Sign in to follow this  
sidhellfire

Polish modification - op. carrot - config files.

Welcome,

As you may know (i don't belive it thought). There's bunch of polish players, who are working on polish modification of the Operation Flashpoint : Resistance. Operation Carrot (that's the name of it, funny isn't it? :P) is working on Polish addons, and own config.bin. Unfortunally, while making custom GUI, we're having broblems, because there's only one public original config, that is added to binarize. The main problem is that, under taht config nothing works correctly in result of old version of it (1.85). I know that i could unbinarise config.bin in mine ofp, but files binarized aren't ment to be unbinarized, also I heard about problems with that. The most important thing, that we need original config in v. 1.96 because we can't even test addons with our current cfg.

If that topic was mentioned before - sorry, i couldn't find any info, y fault.

btw. For more information about operation carrot you may found on our website: www.flashpoint.pl/om

also we're showing our work's on forum:

http://www.flashpoint.pl/forum/index.php?c=8

notice: We're not bunch of kid's that had seen a movie and decided to make a few addons. And we won't drop everything in result of boring work. Maybe noone here is interested in polish unit's, but it's important for us.

Greets, SiD.

Use the 1.91 commented config from the breathe site, and the resource stuff from binarize.

Thanks for quick response.

As i know i can trust you, are there any mayore changes between 1.96 and 1.91? Anway binarize has too ald cfg, and don't allow addons to behave properly. I'll check this out

btw. i've noticed that in config 1.91 hasn't got included sections that're provided in binarize. Do i have to include them manually, and class names will be the same?

edit nevermind did myself crazy_o.gif

Hello, it's me again smile_o.gif

sorry for whining, but unforuanlly i'm the first person who's doing this and i can't get anywhere answer.

ok here we go:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

objects[]=

{

ofpl_obiekt

};

class ofpl_obiekt : RscObject

{

idc = IDC_MAP_COMPASS;

// model = "\OFPL_Beryl\OFPL_Beryl.p3d";

// model = "\OFPL_Weapons\OFPL_swd.p3d";

model = "\OFPL_Grom\grom2.p3d";

type = CT_OBJECT_CONT_ANIM;

animSpeed = 0.1;

animation = "\test\bezbeh.rtm";

autoOpen = true;

autoZoom = false;

position[] = {-0.2, -0.25, 0.3};

direction[] = {sin 5, sin 20 * cos 5, cos 20 * cos 5};

up[] = {0, cos 20, -sin 20};

positionBack[] = {0.025, -0.5, 0.6};

inBack = true;

enableZoom = false;

zoomDuration = 1;

scale=0.4;

};

this is part of my menu item (yeah it's freaky, but i think that's awesome)

as you can see i've placed model of GROM soldier (polish special troop) ad addhim an animation. I had problems with running it, but amanged to notice that notebook in options menu has autoOpen variable, to start animation. Nothing special, but there was only one type definied in resincl.hpp, that can handle animations. Unfortunally this animation stops after few seconds - it's not looped. I'm not addonmaker, im unfortunally i'm quite new to ofp scritps. I'm mainly into graphics but i coudn't stick to it (anyway i like editing ofp scripts wink_o.gif. , OK enought of  this bullshit) I hope that someone with some experience can help me out like famous Kegetys.

Questions:

How to loop rtm file.

How to exec animation after it ends, or anything after a peroid of time ( do i have to write external scripts with tylda's?)

How are IDC defined and how they work (notice that i put in class IDC from compass, because item in menu behave like compass, anyway it works well even there's no IDC type defifnied.

How to define own "type" like CT_OBJECT_CONT_ANIM

to moderators - move to different subforum if needed, sorry but didn't noticed others - my fault.

Hope someone will try to answer my whining.

Greets, sid@nd.e-wro.pl | SiD

Anyone could give a hint? Feeling ignored sad_o.gif

I don't want you to make a mod for me, just noone in my team was making such things, even noone in my country crazy_o.gif

I'm thinking about looping animation by the external script, but to do that i'll need to know how to start animation manually, cause autoOpen=1; seems the only way. I know that it's possible, and I won't surrender.

Hmm let's try A&M:D, not sure of the perfect forum for this smile_o.gif

But hey c'mon guys, help him out already crazy_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Maybe to illustrate the problem i'll add an screenshot

grom2.JPG

How to make him do not stop after animation end.