Sign in to follow this  
Kings Crown

Cannot create 3d Device

Hi,

i've got a problem. I just wanted to play OFP but then I suddenly got this error. Yesterday there wasn't this error crazy_o.gif

Picture

I tried:

- adding -nomap

- New clean Installation of OFP (2x Times)

- New Installation of Graphicdrivers (with complete Uninstallation of the old Ones)

My System:

Athlon Xp 2600+

MSI K7N2G NForce2 Mainboard

GeForce 4 Ti 4200 64 MB

512 MB DDR Ram

Thx in advance

PS: I searched the forum for this topic and I found some topic's but they couldn't help me :-/

Sometimes you need to install the latest drivers with the installer, then install DirectX then manually install the drivers through control panel/system/hardware/select gfx card/update driver at least that's what I've had to do more than once over the years smile_o.gif

What version of ofp? -nomap works only 1.94(?) -->

First thx for the fast answers smile_o.gif

@ Schroeder

I'll give it a try ;)

@ Placebo

I'll give it a try ;)

@ turms

1.96... I didn't know that -nomap only works with 1.94

@Grizzlie

As I said already - I had two clean Installation's without any unoffical Addon.

I scanned my PC for a Virus or a Trojan but the scanner didn't find anything

EDIT: Now it works well wink_o.gif

I started dxdiag and deactivated Sound Hardwareaccelaration (I don't know either this is the right word - I'm german ;))

What Turms meant is that -nomap only works on version 1.91 and higher, as you're using 1.96 -nomap works with that version smile_o.gif

Sorry for pushing up the thread again biggrin_o.gif

@ theavonlady: Yes is use onboardound crazy_o.gif

But the strange thing is, that it worked the one day and the day after it didn't work anymore rock.gif

And Thx again for your tips wink_o.gif

If you haven't already check to see if there are new drivers for your soundcard, if not try manually installing them again as I described above smile_o.gif

Placebo I got the newest and since yesterday when I deactivated the Hardwareacceleration for Sound it works.

Greetz

Ahh sorry I thought in your earlier post you were saying it did work but now it doesn't smile_o.gif

I get the exact same message!!!!! Only I have installed a number of addons, all works well, but if I put just one more more addon in the addon folder, this damned message show up. I have an Acer Ferrari 3000 pc, with ATI 9700 card. Does anyone know the solution to my problem? It really sucks, because I just got this pc, and I cant play Flashpoint like I want sad_o.gif

I get the exact same message!!!!!  Only I have installed a number of addons, all works well, but if I put just one more more addon in the addon folder, this damned message show up.  I have an Acer Ferrari 3000 pc, with ATI 9700 card.  Does anyone know the solution to my problem?  It really sucks, because I just got this pc, and I cant play Flashpoint like I want sad_o.gif

What have you tried so far to remedy this?

Have you tried using the -nomap switch on your desktop shortcut?

Are you starting up OFP with too many addons? Are you using mod folders to divide them up so that OFP starts up using less memory?

i believe it's directx 9.0c fault

everything was fine till i installed that one, and upgraded my nvidia drivers as well. pain eversince...

bleh

geforce fx 5900 btw

Hi Avon Lady, I posted the same topic earlier but was crapped on by a moderator because I didnt use the search tool,whats up with these moderators, they're just like when playing a game and they call you "noob".Well i didnt use the search tool cause I couldnt find it.BUt anyways, where do I find the nomap and how do I devide the addons up?Or how do i make a folder so that it is read by OFP?

BUt anyways, where do I find the nomap and how do I devide the addons up?Or how do i make a folder so that it is read by OFP?

Search The FAQ for "mod folders" and "nomap". smile_o.gif

Thx Avon.

I started dxdiag and deactivated Sound Hardwareaccelaration

That was it! I searched the whole internet to find an answer to the "no device driver" problem. I don't know why it worked, but it worked. I just deactivated the sound accleration and know I can play. Maybe somone should add this to the FAQ's.

Thanxs a lot. biggrin_o.gif

Yup, it worked.Woohoo!

I got this once I had installed directx9.0c. -Nomap works for me