Sign in to follow this  
ran

French National Day 14/07/2003

This year's special guest will be the british horse guards along with the Red Arrows and the RM music, here are a few informations about the parade :

09h15 The set-up of the troops is finished

09h30 Final inspection of the officers in charge of the parade

10h00 Arrival of the french Peésident, welcomed by the top command officers of the french army and the Paris military governor. (the video retransmission starts at the same moment)

10h15 Honors to the President

10h20 Musical animation by the Royal Marines and French Republican Guards music bands

10h30 Opening air parade

10h35 British Grenadier Guards parade on foot followed by the french army elements

(106 british men and 4000 french troops on foot)

11h05 Mounted troops parade opened by the King’s troop and Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment followed by the Régiment de cavalerie de la Garde Républicaine (Republican Guards, 244 horses)

11h10 Rotary wing aircrafts

11h15 Motorised troops parade :

Second air parade

Motorised and Armored troops parade

Gendarmerie Nationale bikers

11h35 Closing aircraft parade by the Red Arrows

11h45 The french president leave to the Elysée

A few numbers now :

51 units representing all the 4 military corps will parade on the Champs-Elysée.

97 airplanes will fly over the Champs Elysées during the parade.

273 Republican Guard horses

323 vehicles and 83 motobikes

41 musicians for the Band of her Majesty’s Royal Marines

106 Grenadier Guards

66 horse from the King’s Troop and the Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment

More than 4000 military personnel and civilians participate to the foot troops parade

350 musicians from 6 bands

The parade will be shown of TF1 and France 2 at 10:00 but will be preceded by documentaries about the french military and this year's guests.

(I will naturally try to get my hands on some livefeeds)

Yes you heard right germany its time to invade france again ! tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Yes you heard right germany its time to invade france again ! tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

heh, the troops on the champs Elysées only represent a small % of the french forces ... but yeah they have all the brand new shiny stuff with them heh .... anyway, BRING IT ON !!! ;)

I´m sure the french - german brigade will participate biggrin_o.gif

No need for an invasion wink_o.gif

I´m sure the french - german brigade will participate biggrin_o.gif

No need for an invasion wink_o.gif

nah not this year, sorry, the roastbeeves fill the spot ;)

One thing though, I haven't senn any foreign legion troops except the music band on the plannings and lists i've checked .... weird

They´re all on duty biggrin_o.gif

possible tounge_o.gif

Post personel pics if you can!

Post personel pics if you can!

i'm not going to Paris on Wednesday wink_o.gif

Ah, yes, the French national day. Celebrations all around the world for France not being a super-power. You Frogs are even worse than the Yanks when it comes to military parades, flag waving etc... La Gloire, eh?  wink_o.gif

And ran, I'm not saying this just because you called me "Norwegian" on the Swedish national day   tounge_o.gif

And ran, I'm not saying this just because you called me "Norwegian" on the Swedish national day tounge_o.gif

what's the big difference between the two anyway ? tounge_o.gif

Saw 14 July parade  in Grenoble 2 years back, when I was on vacation. It was really nice, there were leclerc tanks, snow camo mountain units and a lot of cavalery.

Have some pictures somewhere..........

How come the US doesn't have any military parades?rock.gif

because only communists and facists do that. and the french ;) j/k

because military parades are for commies tounge_o.gif

because military parades are for commies  tounge_o.gif

Those parades do look communistic tounge_o.gif

Anyway was hoping to see the parade this year again but I will be later on vacation this year sad_o.gif

didn't Chirac get shot last year? hopefully such thing won't happen.

A deranged man tried to shoot him with a rifle at close range but was overpowered IIRC.

a right wing extremist with mental problems tried to take a shot at our president ... but the crowd didn't let him, he's been disarmed as soon as he had been spotted but he still shot once (it was a .22LR carbine)

Quote[/b] ]And ran, I'm not saying this just because you called me "Norwegian" on the Swedish national day   tounge_o.gif

LOL - swedish national day  tounge_o.gif  Don't make me laugh as it's hardly mentioned in their calendar. The poor swedish bastards have even sent various official committies to our lovely nation to see how it's done - It's true!

One day Denoir my friend - you'll be able to sing "Ja Vi Elsker" holding the norwegian flag somewhere in Sweden  biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I wish we had one!

I totally agree. It´s not that we hadn´t a lot of stuff to show.

Anyway, people abroad would think of 3rd Reich parades, I guess that´s why we won´t see any soon. But Brandenburger Tor would make a nice background for such. Have you seen the "Großer Zapfenstreich" for Rau, Albert ?

Looked very nice biggrin_o.gif

I think 3rd Reich parades or Soviet parades/airshows/whatever when I see French or American parades as well.  rock.gif

IMO it's a bad militant tradition.

brgnorway:

Quote[/b] ]One day Denoir my friend - you'll be able to sing "Ja Vi Elsker" holding the norwegian flag somewhere in Sweden  biggrin_o.gif

Absolutely, when Norway is Sweden once again, I'll be happy to go to Norway on syttende maj and celebrate your provincial day  wink_o.gif