Sign in to follow this  
bucket man

File I cant delete

So I tried to download the RTW demo with torrent but chaged my mind and cancelled the download. Now theres two files called Torrent Storm 1.3 and a copy of that file on my Personal Files file.

I cant move them, delete them or change their name. I tried Enditall but that didnt help. Any tips on getting rid of the suckers? biggrin_o.gif

Those will not work because I cant shut down the Explorer process. It is not in the taskbar and Enditall cant close it.

I have Windows XP Pro.

When this happens I usually open Notepad, go File -> Open, choose All files instead of just *.txt, find the files, delete. Don't know why that works, but it usually does.

Try uninstalling the demo, then trying to delete it. I had that problem with the america's army installer. After I installed AA, I couldnt delete the install.exe untill I got rid of AA. mad_o.gif

I never downloaded the RTW demo. I ended the download and these files appeared.

And that notepad thing didnt work either. sad_o.gif

torrent storm 1.3 website can be found here

According to the FAQ of that website .

Quote[/b] ]TorrentStorm is a front-end for the Experimental BitTorrent Client.  It maintains your torrent files, and runs the BitTorrent Client in the background, providing all the information you need in the one window.

You should try to uninstall this bittorent thingy to see if the file dependancy stop , allowing you to delete them. You can always re-install your bittorent later if you wish.

You can always make a search on their forum, it seems that other people had those kind of problem with torrentstorm.

If that does not work,

have you tried to reboot your computer in "safe mode" , to see if you are able to delete those files here ? usually it should work on safe mode.

Google "Dr Delete". Very handy, deletes any file (including in-use dlls).

Or reboot, hit F8, choose Command Prompt Only mode, delete the file from a command prompt, type EXIT and press ENTER, restart normally...

First try to rename the file, then try to delete it. Worked perfectly fine for most files I had problems with. Otherwise, I think there are some programms for this out there.

This is how I get rid of worms without using a virus program.