Sign in to follow this  
ade_mcc

Top 100 games PCGamer Sept 04

Whats up with everyone?! Has nobody here played the Fallout series? Shame on you! mad_o.gif Neverwinter Knights, Baldurs Gate and wtf else doesn't even come near these post nuclear war RPGs, and nobody (but me) even mentions them? sad_o.gif

I think Mafia was good, much better than the GTA series, but it just didn't feel into my taste enough for it to earn a seat higher than 10.

I think Fallout (1 & 2) were great, but Baldurs Gate beats them with ease. Might be a matter of taste - while I liked the post-apocalyptic setting of Fallout the BG setting felt a bit more complete. Not sure why that is. Anyways, what BG had was a big story that spanned well across both parts & the expansions. With Fallout the stories were much less connected.

I do not agree with you, in Baldurs Gate (someones gonna kill me for this post) I tought the setting were like some random RPG a la fantasy world.

In Fallout 1 & 2 your actions had connection to what happend. And there were loads of connections between the games. Heh. Cafe of broken dreams random encounter somebody? tounge_o.gif

Hi folks, my appologies, I started this thread expecting only a couple of replies, went on holiday for a week and then came back to 6 pages of debate - woosh!

Anyway, just to clarify and I didn't see this mentioned by anyone else, that this is the magazine writers opinion.  The readers opinions are being collated and will be published in a couple of months or so.

Just give 10 nominations, each with a reason, and send them to pcgamer@futurenet.co.uk  (no multiple entires or voting for the same game more than once).

I know which game is #1.  Lists are nice but they wont change my opinion.

The original GTA? It's free! Rockstars released a new version of GTA1 suitable for Win XP smile_o.gif I have it. I even think you can play multiplayer on that. Not sure how it works though (it was several years since i played the original version) So if anyone is interested in some MP action contact me.

YES!!! The Original GTA was one of favorite games of all time. Unfortunately, the original version works like crap on Windows 2000/XP (it is really jerky, even on a 2ghz machine for no apparent reason). Downloading now. biggrin_o.gif