Sign in to follow this  
AtStWalker

75mm pak 40 / 7.5cm pak 40

By "Gordak" (p3d), "Thommy" and "At St Walker", "Johnny (beta test)"

East -> (Be45) Static ->

http://www.storiamilitare.org/be45/germanart.php

Quote[/b] ]Rheinmetall began the studies of a new antitank 75 mm gun in the Summer of 1939. It was in many counts the bigger brother of the 50mm Pak 38, to which it is visually very similar (only the size makes possible to tell them apart). Started leisurely, the development became an emergency when the Russian tanks T-34 and KV-1 rendered the existing German antitank weapons irrelevant in the Summer of 1941. The first examples reached the frontline in November of 1941 and proved a formidable tank killer. It could pierce 120 mm armor at a distance of one kilometer ! The chamber was wider than the barrel, so that the combustion of the propellant continued during the travel of the shell in the barrel. The main drawback of the new weapon was its weight: a large vehicle was necessary to move it, which was detrimental to the discretion of antitank positions.

75pak40_1.jpg

75pak40_1b.jpg

75pak40_2.jpg

75pak40_2b.jpg

75pak40_3.jpg

75pak40_3b.jpg

Hey there !

First of all, thank you Berlin1945 for the frequency, the variety, the originality, and the quality of your addons.

Then about this one in particular : I can't hear any sound when I shoot. Is it me or is it a flaw ?

Regards,

Ig.

nice cannon, glad u fixed the damage the rounds did, as it killed 1 BIS M1A1in 1 shot!

but IMO could be improved in some aspects, such as: it has no shadow, and gunner cant be killed unless cannon is destroyed, the commander can be killed with bullets, but the optics are wrong, he is holding a binocular and u get a tank commander optic...

1) it has no shadow

yes offcourse the pak 40 (lod 0.00) has 4891 faces ! sorry sad_o.gif

2) and gunner cant be killed unless cannon is destroyed

this is a fire geometry bug, we will try to patch to the v1.3 sad_o.gif

3) the optics are wrong, he is holding a binocular and u get a tank commander optic...

strange this O_o

commanderoptic.jpg

AT smile_o.gif

tnx smile_o.gif

Nice one,

I downloaded Fraps about the same time I got your guns (ok so I'm a bit slow on the uptake). I like the Winter camo imparticular, so I thought I would try it out against some of Liberations, t34's smile_o.gif

Anim01.jpg

http://homepages.gotadsl.co.uk/~gssoft/WW2Anim.zip

It would be nice to see some more detail on the textures for the breach e.t.c But its great fun to use in game.

Cheers