Sign in to follow this  
ShArPsHooTeR

OpFlash Marine Corps Interview

Good interview with some nice screen shots from VBS1 .One important thing to come out of it was

HomeLAN - Will at least parts of the program be released to the public, such as new vehicles and such?

Michael Woodman - Some of the models may be released. BIS and Coalescent Technologies will have discussions in the future as to exactly which models.

So fingers crossed biggrin.gif

Duh.. I want to be USMC! OFP USMC!

I wonder where they've hid the recruiment office at the islands.... Malden? Everon?

sweet texturing.... doesn't seem to be that JPG compression look-a-like mess, seems much more accurate texture.

usmc2.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We are also working on real-time, interactive, voice-recognition fire support for mortars, artillery, Naval Surface Fire Support, and Close Air Support.

<span id='postcolor'>

grrrrrrrrrr!!!! now i'm really jealous!

usmc1.jpg

This looks just like OFP, except it's a Harrier (look at the jaggies). Haven't they completed their new engine yet?

the US marine should not be usng a computer game for training prposes, they should be doing real exercises

The Marines do have real exercises.  If you read the interview, you will realize that one of the primary purposes for this is to practice tactics when the real thing is improbable (i.e. on a ship).  Also, this makes it much cheaper than holding exercises that cost much more of the tax-payer's money.

****why does it look like that marine is wearing a turbine?****