Sign in to follow this  
Helifreak

Problem with Boat

Hi!

I have a problem with my boat, because when it`s on water, it sinks to deep, and comes up again too high (i think in english it`s called "draft"). I noticed that i.e. Col. Klinks boat does not go that deep in the water, but I don`t know why; I have tried to make it lighter (reduce the wheigt), but it didn`t help. Also the different placing of the landcontact points didn`t solve the problem.

greetings Helifreak

I know the problem you mean. When the tide goes back and forth it comes in and out of the boat. I don't know how to fix it other than making the boat higher in the water with LandContacts raised, or try making your floor thicker...if you find a way to fix it, let me know!

Does anybody know how to contact Col. Klink? I think he knows how to solve the problem, but he didn`t answer my mails.

regards Helifreak

Doesn't Col. Klink use these forums? Try PMing him

Sounds like its not cfg propper.

It is behaving more as an object then a boat.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgVehicles

{

class All{};

class AllVehicles:All{};

class Land : AllVehicles {};

class Ship: AllVehicles{};

class BigShip: Ship{};

class gunboat: BigShip

{

but if it is then its just a matter trial and error until you get the boat to sit right and not have the water flood the bottom. Specially with zodiac size boats etc.,

Make the geo lod run deeper in the water

drag the external keel down just enough so it makes contact with water when boat is moving.

Its as the guys above have explained. either make the hull deeper or adjust the landcontact lod.

Sometimes I don't use the this lod and it fixes the problem. Othertimes I have to use it. It is trial and error, I know, but that's the only way of overcoming the problem afaik.

I noticed that most if not all boats with this problem don't move up and down with the waves, like the OFP boats do. I know FDFmod solved this problem between versions 1.2 and 1.3. Just saying, in case somebody would care or just hadn't noticed.

Just checked the BIS PBR2 it partially fills with water too as the sea level raises and lowers.

Also the PBR2 (west) and hrl (east) dont use the landcontact lod either.

I cannot comment on the fdf mod boats however.

I have used land contact lod on 1 and not another model

doesn't seem to make any diff 1 way or the other.

I just make sure the inside hull is slightly higher then the 'high water level'.

I would like to have link for the boat models that move with the water if thats OK. Interesting to see how they did this

I think the cfg is right:

class CfgVehicles

{

class All {};

class AllVehicles : All {};

class Ship : AllVehicles {};

class SmallShip : Ship {};

class BoatW : SmallShip {};

class BWMOD_MBoot3 : BoatW

{

Thanks for your help, I will try the following things and report you if it works:

- delete the landcontact LOD

- making the inside hull slightly higher then the 'high water level'

greetings, Helifreak