Sign in to follow this  
Silent Pro

Updated UH-60 Blackhawks for OFP

So far i have near completion two UH-60 variants...

UH-60L(MG)

UH-60L(2x FFAR and fuel tanks)

I was thinking of doing a medevac version and perhaps an AT version loaded up with hellfires.

This project could not be possible without BAS, particularly Tigershark.

And now some screenshots...

Screen 1

Screen 2

Screen 3

Screen 4

Screen 5

So is there a demand for these? I know the Config replacement guys would be interested, but what about everyone else?

Also if you have any ideas as to the other variants you may think are relevant please post them here.

They look nice, release 'em. I would also like to see the medevac version smile_o.gif

These are US Army variants, the MG version is just a reskin of the BAS UH-60L. However the UH-60 with 2x FFARS and fuel tanks was a modification of the AH60L DAP. The medevac version will be in need of some model tweaking as well.

Sorry what i meant was more armaments ie Miniguns,M60,M240 an the reallife varients, ive never seen the FFAR type helo in OFP in RL.

Hi all..look very nice man...good work!  wink_o.gif

1question....why don't try do do a Black hawk (or another helicopter version like Heuy) with 2 genner position...like the multi gun position made by Colonel_Klinkhere

unclesam.gif

Hi all..look very nice man...good work!  wink_o.gif

1question....why don't try do do a Black hawk (or another helicopter version like Heuy) with 2 genner position...like the multi gun position made by Colonel_Klink herehere

unclesam.gif

two words, Pitch and Roll.

It aint possible as far as we have been told.

I chose that variant as a direct replacement for the BIS version for the config modders. That variant may not be a common one but according to FAS.ORG the variant is possible, as they can mount anything on those pylons that is compatible with the system and im sure ffar pods would be one of those items.

As for the different MG's, i think that might be a good way of mixing things up. However i dont know of any systems other than the m60, .50 cal m2, m240 and 7.62 m134 that are being deployed on these blackhawks.

my only request is that seat are put into the cargo cabins like in the original BIS models...as far as I know UH-60s always have seats in the cabin unlike the "special use" blackhawks and pavehawks that usually have the taken out. A new pilot model would be nice too biggrin_o.gif

I chose that variant as a direct replacement for the BIS version for the config modders. That variant may not be a common one but according to FAS.ORG the variant is possible, as they can mount anything on those pylons that is compatible with the system and im sure ffar pods would be one of those items.

As for the different MG's, i think that might be a good way of mixing things up. However i dont know of any systems other than the m60, .50 cal m2, m240 and 7.62 m134 that are being deployed on these blackhawks.

awsome idea! these will fit in perfect with y2k3 mod

these might possibly be variants that bas could not afford to do, so if they give you the go ahead, do it up!

I would like to see a Black Hawk with Two pilots and a gunner.Is that possible.Also i would like to know what helicopters the Marines use for general insertion.And has someone already made it...

Looks great. And medevac is really what is missing.

It is possible to make "lift" too? (i mean OFP limitations)

And hmm, by the way - if u r working on UH-60, errr maybe MH-47 to CH-47 (just idea) ?

Quote[/b] ]1question....why don't try do do a Black hawk (or another helicopter version like Heuy) with 2 genner position...like the multi gun position made by Colonel_Klinkhere

Boats can have multiple guns because they remain fairly stable. Helos alter their pitch all of the time, meaning that people have to stick with the OFP engine's limitation of one gun position per vehicle.

I would like to see a Black Hawk with Two pilots and a gunner.Is that possible.Also i would like to know what helicopters the Marines use for general insertion.And has someone already made it...

OFP only allows one driver position...there's a thread on this in Editing and Scripting - you'll have to use a script to make the pilot and copilot instantly switch positions when the pilot dies.

Also, the USMC uses the UH-1 Huey as it's utility chopper, and the CH-46 is the medium-lift chopper.  AFAIK both are under construction - NZXSHADOWS is the author, I think.

But I'm glad to see somebody working on regular Blackhawks - IMO we have plenty of Special Ops variants (which personally I never use). Regular UH-60s will have a permanent place on my HD.

You might also want to remove the aux fuel tanks in the rear...and add seats as someone mentioned.

Nice work  smile_o.gif

so im takin it that you approve of this little project?

hooray!

OFP only allows one driver position...there's a thread on this in Editing and Scripting - you'll have to use a script to make the pilot and copilot instantly switch positions when the pilot dies.

Sorry if i wasn't clear,But what i actually meant was the pilot and co-pilot aswell as the gunner.I can't understand when the helo has no door gun position he sits in the left seat but when there is a door gun position the left seat is vacant and i would like to see an additional co-pilot there,or would that then be classed as having Two gunner positions. crazy_o.gif I've gotten myself all confused.I need to lie down for a bit...

Glad to see so much interest!! biggrin_o.gif  I will take the suggestion about adding the seats back into the blackhawks, but I will miss seeing those BAS cargo proxies. sad_o.gif As for the pilot, co-pilot deal...i dont think it's possible to have two pilot or two gunner positions on any vehicle in OFP.