb. The problem that I have is with the campaign that came with it: Insurgency. For one thing, I don't like a campaign with hardly any cutsceans in it. Plus, the missions are poorly designed. I've gotten several error messages while playing, plus several missions refuse to end. I normally love BAS addons, but Insurgency needs some serious work. Now, an example of a nearly perfect campaign is Red Retallation. No THATs! Good!

Well...

I agree with you regarding the script errors in some of the missions, especially "Internal conflict".

But the scripting of the intro cutscene is imho absolutely great. You remember that boy trying to escape on his motorcycle?

One of the best shot cineastic cutscenes i've seen so far.

Topic fixed, you aint pinning this one on us wink_o.gif

Topic fixed, you aint pinning this one on us  wink_o.gif

ROFL Placebo tounge_o.gif.  You want no part of this at all do you tounge_o.gif.

I agree the Insurgency campaign was not the greatest ever, but remember, the same guy (Nagual) made the island, campaign, and tons of objects for it.  He did a ton of work, so I can't blame him for rushing the campaign a bit.  I know one of the BAS Tonal-Tango patches fixed a bunch of campaign problems, so check ofp.info for them (I THINK it was patch #1).

ROFL Placebo tounge_o.gif.  You want no part of this at all do you tounge_o.gif.

I agree the Insurgency campaign was not the greatest ever, but remember, the same guy (Nagual) made the island, campaign, and tons of objects for it.  He did a ton of work, so I can't blame him for rushing the campaign a bit.  I know one of the BAS Tonal-Tango patches fixed a bunch of campaign problems, so check ofp.info for them (I THINK it was patch #1).

No... ebud (mostly) + selectthis did almost all of the objects.

Oh, sorry for my error and thanks for correction Blackdog smile_o.gif. But still, Nagual did a ton of work on it, we can't deny that smile_o.gif.

Yea, I agree. The first cutsceen was absolutely great. I just would have liked to have seen more in the campaign. Guess I've been spoiled by playing Retallation too much. Damn, they use a cutsceen every 10 minutes there!

Try CSLA2, its got a small movie for an intro and tons of cutscences, i prefer to get straight to the action myself though.

Haha, first time i come here in 6mths or so and i see this.

Sorry to burst ya bubble there blackdog, but i did make an awful lot of objects, bridges, palms, houses, airport, rebels stuff, and fiddled with virtually every model in the island addon, had ta get off my ass and learn modelling to do so, so i think i remember. Ebud did make some models and texture most of them, and ST did help with some stuff, and dont forget evis with most of those little white houses. Maybe your getting confused with the opfor?

Haha, first time i come here in 6mths or so and i see this.

Sorry to burst ya bubble there blackdog, but i did make an awful lot of objects, bridges, palms, houses, airport, rebels stuff, and fiddled with virtually every model in the island addon, had ta get off my ass and learn modelling to do so, so i think i remember. Ebud did make some models and texture most of them, and ST did help with some stuff, and dont forget evis with most of those little white houses. Maybe your getting confused with the opfor?

I knew Nagual did most of the objects biggrin_o.gif. I was right all along tounge_o.gif.

Anyway, if your looking for a good campaign on Tonal, try Operation Icare. It's pretty good and uses the recently released OFrP units smile_o.gif.