Sign in to follow this  
drow

Jungle plant pack

We will probably release a plant pack soon, seeing as we didnt create these plants/trees (battlefield vietnam) we think it would be a nice gesture to enable all jungle modders to use them while we work, rather than making everyone wait untill we are finished our island to use the plants.

JUNGLE

JUNGLE2

JUNGLE3

(heres just a few i tossed around in the editor last night to have a look, will update this thread.)

What do u all think?

My favorite OFP fauna question: will the plants block the AI's line of vision, so that you can hide behide them without automatically being spotted?

My favorite OFP fauna question: will the plants block the AI's line of vision, so that you can hide behide them without automatically being spotted?

Yea, the resistance ones did block some, but not much >_> kinda anoying to me. :/ I loved the ones from OFP1.

Yea, the resistance ones did block some, but not much >_> kinda anoying to me. :/ I loved the ones from OFP1.

Yes, except for the OFP1 marsh reeds. You could be completely unviewable and the enemy AI get you every time.

Maybe the sneezing gave away my position. tounge_o.gif

Just what I was thinking. If the AI can see through the vegetation then they are useless for me.

The plants looks great so I hope they are good smile_o.gif

Well, last night i shot one of the small bushes and it looked like a crumpled piece of paper afterwards :P, so there'll still be some work to do, but we'll get them right.  wink_o.gif

As for the Height, theres lots of really high ones, as for the view/hide thing (I havent checked yet, will do tonight),

well we'll do our best to make everyone happy, these are just fresh into ofp and they will need work, so post your input its appreciated.

biggrin_o.gif

Convert some textures to PAC,for no alpha channel filtering.The best way is use GIF format.Invisible space fill by color 255 0 255,save as GIF and then convert to PAC...

what are you speeking of?

pac's will loose all the invisible areas, our plant textures would look like big pieces of paper with plant textures taped on, that woudl certainly lower the immersion factor :P

pac's will loose all the invisible areas, our plant textures would look like big pieces of paper with plant textures taped on, that woudl certainly lower the immersion factor :P

realy?:P

believe me they dont lose...

Have a look on BIS trees,textures are in PAC ;)

If you are using paa textures, then you will loose part of texture quality and second - you'll got those ugly white (transparent) lines at edges of plants. First try read some texture tutorial.

If you have to many paa textures you can´t see objects behind them...

sample here:

paa.jpg

But if you use PAC texture (ofcourse without alpha filtering),it will be OK.

Sounds good.Ive been looking for some good trees an stufffor a islad of mine.

well the pics actually look better than they do at say mid day, they have terrible lines around them but i know how to fix it i think and its not that way, i didnt think that pacs could contain alphas tho,

learn something everyday.

I must open the textures in photoshop and re-save them with their proper alpha channels inplace, dont fret.  wink_o.gif

PS concider yall selves lucky for the sneek peek, i just got these before going to sleep last night so i quickly posted some screens for your pleasure and i have been at work all day so far... will work on them tonight.

PPS thanks for the tips, i will take them into account as we hope to make these as good as they possibly can be.

Any help that accomplished addon makers could lend would be appreciated, we could use help with ensuring that they all have proper LODs and the likes.

well the pics actually look better than they do at say mid day, they have terrible lines around them but i know how to fix it i think and its not that way, i didnt think that pacs could contain alphas tho,

learn something everyday.

I must open the textures in photoshop and re-save them with their proper alpha channels inplace, dont fret.  wink_o.gif

PS concider yall selves lucky for the sneek peek, i just got these before going to sleep last night so i quickly posted some screens for your pleasure and i have been at work all day so far... will work on them tonight.

PPS thanks for the tips, i will take them into account as we hope to make these as good as they possibly can be.

Any help that accomplished addon makers could lend would be appreciated, we could use help with ensuring that they all have proper LODs and the likes.

Tomorow I´ll post some tips about GIF format and visibility,now i going sleep. wink_o.gif

Tomorow I´ll post some tips about GIF format and visibility,now i going sleep. wink_o.gif

but tomorrow never came sad_o.gif

This is going to be perfect for my Island guys, great work.

How many Plant objects will be in the addon?

that didnt convince me :-)

i better like new paatool idea ;-)

Well PAA tool is of course nice, but i think the most important part of Statusis tutorial is - use PAC for nontransparent textures or textures with "sharp" transparency. Othervise is engine working with them like with transparent textures wich makes alot of other troubles. You can save them with PAA tool without problems.

[...]

something about 30 objects

10 bushes 20 trees or maybe more ;-)

[...]

something about 30 objects

10 bushes 20 trees or maybe more ;-)

Perfect smile_o.gif

Do you have the Coconut trees that kinda lean forward alot?

14big.jpg

med_coconut.jpg

No...I dont know why I posted that last pic tounge_o.gif

there is not much such trees (orginals) in BFV but we can make few out of those we have.