Sign in to follow this  
ebns72

preserved german t34

From the wwiionline forums, found this very interesting. I don't know how long ago this was, but a german (yes, german!) t34 was pulled out of the water, and it was so well preserved they could actually get the thing's engine running! Its kinda creepy, here's a link to the forum page:

t34

Wow! Despit having its engine missing/removed, the super brewster is good, intanct condition. Though water can also be destructive, I guess it also has some presertive values, as far as traffic goes...nothing to run over it, nothing to pile ontop of it....

Thats pretty cool that its in that good of a condition after sitting there for so long. Too bad nothing like that could ever turn up by me.

It looks to be in remarkable condition for what it is and where it was found. wow_o.gif

*starts poking with a stick in the mud nearby* sad_o.gif

really, that's freaky to see, prolly it won't drive anymore, but still... they should make some of those WWII tanks... just to show them in a diffrent way other then a rusty piece of junk you aren't allowed to touch...

*starts poking with a stick in the mud nearby*  sad_o.gif

really, that's freaky to see, prolly it won't drive anymore, but still...  they should make some of those WWII tanks... just to show them in a diffrent way other then a rusty piece of junk you aren't allowed to touch...

I am visiting a guy's house who has a Stuart tank and a Halftrack :P

Of course, not for sale, as they are both running, fully restored, and used by reenactors. And the halftrack supposedley has twin 50 cals.

I bet there are plenty more to be found. Like in France, many tanks sunk into the mod. Now, a lot of them has been found and dug out.

It was verry common for other nations to use enemy tanks but the only thing that it´s really weird is that it´s so verry well preserved, lol only restored ones are in that conditions. Wish they found a german in there that has been waiting to get out for 50 years.