Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Avon's Sun Bloc Mission Pack Version 1.0

If you're enjoying SelectThis' Desert Malden Island addon, you might be interested in my latest mission pack, Avon's Sun Bloc Mission Pack version 1.0.

The Sun Bloc pack includes all of the official SP, 1985 Cold War Crisis campaign missions and the campaign's cut scenes that take place on Malden Island, all converted for use with Desert Malden Island. I've also incorporated Desert Malden's desert camo uniforms for all forces - Russian, NATO and resistance.

For further information, go to The FAQ and click on HOT NEWS in the left-hand side menu.

Don’t go to her FAQ it has subliminal(sp?) messages in it telling you to advertise her FAQ all over the OFP community biggrin.gif .

Sound fairly interesting all you got to do now to complete it is to make water tankers to follow the troops around.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Thehamster @ Jan. 07 2002,00:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don’t go to her FAQ it has subliminal(sp?) messages in it telling you to advertise her FAQ all over the OFP community biggrin.gif .<span id='postcolor'>

I could have sworn the words "OF Fan" under my avatar flashed ever so quickly as "OF Faq". wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Black Op @ Jan. 07 2002,19:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you should get OF Brainbox biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That's Microsoft's new machine, ain't it?

Hello AvonLady, I downloaded this file:

AvonsSunBlocPackDSPV10.zip and got this error:

Winzip Error: Bad Zip file offset (Error local header signature not found) disk #1 offset 0.

I have downloaded from mirror 2 & 3, mirror no. 1 does not work for me (can't download using mirror 1).

This file "AvonsSunBlocPackD85V10.zip" worked ok, no problems with it. confused.gif

I am using WINZIP 8.0 (3105).

I'm waiting for the host to reply regarding the problem. Thanks for pointing it out.

You didnt e-mail me, but i dont know whats wrong, i extracted files correclty, maybe your connection, u in firewall?

dont know...

Do you have problems with the URLs above? They're not on my site or server. They're being hosted by someone else. I can access them with no problem. Let me know.

I keep getting this error wit this file:

AvonsSunBlocPackDSPV10.zip

Winzip Error: Bad Zip file offset (Error local header signature not found) disk #1 offset 0.

I can't unzip it. I got it from mirror 1, same thing happens with the other mirrors.

I just downloaded that file from mirror 1, without any problems. I used GetRight and opened and extracted the files with WINZIP. This is the URL (case sensitive):

http://www.kaduda.com/parts/AvonsSunBlocPackDSPV10.zip

It seems you're having problems with your download manager, your connection or your ZIP file program.

The Sun Bloc pack was zipped with WinZip's recent version, 8.1. I have no problem DLing it and extracting files. If you still cannot extract the files, could you try using Wizip 8.1 to see if that resolves the problem?

Ok, I will download 8.1 and try again, thank you. I will let you know what happens.

Hi Avon, I downloaded WINZIP 8.1 and used it but got the same results.

I have these files downloaded and they work good, they are:

avonspowderdryrollonpackd85v10.zip

avonspowderdryrollonpackdspv10.zip

AvonsSunBlocPackD85V10.zip

But this one (AvonsSunBlocPackDSPV10.zip) does not work for me sad.gif

I just checked the files my self (We're hosting them) and don't see any problems with them

might be you net conectiion, or when memory is failing on your PC, files being transfered, dloaded ect can become corupt

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Jan. 13 2002,10:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have the same problem<span id='postcolor'>

I will prepare a new copy of the Sun Bloc's SP missions file for the mirrors to upload.

The new copy of the Sun Bloc pack's SP missions file is available from mirrors 1 and 2 at The FAQ. Search for "sun bloc".

Those of you who had errors with the file's earlier copy, please let me know if the new copy is alright.

I just downloaded the sunbloc pak from mirror 1, and when I tried to unzip it it said it was not a valid archive. I was also using winzip 8.1 and archive is checked in the file propertys. This file is still corupted. No dissrepect intended. I appreciate the time it took to mod this and I was looking forward to checking it out. Please let us know here or on your site when you have rezipped and replaced the curent files on the server.

In the mean time I am going to download the cold cream mission pak and hopefully check that out.

Do you have any plans to do a set for the jungle island mod ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Type0 @ Jan. 14 2002,00:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just downloaded the sunbloc pak from mirror 1, and when I tried to unzip it it said it was not a valid archive. I was also using winzip 8.1 and archive is checked in the file propertys. This file is still corupted. No dissrepect intended. I appreciate the time it took to mod this and I was looking forward to checking it out. Please let us know here or on your site when you have rezipped and replaced the curent files on the server.

In the mean time I am going to download the cold cream mission pak and hopefully check that out.

Do you have any plans to do a set for the jungle island mod ?<span id='postcolor'>

Someone elsae who previously had the problem had no problem with the new ZIP file copy on mirror 1. The same should be true for mirror 2. Do you have the problem just for the SP missions file or also for the '85 campaign and cut scene files?

The SP file was created anew and uploaded to the mirrors yesterday, as in my earlier post, above.

Regarding jungles, yes, based on Ebud's Jungle Everon addon. Patience, please.

Hi Avon, I downloaded this file from MIRROR 1:

AvonsSunBlocPackDSPV10.zip

and it worked fine finally, thank you very much.

biggrin.gif

quote from me-"avon, how do i search the FAQ?"

quote from avon-"search the FAQ for, how do i search the FAQ?"

typical