Sign in to follow this  
Skewballzz

Soldiers: heroes of wwii  demo

Soldiers: Heroes of WWII, produced by codemasters is out. I tried it out, but nothing too monumental. It is entertaining for a while, but nothing worth buying IMO. The best part of the game is the Codemasters logo when the game loads. Makes me think how great it will be too see that on the upcoming OFP2 tounge_o.gif

Fileplanet Info Page

Not so great game but hey Im just spoiled thnxs to a game called: OFP and the makers of it ( BIS ) tounge_o.gif

But yeah Im gonna love the codemasters sign on OFP2 ( I hope )

It was okay, nice for a RTS, but some of the controls are confusing. It is only a beta but it shows because I noticed a couple bugs just in the one level provieded, and even on easy that level is impossible for me.

I think it will be a good game but they could have worked a bit on the demo. How am I supposed to take out 5-6 tanks and 20-30 soldiers with 1 tank and 1 AT gun when my tank runs out of ammo so fast. I know, I use the AT mines in the southwest ammobox, too bad I wasnt able to place them tounge_o.gif

I still havent beat the demo mission either, tried forgettign about the colonel, hiding my troops in the woods and then counterattacking even after the mission fail. No hope. Couldnt imagine it on hard.

This game could give me a break from the FPS for a while though, just wanna let em work out the stuff.

gimmicky, bad demo, nebelwerfers that can fire on targets 25 yards away?? Next.

Hey guys you should give this game a second look!

I played the demo quiet some times now and I am impressed by:

-Vehicle damage model: tracks fall off, engine damage, turrets blow off, shells bounce off doing no damage...

-environmental damage model: You can drive a tank right thru a house, plants burn, shells leave craters...

-AI: Soldiers take cover, run, hide...

-player control: unusual for an RTS you can (do not have to)steer your unit run and shoot yourself)

I prefer a OFP kind of gameplay but these features mentioned above are worth a look!

(there are lots of not so nice things too like low engagement ranges, low fiewdistance and others)

http://www.tothegame.com/res....rge.jpg