Sign in to follow this  
berghoff

Hailuoto

Hey, ^_^.

I'm working on a new island currently and taken some pics;

h6.jpg

I'll be adding a large nature area aswell. Objects are from FDF mod 1.3 (thanks for letting me use them, they're awesome ;)).

Site about Hailuoto

Second site about Hailuoto

There wont be many urban area ofcourse, 1 big town would do :P. All pics are WIP.

Hailuoto will be released as a Winter version.

Summer/autunm version planned aswell.

Sorry about that other post, I pressed enter twice I quess. rock.gif

Looks like a very nice island Berg. So long as their is a village or 2 (with enterable buildings preferably), thats all that is needed for Urban areas in my opinion.

I love winter maps biggrin_o.gif

Would it be possible to have a stand alone version of it?

I have a few winter maps, but they all betas, with lots of marked spaces for towns but with nothing in there, so I won't use them because of them.

Thanks fella.

@CERO.

Would it be possible to have a stand alone version of it?

Well no, I cannot include work from FDFmod 1.3 in my own .pbo. It's copyrighted. I can only use the objects so FDF1.3 is required to play on this Island.

Well, erm, could you then replace the FDF objects with standard BIS objects and release that as a standalone?

Couldnt you do another version using stuff from winter nogojev? Theres a big difference between 33mb and 464mb wink_o.gif

Anyway, island looks good, should be done by the time I've finished downloading fdf 1.3 tounge_o.gif

I think you should definatly release one version that uses FDF objects, but I like munks idea of using W Nogojevs stuff too. But the FDF stuff is really good IMO, suits an island like this loads, i dont play FDF Wint E Border much (despite it's brilliance) cause it takes a while to load for me, this island wouldn't take as long, so i would probably use it alot.

Yea, maybe I can make a FDF1.3 version and a version that would only require Winter nogojev but without different pine trees and houses.

Ah, Hailuoto.

I have been there plenty of times, as i live in Oulu that is located about 15-20 km to the east of the island, and i can say it fits the scale of OFP perfectly. Beatiful island.

Mostly dry pine forests, worn asphalt roads and a small village in the center with a firestation, local market , church and a school.

Hope you will add the wind generators at Marjaniemi and a somekind of lighthouse, too bad you cant add the ferry that the people use to move between Oulu and Hailuoto

Typical landscape of Hailuoto

Metsatie_83B40.jpg

The Hailuoto´s airfield located at Pöllä

Polla_88B84.jpg

Well, it´s not used much these days.

Some small aircraft occasionaly land at the field, it was used as an emergency field at winter times in the 40´s and the 50´s, if i remember right.

Well, it´s not used much these days.

Some small aircraft occasionaly land at the field, it was used as an emergency field at winter times in the 40´s and the 50´s, if i remember right.

Nice, if you find more of such pictures, it can really help me create a nice Island..

I will add that field on my Island. smile_o.gif thx a lot.

I have quite high resolution images from last summer when i was there, mostly from Marjaniemi, which is located on the western edge of the island, it is a small harbor with small fishing huts, the small FDF cottages would fit perfectly there.

I´ll see tomorrow what i can do about those images and maybe show a few of em´ here.

By the way, here´s some more pictures of the Hailuoto´s airfield, the text is in Finnish but no matter.

Hailuoto´s airfield info

also, i made a quick Paint edit of a map to show the field´s location

thefield.jpg

Hope this helps!

hey that lokks JUST like some places here in sweden biggrin_o.gif

hope you can make resonably realistic textures on the airfield smile_o.gif

btw, how big is this island? (in Km^2)

I'm also going to try to make that lighthouse smile_o.gif

Rest of objects will be used from the FDFmod.

Hey, you can use windmills from F3wx_o1, v1.1. They're the same as DKM's windmill but fixed to be WRP-friendly. wink_o.gif

Tried to make the lighthouse, but the whitebrick texture is to small to fit this big house :P, I need to add a lil more variation to those whitebricks. And the top of the lighthouse isn't exact the one on the picture but I'll fix that.

New.JPG

New2.JPG

This one is a bit better.  smile_o.gif

Very nice progress, really good that you can make your own buildings!

but if you really want to nickpick, you can see that white 2 storey building next to the lighthouse in one of my pictures?

It´s quite big to be true. Maybe add it next to the lighthouse?

The textures might be a problem, but maybe just add generic white walls and somekind of windows. Nothing fancy needed there.

Here´s a few pictures of the lighthouse, and also the fishing huts in the winter time.

Marjaniemi´s Lighthouse

Don´t mind the Finnish text again, nothing special is mentioned.  wink_o.gif

Yea, I can try to make some buildings. I was planning to create those wooden buildings. smile_o.gif

Some new pictures:

GCS0011.jpg

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

h3.jpg

h4.jpg

Sorry for low-quality crazy_o.gif But the island is going fine. smile_o.gif

It will require both FDF 1.3 mod and the Finnish houses addons.