Sign in to follow this  
Scud

Hawker Typhoon Mk1A and Mk1B

WW2 Hawker Typhoon - single seat fighter/bomber one of the most effective planes of WW2.

typmk11.jpg

Mk 1A First model of Typhoon

Metal back canopy

Armament:

12 x .303 cal Mguns set in wings

2 x 450lb bombs.

typ222.jpg

Typhoon Mk 1B

Solid frame canopy as 1A but glass back canopy.

Armament:

4 x 20mm machine guns  800 rounds

2 x 500 lb bombs   or  8 x 90lb rockets

Comes in camo and D-Day stripes.

typcplights.jpg

Full lit cockpit

typfire.jpg

typPilot.jpg

All models with random Id Numbering and Kill markings.

Oh yeah one very important thing

This model uses the "ECA_BritP"  as pilot.

* * * Must Have * * *

Britsh Pilot by Vibes  found in the

CORSAIR PACK by Bratty.

(If you haven't got it then do yourself a favour and get a copy)

Enjoy  smile_o.gif  its free

lol and of coz you get it at http://www.ofpbase.com biggrin_o.gif

Top notch work Scud, all your planes are great and I don't doubt ths will be as well. BTW in the last picture is that Sean Connery as a pilot?!

Lookin' nice, although methinks the RAF logo needs somework. Find out how to make textures with transparent bits so you can just apply it to a single flat plane rather than shaping the plane itself. Apart from that it's looking nice.

Thanx for link Bratty

Quote[/b] ]BTW in the last picture is that Sean Connery as a pilot?

lol he does look like it, its just the standard Bis dude I always use.

Nice work Scud. Look forward to flying this!

But i need help i cant seem to get a dl from EDGEFILES can someone add a mirror ?

first pass: bombing run

boats2.jpg

second pass: guns o fun

boats1.jpg

ba-boom biggrin_o.gif

boats3.jpg

that was alot of fun.

bug report: as with the P38 the plane's command name appers as "cessna 182" or "plane" if ur using stock crap.

1A has 4 muzzel flashs where the 20s are on the 1B the mgs have no muzzel effect, also the sound for the MG's doesnt loop right its just silent

Quote[/b] ]but where is the link to d/l it?

http://www.ofpbase.com I can't direct link to zip file but you can find it in the aircraft section.

Quote[/b] ]bug report: as with the P38 the plane's command name appers as "cessna 182" or "plane" if ur using stock crap.

As far as "cessna 182" I can not recreate this with Typhoon or P-38, probably coz its not derived from the "cessna 182" anyway.

typgetinA1.jpg

typgetinrkt.jpg

typgetinplane.jpg

and for saying "plane" well - it is.

rock.gif

My Ofp is stock standard and not polluted with patches etc...

but if others have this problemo with standard game then let me know.

Quote[/b] ]1A has 4 muzzel flashs where the 20s are on the 1B the mgs have no muzzel effect, also the sound for the MG's doesnt loop right its just silent

Yeah I know about the gun flashes (not to concerned re that)

and with sounds if any1 else having problem with it let me know coz in my game its pretty much how I wanted it to be.

I got a bug, whenever I fly low to the ground I see the landing gear as if they were down, when they are stowed away. Anyone else getting it?

And when u lower the gear u see a 2nd pair already lowered too.

You must be flying below 4 meters/13 feet for that to happen

I can adjust to lower. If required

Nah its no big deal. Its only visable if you are at that height and if you are looking at it from the side and in 3rd person.

Besides that excellent work as always, keep it up.

What r u working on now? Or what do you plan to work on? If u dont mind me asking. biggrin_o.gif

Well I got the Typhoon Mk2 Nearly ready, much the same body just full glass canopy, diff camo colours, bit faster and as Madus_Maximus suggested I may touch up on some textures.

typmk2top.jpg

Still working on "Bou" and "Mosi", then there is the usual stuff that never gets released.

Txs for these smile_o.gif

im glad your fixing the textures, also, will u reconsider adjusting FOV of pilot? to enable view of artificial horizon without having to look down?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/colkim/Typhoon%20by%20Scud/typgetinplane.jpg

and for saying "plane" well - it is.

rock.gif

My Ofp is stock standard and not polluted with patches etc...

but if others have this problemo with standard game then let me know.

for stock users it says "plane" for Y2K3 users it says cessna 182 cuz the whole calling the cessna a "plane" rather pissed me off, like when u look at a truck and go "cool car!" pisses me off. . .its got a name. . .call it that. not "plane" anyways thats not what i was getting at. . . im not saying cuz it says "plane" and not "hawker typhoon" pisses me off. . . just reporting the bug.

but anyway. . . check other planes like the spitfire, the corsair, the A10, any other plane. when u put ur commant target cursor over it it sasy "F4U Corsiar" it says "Spitfire MkI" it says "A10" your planes just say "plane" rather then the actualy display name like all the other custom aircraft do. thats what i was pointing out

Screenshot04.jpg

i know its hard to see cuz it faded out but look closely. "Corsair F4U Blacksheep USMC (~Too Tall~)" and not "plane". your custom planes (that u do awesome work on. lovem) all have that bug. from the P38 to the O2. they all say "plane" and not thier actual display name

Just had a look at a few cfg's and can't see any diff between them and mine so if you know how to fix the name problem then let me know.

actualy. i dont lol. and im not half bad with configs tounge_o.gif i honestly dont know whats causing it for you. but whatever it is. it only has that problem for you tounge_o.gif

nice plane none the less. its still fun strafin boats with

Quote[/b] ]it only has that problem for you  

...aint that the truth!  crazy_o.gif

I will run a comb thru a few more cfg's and see what I can find.

edited: Had a look at all my other models and they seem OK ,

boats, vehicles and objects.

That should do it, thanx Pappy ghostface.gif

Hey it worked, got father O'rielly to come round and wave the little black book over it.

While he was here i also set pilot FOV to include art_horizon, increased AI fighting ability and overall plane performance.

Just 1 more thing I am working on then I will let you know when V2 is ready.