Sign in to follow this  
TheRedBaron

Binarized

wasnt sure what section this would go under. I used col. klinks tool to binarise my addons folder but it is still the same file size(the command prompt executed and the addon folder appeared in the opt folder), should it be smaller? and do i need to do any thing else to the addons after binarizing so they will work?

Well if your thread is a discussion related somehow to addons I think A&M:D is the best forum smile_o.gif

wasnt sure what section this would go under. I used col. klinks tool to binarise my addons folder but it is still the same file size(the command prompt executed and the addon folder appeared in the opt folder), should it be smaller? and do i need to do any thing else to the addons after binarizing so they will work?

they should be smaller. try to load it with o2: if that's impossible, they are olod.

can anyone help me with editing an olod soldier model? i used the olod explorer to convert it into mlod. i used o2 to edit a peticular lod that was having problems. but when i replaced the original .p3d with the new mlod one, the soldier ingame wont move at all and the gun only points downwards in first person. im a newb at modeling so i have no idea what to do. any help would be much appreciated.

@ni-mh

you have this problem because the conversion of some models will delete or change the named selections from the model in a wrong way the result is what you see. go here and download the sample model pack and take a look into the civilian modell to see the right seletion or use one of the demo modells

@TheRedBaron

like reador sad they should be smaller for example i have an weapon 1,21 MB after binarize this weapon the size was 493 kb.

My F4U .P3D size was smaller ,but after compressing the .PBO it was still about the same size as the unbinarized compressed .PBO