Sign in to follow this  
Zombie_Mod

Questions on unified zombie mod

You'll have to use the gblHuman2ZombieMap array.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">gblHuman2ZombieMap = gblHuman2ZombieMap + ["medic","z_medic"]

This example spawns z_medic units as Zombies when a medic unit class dies. But the unit supposed to be spawnend has to be a real zombie unit.

smile_o.gif cheers for that. Was that always the case? If i have vast amounts of addons in a mission am i better off reverting to an older version?

*Think zombies vs. Napoleonic Wars or something crazy like that...

Maybe it's a feature of the last (beta3) release. For my solution you will have to create your own napoleonic zombie soldier addon. It's not that difficult, but if an older unified zombie mod version spawns "zombie" models (bloody all over) on the fly from any addon unit, then this would be easier.

My zombies keep running in circles before moving in to kill me. Plus, they don't walk at a constant speed. Sometimes they sprint, sometimes they walk, sometimes they stop dead in their tracks. How do I change this?

Always keep the number of Zombies and glbAllTargets as low as possible. - You can always update them any time in the mission.

Speed: They're running without weapons and that's just how it's like in OFP. Some hills they can only walk. Near their targets they stop running.

Circles: First the scripts select a target. Then they order a zombie to move up to it's position. From there the ai controls the moving. This operation updated with small delays (around 1sec) to lower the CPU usage. High CPU usage results in a higher delay. The most perfect approach you will see on stationary targets.

Stop: A bug. More likely to happen when there's much going on. - Or just a feature: Apathetic Zombies smile_o.gif

hey i wonder if any of you could help me, im in the middle of makin a free roamin survival map, and i wondered if there was any way of makin a script so you could talk to people and get them to join ur team, and follow you round and such.

great mod btw notworthy.gif

That's a more general editing question. Search the board for the join command or maybe start a new thread.

How to make zombie's respawn in point? I saw readme and I don't understand.

Make sure you placed "Resurrection Demon" game logic in your mission.

I put that Resurection Daemon. I put zombie level medium and I started game. When I killed them anybody respawned x[

IIRC someone from farmland said they were working on them, and i have a buggy version of zombies who dont magically know where you are lying around somewhere...  smile_o.gif

ofp do you know since when they are working on the scripts?

And this is bugging me since the beggining  but  i just wish i could use the animations with the zombie because when they run and without animations it just look like normal civilian or soldiers running. still fun in some way tho. always love zombies myself wink_o.gif

Also ofp can i have this versions of yours? i hate it when i'm far somewhere in the island and the zombies knows exactly where i am even when 2000+ miles away etc. its not easy to make a mission that way when you want to attack a simple village only to find it empty once there lol

Also ofp can i have this versions of yours? i hate it when i'm far somewhere in the island and the zombies knows exactly where i am even when 2000+ miles away etc. its not easy to make a mission that way when you want to attack a simple village only to find it empty once there lol

In theory i could, but they are based on the original scripts (98%+ is still the same), and i dont have persmission to release them. Also, they are in alpha stage, not very performance friendly and IIRC they had some strange bugs (which i may be able to fix, if i can remember what i had to do).  smile_o.gif

(IIRC i gave them some random walkaround script which gave some problems with targeting targets)

oh shit i found this video. Could someone please tell me how can i have these zombies with theses animations? I beg you someone lol Thats how i need them for my mission.

i can use the animations but only with waypoint and zombies don't use waypoint.

Video is called land of the dead at the bottom of the page

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=9552

That video doesn't show the Unified Zombie Mod addon.

You'll have to edit your own zombie addon to change the animations. Walking animations are included in UZM RC Beta 3 but they are unfinished and therefore not activated.

Commands like setspeedmode will never effect the UZM zombies because their ai is based on a continous script that will override any normal user commands.

Also notice that Cervantes' zombies seem to be scripted only for the movie, I didn't see one with ai. They all get up and begin walking in the direction they're facing. None of them hunts the player.

You can try but I don't think that units ordered to domove will obey it, no matter where.

what are all the names for the zombie sounds.

I know i can do :

playsound "furcoutguy1"

and 2 and 3

But what about the rest of the sounds?

Best would be to depbo your sound addon and then to include the sound samples you need in your mission.

When you look into the config.cpp of the sound pack, you will see that some of the included .oggs are not defined for ingame use.