Sign in to follow this  
Farcus

A new newbie here

Hi everyone biggrin_o.gif

Well i just got this game with the Gold Edition or whatever it came with red hammer and its pretty fun so far except i'm kinda of not used to the graphics of this game , seems its rather outdated.

Well my first question is how do u actually used custom made addons? and heck even the official ones, like i know where to put them in to which folder but how do you actually play and see them in game? Also i know i should get resistence cause thats what all of you guys play but as of right now i can't, so i'm wondering where do u get good regular Cold War Crisis or Red Hammer models or mod cause thats what i have

After you put them in the addons folder, you go to the level editor and place the units. Either that or you DL a mission that uses the addons in question.

After you put them in the addons folder, you go to the level editor and place the units. Either that or you DL a mission that uses the addons in question.

You mean mission editor choose advanced mode then search for the addons in west or east side.

just an advice, use mod folders for the addons instead of putting them in Operation flashpoint/AddOns or Res/AddOns. Search in bis forums to find out how to do it. It prevents conflicts between addons and allows you to manage on an easy way what you're loading when you start OFP.

About pre-resistance addons, most of addons released today are not compatible with OFP versions under 1.75 and some of them required 1.96. So Buy resistance, it's not expensive at all. If you don't have Resistance it will be difficult for you to play MP games on dedicated servers, i guess all of them must be 1.96 now. To get CWC or Red Hammer compatible addons, go to ofp.cz as PAPABEAR_1985 told you or this link:

@war

the version required is mentionned next to the picture of the addon.

good luck and welcome in OFP community. smile_o.gif

Hi there Farcus

Welcome to the OFP Community.

First things first upgrade to version 1.96 it is a download listed on this forum. Use the search facility.

MOD Folders

Like some one already said use MOD folders for your addons.

Go to the site in this link and in the left hand pannel search box type "MOD Folders"

http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/index.htm

You will see a link called "Managing your addons with -mod subdirectories." use the method described. Avons Site is a good location to find all kinds of info. Stick it in your OFP favourites folder.

Some mods such as WGL have installers that sort all this out for you but you may wish to add other mods to your WGL shotcut as well

I suggest placing your addons in area and period of conflict. Each will need a seperate shortcut.

So you will end up with folders and Shortcuts something like this

WGL

FinMod and Winter

Vietnam

WWII

BAS and Tonal

Objects

Miscelanious

CoC

Some folders such as the objects or CoC you may wish to shortcut to all your genres.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.exe" -nosplash -mod=@Vietnam;@objects;@CoC

Major mods that alter config Such as WGL and FinMod or the ECP config with Dynamic Range, or sound altering mods such as dynamic range cannot be run at the same time as they conflict.

Web Sites

There are a mess of sites in OFP

This forum of course

Also as has been mentioned OFP info for addons and the latest news.

and I just stated Avon's Site for FAQs

OFPEC http://www.ofpec.com/ when you want to learn how to edit and script this is for advanced OFP and learning to become a MOD maker.

Many of the sites above have links to all the major MODs and their sites I wont clutter up this thread with them just use their links.

Once you are an expert squad leader and want to become an officer and command platoons, companies and above go to our MODs site and find out about the Command Engine you may also want our Divers so you can swim and of course our artillery. http://www.website.thechainofcommand.net/

I recommend WGL to improve your visual effects, I run it all the time now unless I am playing FinMod.

If you want to play multi player try Zeus Spartans Server.

http://www.ofp-zeus.com/nuke/

Once again welcome to the OFP community

Kind Regards Walker

Wow thanks guys, you guys are really freindly unlike other communities tounge_o.gif

About version 1.96 doesn't it reguire resistance? and i would buy it but i don't think EB games has them at my local shop. About is a CPU Benchmark of 4800ish good? just wondering wink_o.gif

Thx again for the replies

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.exe" -nosplash -mod=@Vietnam;@objects;@CoC

Just a little not for a newbie..

add -nomap to

so it will get like:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.exe" -nosplash -nomap -mod=What_ever_mod_you_use

That prevent the game from crashing smile_o.gif

and yea the 1.96 req OFP:R smile_o.gif

good luck biggrin_o.gif

He said he got himself the "gold edition that came with red hammer". That is ofp cwc v1.30, not resistance. He can only patch up to 1.46 (or 1.60 if he finds the beta patches anywhere) and will not be able to use modfolder, -nomap or most of the addons (that were made for resistance).

The best advice would be to get the goty edition and upgrade to 1.96, cause there won't be many mp servers for cwc anymore and he is missing on all the cool stuff that came with resistance...

Oh yes, you have just GOT to get Resistance expansion, OFP is twice the game with it. wow_o.gif Nodoby has the old CWC version any more.

yea.. OFP:R have some improved Graphics and more detailed Textured if I dont remember wrong.. and some new cool graphic options etc..

its ACE.. go and get it biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Well i guess i'll scoop around the game stores to look for it again rock.gif I doubt i can find it unless i order which i can't inasmuch as that i don't have a credit card. But is there really no addon or islands for regular OpFlash? i only got 56k so no MP is good enough for me wow_o.gif , beside i play CS for online games tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Nodoby has the old CWC version any more.
Oh you would be suprised. Even tho. Resistence costs what...$9, many people still don't have it. Too bad for them, they are missing out! wink_o.gif

there is some at www.ofp.info.. but NOT MANY!.. 99% f the addons now today are for OFP:R only..

Weird u find OFP CWC and noT OFP:R rock.gif

But if u find it, go for it biggrin_o.gif u wont regret if u like the game itself biggrin_o.gif

there is TONS of addons for OFP:R so u wont be able to get tired of ofp, cuz there is so much new stuff Every Day! biggrin_o.gif

good luck

if u wanna a taste of the addons whos released look on the 3 threads called

OFP Combat photography 1 ,2 and 3

there u see what u miss if u NOT get OFP:R wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

You really should pick up a copy of Resistance. It really helps make the game look much better, and adds tons of great game content.

Depending on what video card you have, try enabling FSAA and Anisotropic Filtering. That'll really improve the graphics quality! Now, when I disable FSAA, I can't imagine how I ever played like that. smile_o.gif

whats FSAA? I know what AA is ( Anti alaising ) but wtf is FSaa ?