Sign in to follow this  
FischKopp

Easy Texture change?

I´ve read a few weeks ago about a Tool to change the texture easily. There i can find it, because changeing via SHIFT+E takes a looooooot of time.

theres a texture swap tool somewhere.But it didnt always work.I would recommend binarizeing the model and the hexing it an converting it back to mlod.

Thx vektorboson that was the last tool i missed for ofp editing. And NZXSHADOWS your way is not good you will lost named selections data or get wrong data and than you have a lot work to do to corect these mistakes.

doing the shift+e doesn't take long at all.....

have you tried the technique of opening up the texture path window??? all you have to do is hit ctrl and click [or double click] the texture name (i think ctrl is the button for it) but anways when you do that.....it selects all of the faces that that texture is applied to ....then hold down Alt and click within one of the windows... then use the shift+e function... it takes a matter of a few seconds

I can't say much myself.... I'd seen that it was possible a long time ago....but just actually recently used it biggrin_o.gif

but make sure and use Alt when selecting in the model window... because if you use the cntrl key, you will select some unwanted faces (i learned the hard way on that one) smile_o.gif

I made small tool for changing MLOD texture paths, it's never been "officially" released as I haven't bothered to write any documentation but FDFMod team and few people on #ofpec IRC channel have used it succesfully, and it really doesn't have too many buttons tounge_o.gif

Download it here (236kB)

@feersum.endjinn thx again.

Its a very usefull tool. This is realy funny sometimes you got no working solution for a problem and sometimes you get 3 biggrin_o.gif .

Is there any tool to convert .paa into jpg or tga? Most tools that handle .paa are just to convert jpg or tga files into .paa and not the other way around... sad_o.gif

BUZZARD @ July 17 2004,21:52)]Is there any tool to convert .paa into jpg or tga? Most tools that handle .paa are just to convert jpg or tga files into .paa and not the other way around... sad_o.gif

Well, there's always BIS's Texview (just select "Show all files" when saving and type filename with .tga extension) or for more userfriendly option take a look at Dschulle's PaNTool.

I've made a desert version of some textures, but I don't want to have to reapply them... is there any way to simply replace one texture with another?

I've made a desert version of some textures, but I don't want to have to reapply them... is there any way to simply replace one texture with another?

I think this thread just went over exactly that. It's quite easy. However, you can simply replace the current texture files with the new ones, if you kept the same layout as the originals.