Sign in to follow this  
skeg_man

ADF SASR RELEASED v1.0

@eleanor - All the weapon configs have been updated, there were a few problems that i didn't see/hear.

@skeg_man

whew...ok, good to hear it's just beta blood. biggrin_o.gif

Damn fine variety of units btw, looking forward to next release. smile_o.gif

@benus

Ive seen navy seals use glasses like those. polorized lenses and there slightly tented a color. it helps keep glare down and for some people it helps them to focus. you know like they make it easier to see any movement. so dont think there just there to look cool, navy seals could care less about looking cool. wink_o.gif

Cool! We all happy then! LoL, anyways work has been non-stop for me scince the release! LoL, in 2 weeks n a bit ill be on holidays, so the release will come most likely after i get home. Also the damage textures are getting a nice work over! :P Maybe Ill include more units in this release?!?! or should i release the Mercanery's??? Hmmmmm, i'll work on the Army Pilot too!

Excellent job gentlement, these aussies are beaucoup fun. So have you guys completely taken over all of the ADF units??? If so would you mind fixing the Aussie S-70 screw??? There are some white textures on them. Gadday(?) mates!

George

@AOCbravo2004 - Nah, we haven't taken over, just helping out i guess. Its only a 2 man team, but with many peoples help. Also, yeh im fixing up the Army Flight Crew!

That's great news to hear Skeg_Man, absolutely beautiful what you have done with the Aussies units. Also I did notice one thing, the F88 w/M203, it has an Elcan sight on the model, but the view is that of the orignal Steyr Aug sight, simple over looked error.

Someone should retexture Sig's M1's in the camo the Aussie's will use. How many M1's did the ADF buy anyhow???

"Someone should retexture Sig's M1's in the camo the Aussie's will use. How many M1's did the ADF buy anyhow???"

59 was the figure, not many on the world stage I guess.

59 tanks is quite a heavy force. They won't operate alone and of course 59 tanks can't win a war, but still it's a force that can easily spearhead an assault.

There are not much battles in which 59 M1's are used together. 8 is already quite a lot.

D'oh!!! edit;

Sorry; the units look awesome btw. The desert units are incredible. The textures are extremely nice. The only thing I don't like are the desert weapons; textures could be much better.

And you should retexture the backpacks on the recon guys. There are large surfaces with stretched textures. They don't look good and ruin the model. For the rest it's great, it's just those two strechted surfaces (or three).

yeh sorry skeg but i dont like em much either tounge_o.gif im using mine.

oh yeh i had already started an M1 aswell it is in very early stages as i stopepd it to gets these done but anyhowi will keep you's guys posted on it if you wont smile_o.gif

well sabre my good man, ya need show us these new textures! LoL, damn ur lazy! Nah just jking! Ill catch ya on soon man. Have a good one

I just got around to looking at these today - very nice! I love the weapons and can't wait to try out that SAW with an Elcan sight.

There's the minor missing textures, but overrall everything looks great. These are definite keepers!

Thanks for the great addon!

Kammak

I don't have any inventory pics for any of the M4/M203s...does anyone else? Didn't see this mentioned in past posts.

Second - the readme says there is an F88 Scope, but instead I found an M4 w/Elcan zoomable "scope" - did this replace the F88 w/Scope mentioned in the readme?

The remaining issues have already been mentioned - 1.5X sight on the F88 Elcan, no GL fire sound on F88s, and some missing textures.

If I've missed an update and all these issues have been fixed, please forgive and point me to the update!

I'd like to start making some missions with these guys, but M4/M203 weapons won't appear in the briefing selection roster even when added to the description.ext file...that plus the missing inventory pics is kind of a show-stopper.

Oh yea - what is the difference between the guys listed as "xxx helmet" and "xxx vest" - where the "xxx" parts are the same?

I see no difference in the models, and most times the two guys have the exact same loadout, so what's the difference?

@Kammak - The F88 Scope is with the DES Airport patrol unit. Inventrory Pic has been fixed, and all the weapons have been updated. All sounds are fixed and all scopes too. Difference between helmet and vest is, basically the head! Ones got a helmet the other a cap. Just giving people the options for each.

Sounds great Skeg_man, is the update available yet?

RE: The helmet/vest thing, is the cap something you added in the update? Because the version I have right now has NO difference between headgear - both "helmet" and "vest" types have a helmet on. They are identical.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, u would be talkin bout the 2RAR guys, yeh the guy marked "vest" is wearing a vest. The Helmet dude, isn't wearin a vest. Ull pick it up if ya look.. LoL. Also the update is still in the works. Shouldn't be long. I've had personal problems to fix. Sorry Guys.

Also, feel free to just call us "Skeg", lol.

I just dl'ed th units and I have to say these are very nice.

BTW is there any ADF vehicles made? Cars, choppers?

yes, there are ADF UH-60 (or S-70's?) released. Search for S-70 on ofp.info

I found one S-70 but the addon is... well obsolote but I'll just have to cope with it I guess.